[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warner Bros. released a deleted scene from the film that will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: predator.png (1 MB, 1272x558) Image search: [Google]
predator.png
1 MB, 1272x558
Warner Bros. released a deleted scene from the film that will be featured in the 3+ hour R rated director's cut.

Looks like it takes place after doomsday's defeat but before Lex is imprisoned
>>
>>67864690

Nothing gets past you Lestrade.
>>
>>67864690
Show me one law where it's illegal to get caught worshipping space satan.
>>
Is Lex standing in Doomsday's placenta?

Dude...
>>
>OP doesn't even post the clip
You had ONE JOB

https://youtu.be/s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>67864747
Get it? He was all "angels from above" and shit and he literally was performing devil rituals.
>>
>>67864788
What the fuck?

Is the whole movie this dark?
This looks creepy as fuck
>>
>>67864747

more like birthing fluid/primordial ooze
>>
>>67864788
I demand to know why this wasn't in the movie

It makes DINGDINGDING actually make ducking sense and sound infinitely less cringey
>>
>>67864835

Nah just that one part to hammer home how sinister it is.
>>
>>67864788
Holy shit that looks rad

redpill me, is that darkseid
>>
>>67864835
Yeah that shit was unsettling as fuck to me too. Producers are fucking stupid why did they cut that out?
>>
>>67864835
>Is the whole movie this dark?
I don't think any scene gets quite this dark outside of the opening sequence which is the man of steel finale from Batflek's POV
But the movie does have a lot of gravitas and overall epicness surrounding many scenes.
That alone made me appreciate it.
>>
File: steppenwolf.jpg (147 KB, 768x384) Image search: [Google]
steppenwolf.jpg
147 KB, 768x384
>>67864934
We're pretty sure it's supposed to be a weird alien version of Steppenwolf... one of Darkseid's generals
>>
>>67864889

No one human thought it was cringy to begin with though. You have a severe mental illness.
>>
>>67864934
Steppenwolf most likely, cause of the horns. Those were MotherBoxes tho
>>
>>67864835
Batman literally tries to stab Superman through the heart with a kryptonite trident. He also stabs a thug through the chest, pinning him to a wall. It's that dark.
>>
>>67865007
DINGDINGDING literally ruined Luther's character

He was great up until that scene
>>
>>67865003
Honestly I thought that was one of the strongest scenes in the movie.

... sucks that the film basically peaks early and then drags on.
>>
>>67865006
Yeah I doubt the New Gods, at least the ones from apocalypse, will be humanoid.
>>
>>67865039
Because the bells been rung, and He's on his way.
>>
File: batman.png (877 KB, 1625x960) Image search: [Google]
batman.png
877 KB, 1625x960
>>67865041
>>67865003

Pretty much everyone agrees the first 20 or so minutes of the film are A+, then it starts to slide downhill.

How steep of a hill that is varries from opinion to opinion
>>
>>67865039
No, again, you have a very, very severe mental illness and no remotely normal human being thinks the way you "think." All meme reposters belong in straitjackets. You are retarded in more ways than one.
>>
Watching the deleted scene just now legitimately spooked me a bit.
I wasn't expecting something that xenomorphy to be there.

I hope it's in the directors cut along with more scenes. I honestly feel like this would have been a great 4 hour movie then they cut too much out.
>>
>>67865149
Not him but can we just talk about this movie without the whole "insult contest" thing? There are other threads for that.
>>
>>67865110
I'd say it's less of a continuous slide downward and more like a downward slope with a few scattered peaks.

There's definitely some really genuinely great scenes scattered through the whole length of the movie, it's just that there's so much crap surrounding them they don't hit as hard.

There's a really decent 90 minute movie buried in this mess. My only hope is that when the deleted scenes and shit all get released, some dedicated fans manage to find that movie.
>>
Jesus fuck look how much trouble they had with Doomsday. That thing looks way more dangerous than doomsday.
>>
I'm honestly excited for justice league and I'm glad it's directed by Snyder. This movie was a fun ride in ways we don't see in the Marvelverse or xmenverse, so I'm eager for more.
>>
http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy

we've all been exposed as plebs
>>
>>67865252
You can honestly see when the producers came in and started weaseling around with snyders vision
>>
>>67865278
Definitely giving this a read tonight.
>>
>>67865006
Darkseid's uncle, actually.
>>
>>67865252
>There's definitely some really genuinely great scenes scattered through the whole length of the movie
this is exactly what i thought.

This was a movie with a bunch of great scenes, many of which made by the music. even that scene where Luther is just walking in a straight line is awesome because of that purposefully over the top score.

I would enjoy re-watching this buzzed or drunk the same way I enjoy watching The Great Gatsby that way.
>>
>>67864889
Did you not understand that he teased Darkseid?
>>
Apparently the scene was removed due to the blood.

Anyone got any details on the extended cut?
This movie really needs one
>>
>>67865348
It honestly takes multiple viewings. A lot of people here needed the Excalibur thing explained to them.
>>
>>67865278
tl;dr - bottom line, the movie is a mess because it's a mess, not because audiences "didn't get it".

