[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek 2017 will go down in history as the best Star Trek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: trek2017-header.jpg (160 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
trek2017-header.jpg
160 KB, 550x300
Star Trek 2017 will go down in history as the best Star Trek series. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>67877444
I too enjoyed the Muslim captain who has to go back to his quarters every 4 hours and pray at the coordinates of Mecca, even during emergencies.
Better than a koochie moya
>>
Original rumors had the Federation exploring a new galaxy with a new fast drive.

Now people are saying that logo looks old, so it may not be set after Voyager.
>>
>>67878780
If it's not set after Voyager, I'm not watching it.
>>
>>67878780
It's set in the so-called reboot universe.
>>
If the captain is a white man as well as most of the cast I will watch it
>>
File: kbop54564.jpg (4 MB, 2436x1680) Image search: [Google]
kbop54564.jpg
4 MB, 2436x1680
>>67878907
source
>>
>>67878907
It had better not be.
>>
>>67879006
>>67879010
You just know it will be. That's the setting and aesthetic that's making lots of money right now. It'll be Star Trek's version of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, set during the movieverse and featuring plenty of quips and memes.
>>
File: 1387596978359.png (11 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1387596978359.png
11 KB, 300x188
>>67878428
>no mention of the captain's Romulan husband and their half-klingon transdaughter

>>67879081
oh, so it's not even going to be star trek
>>
File: 1455168830266.jpg (44 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
1455168830266.jpg
44 KB, 320x480
Bryan Fuller on writing for Star Treks shows:

>When I was watching Deep Space Nine-- I think it's one of the best incarnations of Star Trek, and I have affection for all of them, but Deep Space Nine has a very special heart because I think they were primarily character-based, more than any of the other shows. And I think Next Generation at its peak was some of the best television that has ever been, but Deep Space Nine spoke to me on a more intimate level. And I'm not sure what it was, but I just understood the math of storytelling, because storytelling is mathematics. Like, you have to build, and you have to subtract, and divide, and there's all sorts of math to telling a story, and it just clicked.

>They let me into the writers' room, and it was Ira Behr who was like "Okay, we'll give this guy a chance and he can be in the writers' room." And it was interesting to be in a writers' room for the very first time. And what was great about the Deep Space Nine writers' room was that they were all fans of Star Trek and you were with people who loved the program, whereas on Voyager there was sort of an attitude of you know, [disgusted] "It's Star Trek" and all, you know. And I was just like "What are you talking about? You're lucky to be here." So Deep Space Nine were the fans and then Voyager was a little bit of like, you know, "We're better than this" and I was like "No you're not. None of us are."
>>
File: 1455168753090.png (201 KB, 549x307) Image search: [Google]
1455168753090.png
201 KB, 549x307
Bryan Fuller on running Star Trek shows:

>I had been on Voyager for four seasons, and, you know, Voyager was an interesting job because there was this fraternity at Star Trek. That was a very interesting experience-- my mind doesn't work well in those situations. And so I was always a little jealous that I didn't get the job-- 'cause there was a job on Deep Space Nine and there was a job on Voyager, I was like "Please, God, let me get the Deep Space Nine job." And I got the Voyager job, which was a slightly less supportive community than Deep Space Nine was, there was an installation of fear. And there was also-- the show is what the show is. And on Deep Space Nine, Ira Behr was a very visionary showrunner. So when the executive producer Rick Berman would be like "I don't like that idea" he'd be like "I don't care. This is what we're doing and this is why we're doing it." Where on Voyager we had so many great ideas for that show that were thrown out, and then it was just sort of like okay, it's fait accompli, the idea's dead, and I was like "Ira would have fought for that shit." So on Voyager, toward the end, I was getting a little frustrated with how non-human everybody was. Because I'm like "They're facing the Borg, they're gonna be sitting in their own stool." There's no kind of reality to the human emotion of it. And that grew very frustrating for me because I didn't know how to write it, I didn't know how to write just purely technologically or informationally. And so I was like, "What's a show that I want to watch?"

Who /hype/ here?
>>
>>67877444
R E M I N D E R
>>
>>67879254
>Deep Space Nine-- I think it's one of the best incarnations of Star Trek
FUCK
>>67879282
>There's no kind of reality to the human emotion of it
FUCK.
>>
>>67879353
Voyager and Enterprise BTFO
>>
File: 1457893234523.jpg (87 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
1457893234523.jpg
87 KB, 1920x816
>>67879006
Fucking love the KBoP
>>
>>67879709
Then why don't you own one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eM1OSNGLwI
>>
>>67879348
is there a pepe for being happy I was born in time to watch TNG as it aired?
>>
>>67879967
What was life like before computers and telephones?
>>
>>67880030
haha

being born before the internet changed everything just gives some perspective and appreciation.

I wasn't born in time to see the high time of America/world. I can't pin down when it all started going to shit. After JFK and before Reagan.
>>
>>67877444
If it has a female captain, 0 chance of being the best, certain to be one of the worst.
>>
File: 51tq5kyBIEL.jpg (41 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
51tq5kyBIEL.jpg
41 KB, 333x500
>>67877444
But the best Trek movie has already been made
>>
>>67881092
Star Trek 2017 is a television show, not a movie.

Explain your shameful behavior, cadet.
>>
>>67881166
Sir, I was temporarily mesmerized by Lt Madison's awesome rockin' bewbage and lost my train of thought
>>
>>67881011
>TOS comes on
>it's good
>TNG comes on
>it's good
>think to myself "If a Star Trek has a white male captain then it'll be good."
>Enterprise comes on
>it's bad
You can't make such analyses when we have such a small data sample.
>>
I wonder what they're going to call it.

I hope it's in the same style as TNG. So comfy.
>>
>>67878907
It isn't. The movie and tv series are owned by different companies now. So they can't share the same canon
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.