[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/ I know I'm a bit behind the times but I just watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: mr-robot[1].jpg (80 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot[1].jpg
80 KB, 600x549
Hey /tv/ I know I'm a bit behind the times but I just watched episode 9 of pic related.

So when mr. robot was talking to the rest of the crew, that was elliot talking to them, right? So why did they all reply to him and not elliot? How did mr robot talk to the crew in the van? I don't want to say this shit is a dumb fucking plot twist because I'd like to understand it better, but a lot of this doesn't add up for me.
>>
>>67868116
Yeah, it was good enough w/o the tweest honestly. Awesome ideas, just needed to pare it all down a bit, but i respect their bravado.
>>
>>67868156
Like, did they not notice elliot was apparently having conversations with himself in the arcade? This shit bugs me. I wish they kept out the twist too. Would have been better if it were just the team working together like in the first half of the season
>>
>>67868208
Or when elliot was going through morphine withdraws. They fucking talked directly to mr. robot *and* elliot. The black dude fucking gives mr robot that detox drink and instructs him to keep giving elliot the drink. THIS SHIT IS SO DUMB
>>
File: 11925668.jpg (39 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
11925668.jpg
39 KB, 640x640
>>67868208
I guess for it to work, they were humoring him? Like 'Yeah, he talks to himself but really his father who doesnt exist but whatever, let's do what he says." ?

>>67868306
As for scenes like this...shit if I know. I guess we're to imagine we were seeing it from Elliot's perspective?

It doesnt hold up much upon examination, and was needless. While i'd like to see more Slater, they could do to slow down w new plot twists/elements a bit.
>>
>>67868555
It just fucking kills the rest of the season for me. Am I to assume that when Mr. Robot was introducing elliot to the crew, it was just elliot fucking introducing HIMSELF to the SAME PEOPLE HE HAD BEEN WORKING WITH ALL ALONG? Like was he just fucking standing there hyping himself up in front of them as Mr. Robot, and then switching to "elliot" to act all autistic and weird? They had so much potential for this show man. They definitely could have done with a slower plot/less twists. I absolutely agree.

Thanks for reading my blog and humoring me. I just really wanted to vent about this shit.
>>
>>67868749
If you come back and see this, you should note that most of the show we see through Elliot's eyes. So all of the scenes where he and mr.robot are talking to each other and to the crew are just hallucinations/delusions triggered by his psychosis. We, as an audience, don't really know how those conversations actually went down and aren't supposed to. The exception to this is the few scenes where we do see how other characters see Elliot's behavior. You probably haven't got to it yet, but for example in the last few episodes there are scenes we Elliot fights with Mr Robot in public and its just him slapping himself and such.

Also, it is acknowledged that other characters do realize Elliot is psychotic and just keep it from him so he doesnt spiral out. Again, im not sure if you got to this but theres a scene with MrRobot talking to Tyrell in his car and Tyrell is clearly threatening to reveal to Elliot the nature of his psychosis if MrRobot (elliot's alternate psyche) doesnt go along with his plans.

tldr: dramatic irony sort of
>>
>>67868116
Im just watching episode 1 right now, its a good set up so far....

But he has already lost wizard status in the first ep. I call bullshit.
>>
>>67870366
This.

But its a good show keep watching it literally dives right off the deep end and goes full fight club
>>
>>67868749
Also, forgot to add, that is for the most part how real psychoses and delusions work. Someone with psychosis will reference how their delusions are real by claiming that other people( friends, family. etc) interacted with them. That one ep of scrubs is a good example of this.
>>
>>67868116
>>67868208
Watch the finale episode, they actually show him interacting with mr.robot from a "random person" point
>>
>>67870297
Yeah I just got to the coffee shop fight, and that part makes sense to me because it's just a conversation between him and mr. robot the onlookers, while noticing, don't count because they don't go along with it

I mean I guess the whole unreliable narrator thing makes sense to me. I can begrudgingly handwave that shit if we aren't sure it even happened the way it was showed.
>>
>>67868749
>he just fucking standing there hyping himself up in front of them as Mr. Robot, and then switching to "elliot" to act all autistic and weird?
No? You're watching the show from Ellion's point, haven't you noticed him looking at papers and shit and seeing incredibly exaggerated headlines or the whole Evil Corp thing? It's all in his head, he doesn't actually switch between personalities
>>
>>67870399
Well alright then. I can find some closure in that. Thanks, anon
>>
Elliot is the narrator and we're viewing it from his perspective so of course it's going to look like everything is hunky dory. There's like 2 tells before the reveal iirc. The bartender not asking Mr Robot if he wants a drink and I think something to do with the body guards but I can't remember correctly

Elliot being a terrible narrator and batshit is a huge part of the show

Jesus christ guys come on
>>
I love how the show constantly subverts the delusions of grandeur Elliot creates

>>67870516
There's a tell in the first episode, when Elliot is trying to decide whether or not to go to Angelas party, then when he monologues that he should go in Robot walks out the door with a bunch of people blocking him and making him decide not to
>>
>>67870516
Another good one in the first ep is in his conversation with Darlene. He asks her "how do you know where I live" and she replies "why wouldnt I?".

