[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF I HATE BRITAIN NOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
WTF I HATE BRITAIN NOW
>>
Of all the reasons to hate Britain, you managed to chose the least relevant.
>>
But he did nothing wrong
>>
>intense emotional reactions that warp your perception of history

FUCKING EVIL GERMANS
>>
Bloody tax-dodging, frog-lovers.
>>
>>67879636
WTF I LOVE BRITAIN NOW
>>
>>67879636
yeah

by following Hollywood you'll hate germans,russians and japanese also
>>
>>67879636
I love Gibson in the director's seat but God DAMN that was a stupid ass film. There are North Korean propaganda movies that have more in common with reality than this.
>>
File: british army.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
british army.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>>67879636
We hate you too, colonial scum.
>>
>Sir Banastre Tarleton
>Anything less than a motherfucking hero
>>
File: glory.jpg (61 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
glory.jpg
61 KB, 500x376
>>67879636
FUCKING FRENCH, KILLL THEM ALL YOU GODDAMN KRAUTS.
>>
DID HE DIE?
>>
>>67880010
So this dude was so fucking butthurt traumatised by Sedan and 1871, that why he's the unwavering, unreasonable, amoral prick he is by WW1, like the rest of the French command?
>>
TAVINGTON. DAMN HIM. DAMN THAT MAN.
>>
>>67879816
holy shit, what movie? So few movies where righteous british colonials put down imputent native skum
>>
>>67880087
That's from the Sharpe series with Sean Bean, one of the later ones which I wouldn't recommend starting with.
>>
>>67879636

What, because they brought civilization and weirdo sports to all the niggers of the world?
>>
>>67880186

Based anon the Sharpe movies are criminally underrated
>>
>>67879636
The Patriot is one of the most stupid and historically inaccurate films I've ever seen, but goddamn was it fun.

>dat emotionally manipulative score from based John Williams
>dat nationalistic jingoism
>based Mel emulating a murican' version of William Wallace while slaughtering dirty redcoats

The Patriot is the what a sequel to Braveheart would have been like if Wallace had miraculously came back from the dead centuries later to kick some more English ass.
>>
File: 9658_8c34.jpg (100 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
9658_8c34.jpg
100 KB, 400x460
>>67880254
Damn straight.
>>
>>67880417

Except for that one

that's shit

but apart from that
>>
File: sharpe - sharpe's eagle-2342.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sharpe - sharpe's eagle-2342.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>67880254
They're great, especially the early ones.
>>
>>67880493
Are the India ones worth watching? Sharpe's Eagle is my fave by the way.

I heard the India ones are lame
>>
>>67880700
You might as well to complete it.
>>
File: unnamed (1).gif (1 MB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).gif
1 MB, 429x343
Shit, I never felt so sexually attached to some actor until I watch him in this movie.
>>
>>67880700

Lame is a massive overstatement. Everyone's older and it's obviously the end of an era, but Tom Clegg is still a boss and they're both incredible achievements. Especially the first one. The second one is just like resolving everything that can possibly be resolved about Sharpe. He also has to face a really personal arc that he overcomes by the end of the movie. Nothing special, but not lame.
>>
IS THERE A BIGGER BITCH IN ALL OF TV HISTORY THAN SHARPE'S WIFE JANE???
>>
>>67881508

Not only does she cuck the guy and steal from him, when he comes to get what's his she completely forgets what kind of guy he is and thinks he's going to hurt her.

Shouldn't have married a relative of Simmerson.
>>
>>67879973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-r-5kB1Sz0
>>
>hurr my tea taxes are too high
>I better go to war against they very country that colonized the chunk of land I live on at considerable expense while keeping the spanish and portuguese and islamic pirates at bay
>>
>>67881834
but they didn't keep the Algerian pirates at bay - that's how the US Marine Corps came into being
>>
>>67881834
>hurr let's be forever the human livestock of some inbred rich faggot from the other side of the ocean
>>
>>67882048
now you're just the human livestock of some jewish rich faggot from the other side of your country
>>
>>67879636
It's amazing how he was a direct allegory for General Sherman in the Civil War, and no one got the reference. Right down to the "slaves get the honor to fight for us and be freed."

Yankeefags a shit.
>>
>>67879636
WTF I HATE BRITAIN NOW
>>
>>67879636

Only time on film those stupid hats have looked cool and intimidating.
>>
>>67879636

What an islamophobic thing to say
>>
>>67882977
le muslims in britain meme

flimsy at best on /pol/
weak as shit outside /pol/
>>
>>67883199

whats the most popular name for baby boys in britain?
>>
>>67883278
Oliver and Jack.
>>
>>67879816
>that feelio when I found out who his mother is

fucking nepotism
>>
I'm a Brit and I used to love this film as a child, before I really understood the message. I miss being that age, just being entertaining by something without the bullshit behind it.
>>
>>67884852
The message is that Mel Gibson really hates the English and loves making films where he gets to kill them.
>>
File: dod.png (424 KB, 998x600) Image search: [Google]
dod.png
424 KB, 998x600
>>67883278
>>
>Send off some of your men to colonise new land
>We allow they govern themselves but must pay taxes for using the Empires ships and supplies
>they get upset and cry to the French
>>
File: melgibsoncrazy.jpg (53 KB, 445x554) Image search: [Google]
melgibsoncrazy.jpg
53 KB, 445x554
>>67879636
Does Mel Gibson hate the brits more than he hates jewish people?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.