[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good movies based around theme parks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 13456767867823.jpg (46 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
13456767867823.jpg
46 KB, 590x350
Any good movies based around theme parks?
>>
>>67872606

Y'know, I can think of a really famous one that came out about 20 years ago and spawned multiple sequels along with a media franchise. If you think about it for a minute, you'll remember it too.

However in fairness, the story is not essentially "about" a theme park. that was just more of a consumerist wrinkle to the fundamentally interesting aspect of the premise, making for a modern story.
>>
>>67872606
Westworld
>>
>>67872606
The Way Way Back at least took place in a theme park for a good chunk of the story. Pretty good movie too.
>>
>>67872606
Schindler's List
>>
>>67872606

I heard all sorts of stories about that place

>tfw was too poor
>>
>>67872606
Wouldn't you die if you went down pic-related?
>>
>>67873079
I can't figure it out, are you talking about Final Destination?
>>
>>67873213
>hipster trash with shitty romance

>it's an indie classic!

no thanks.
>>
>>67872606
Zombieland had a theme park
>>
>>67873286
Are you retarded?
>>
>>67873282
>>tfw was too poor
wut? it was specifically made for lower income families coming from new jersey and shit parts of new york
>>
>>67873287
JP
>>
>>67873363
Oh shit I didnt even think of that, nice one
>>
>>67873337
>go straight down speeding water slide
>loop is coming up
>CRACK
>bye bye neck
>>
>>67873337
Are you a faggot?
>>
>>67872606
>tfw action parks wiki reads like a Stephen King novel with all its horror stories of injuries and fatalities
>>
>>67873363
It's a Zoo not a theme park.
>>
Escape from Tomorrow was a lot better than its imdb score led on

There was that one with KStew and Lex Luthor that was forgettable trash
>>
Adventureland you plebs
>>
>>67873400
So you're confirming that you are retarded
>>
>>67873439
Well then jurassic world then, pedantic meanie
>>
>>67873428
>The Whip
>On August 18, 1938, a 19-year-old boy was killed when he was whipped off of the ride.

who writes this shit?
>>
>>67873439

A waterslide does not a theme park make. Although we both know exactly what you meant, it does bear getting very pedantic and literal right now, to make the point: in the movie, the site was a large natural space, or park, rather in the sense of a nature preserve, but also purportedly for-profit, and on a central, uniting concept, or: theme. Theme parks do not have to have "rides", but even this one met your criteria (the track-cars). And the presence of the kids and mall-atmosphere of the tourist spaces make clear how the thing was being branded and conceived, as a family attraction with plastic crap to buy at the end, or: a theme park (with a rather significant zoo element).
>>
>>67873428
AP was the shizznit. Niggers be getting road rash on the Alpine Slide.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.