It's really wasnt a crazy twist since the /tv/ thread after the premiere completely guessed it. It was nicely executed though. Angela/Darlene being close friends was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>67870516
>>67870561
The thing is - it was SUPPOSED to be obvious that it's all in his head, Slater shows up out of nowhere and only in weird situations when Elliot's alone. Guy who created the show said it himself, he's not an idiot, he knew that in internet age(and he made a fucking show about it) people are going to guess it by episode 2. It was supposed to be obvious for US, but shock to Elliot + it was a red herring to hide the actual twist nobody called

Anyone else remember when Dexter tried to do the same trick and it failed spectacularly, because majority of people guessed it by episode 4, but reveal didn't happen until episode 10 or so?
>>
>>67870561
Yeah forgot about that one

The show was never about if Mr Robot is real or not. It is Elliott slowly going insane and HIM realizing he is infact crazy. We know basically from episode 1 he's unhinged.
I know /tv/ can only critique a show based on number of plotholes so it's understandable that people got caught up with "is Mr Robot real duurrr"
>>
i think really plays up the distorted reality thing pretty decently and i dont really need to see the fight club type scenes that show he was being both guys at the same time. i think the show play's on elliot's distortedperception of reality and relationships pretty good enough as it is. really i just dont care
>>
>>67870754
What's the actual twist that nobody called? Pretty sure I saw the entire plot arc pretty well guessed at first night.
>>
>>67870858
Robot being his dad, girl being his sister.

Fairly sure the only thing relatively hinting towards him being his dad was the questions about his dad.
>>
>>67870858
Darlene.

/tv/ and reddit were obsessed with this show when it aired and i'v never seen a single person call it out, people were just to busy jerking off to "it's sooooo obvious Mr. Robot is in head"
>>
AUTISMO FUCKS A GIRL IN FIRST EPISODE
DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>67870937
Nah, girl being his sister was obvious too. Like I mentioned >>67870735

I don't know if there are any more clear tells, but there was at least one scene where Robot and Darlene talk about Elliot that seemed out of place. Also, the fact that she's intimate with Elliot in a way that's pretty incongruent with the rest of her actions.Obviously I'm hindsight biased here, but I think it was pretty well guessable. Idk.

>>67871007
Elliot fucking her isnt unbelievable so much as them dating later was. They were both high after all.
>>
>>67871099
I was in the threads from when the pilot was leaked, literally nobody was saying Darlene was his sister
>>
>>67870395
lol cool will do
>>
>>67871203
Welp, I did at least. :)
>>
>>67871099
No it wasn't, >>67871203 is completely right, NOBODY called it. I guess you're smarter than internet's collective mind
>>
>>67871007
that kinda pissed me off as well
>"Dude im like, so anti-social and weird and stuff"
>Proceeds to bang hot drug dealer chick in 1st episode
>>
>>67871549
>>67871007
Oh god, this shit, every single thread. He's not autistic or anti-social, he has no problems talking to people, he's schzophrenic. He's also attractive, has a good job and an apartment, it's not hard to get laid, especially if you get high with that chick all the time
>>
>>67871549
I'm almost convinced that was a joke or at least meant in another way, a second before that there's this really grounded scene about his exclusion from society, then seconds later he's in bed smoking a joint after fucking his dealer, it felt like they did that either to make some sort of commentary on how people with mental illness mask it with drugs and casual sex.
>>
File: 479140438.jpg (249 KB, 594x397) Image search: [Google]
479140438.jpg
249 KB, 594x397
which one, frogs?
>>
>>67871765
well he was high and she was horny. Meaningless sex doesn't stop someone from being lonely or antisocial.
>>
>>67871007
>>67871549
>>67870366
Apparently this happens every thread. kek. Guess its time to start a morphine addiction.

>>67871787
Neither
>>
>>67871314
:^) Kudos to me then.
>>
>>67871765
Didn't they do molly?
That shit makes you horny + friendly I'm pretty sure
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.