Mostly this all comes down to one thing - WB rushed things.

The main reason all the Marvel shit works so well is they don't blow their load all at once. You get a good movie here, a good movie here, and it slowly but surely builds up to major events like Avengers 1&2 and Civil War.

We don't get that here. We don't get standalone movies dropping the breadcrumbs to set up a major event like BvS, let alone all the Justice League shit they haphazardly threw in at the last minute. The set-up for Justice League ends up falling short because it doesn't feel like it was earned, it feels like it was forced. We didn't get to Justice League because we spent 3 or 4 movies building up to it, we got to Justice League because that's where the network execs dictated we had to be by the time the credits for BvS roll.
>>
Holy fuck i have found a BvS thread where i can talk about the elements that worked without being slammed by some company wars asshole.

I think its biggest weaknesses were that you can clearly see where motivation has been left to a minimum (likely where stretches of breathing space were cut out). It also relies too heavily on the viewer having prior knowledge.

All that being said, i really enjoyed this, i think it isn't difficult to follow, i think you can construct motivation given the details provided and i think its really fun.
>>
>>67865418
>It honestly takes multiple viewings. A lot of people here needed the Excalibur thing explained to them.
I didnt
>>
>>67865418

Multiple viewings definitely helped me clear up Bruce's and Lex's motivations.
>>
>>67865348
What really pisses me off about that was it actually, for one brief moment, made me think I had an idea of what they were doing with this Lex.

It was so over the top I thought - I get it now! - it's not that he's a fucking goofball or some autistic sperg... this is a guy who loves being powerful and loves getting his fucking way and isn't afraid to revel in his own dominance over others, and goes full sociopath if you get in his way.

Not "muh Lex" but it was something I could have at least got on board with.

But no... it turns out he really is just an autistic little sperg.
>>
>>67865377
It's happening, but not of the deleted scenes reported so far seem to add to the narrative. It's mostly smaller character moments, dream sequences and extended fight scenes with more violent bits.
>>
are those the magic boxes from the thor movies
>>
>>67865670
MotherBox
>>
>>67865377
Well, the movie is like 70%, taking numbers out of my ass, of what Zack wanted it to be, there were confirmed issues with the script, which lead to the parts that felt forced, like the Justice League members, those escenes were not supposed to be there. Seems to be the same case with Wonder Woman, leaks and shit say all different shit so we cant know for certain, but she felt out of place too so we can assume there were issues there too. Anyway, the director's cut will be the version as Snyder wanted it to be, so, for the ones that loved the movie, its safe to hype.
>>
>>67865623
>dream sequences
UUUGGGGHHHH

NO MORE DREAM SEQUENCES!

God fucking dammit the dream sequence bullshit was the absolute worst part of the movie.

The Knightmare sequence was neat, but like the rest of the dream sequences (apart from the first that segues into the metropolis attack intro) they fuck up the pacing and just seem so goddamned out of place. I mean what the fuck was that shit with dirty sanchez Flash in his power ranger armor shit?
>>
>>67865703
The justice league scene was less than 3 minutes long.

It's harmless, albeit unnecessary
>>
>>67865703
The JL scenes would have been okay if you stuck the scene with WW at the computer in at the end... but not in the middle of the fucking climax!
>>
>>67865579
>>It was so over the top I thought - I get it now! - it's not that he's a fucking goofball or some autistic sperg... this is a guy who loves being powerful and loves getting his fucking way and isn't afraid to revel in his own dominance over others, and goes full sociopath if you get in his way.
That's what I got out of it. He tries to talk June into allowing him to have the kryptonite rather than sneaking it into the country, because he wants the government to sanction his actions. He wants that feeling of power and righteousness from being backed by the state and when he doesn't get it, he destroys her. He has to leave the piss before he sets the bomb, because it's important for him that she knows he's done it.
>>
>>67865722
Snyder just threw that in in reshoots to further tease the Justice League. Not even he can properly explain whether that was a dream, a vision, and actual physical thing that happened, etc.
>>
>>67865686
you're moms a box you fucking cunt
i just asked a simple question
>>
>>67865776
Oh you're doing a thing. Ok.
>>
>>67865579
>>67865764
If they'd stuck with that characterization for the movie, I almost would have been fine with it... would have still rather seen a more serious Lex and a different actor, but I could have lived with it.

Problem was they didn't, and Eisenberg spends the better part of half the movie jumping back and forth between like four other interpretations of the character.
>>
Can we agree Flash not wearing his traditional costume instead of a hardsuit was SUCH a missed opportunity? The normies would've ate it up.
>>
>>67864788
Man that shit looked bretty good.
>>
File: 145971151341.png (26 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
145971151341.png
26 KB, 1024x1024
>>67865884
No Snyder.
>>
>>67865432

I didn't come away with feeling it was a mess at all. I understood it just fine.

Marvels approach doesn't really work with DC because Marvel has a much stronger lineup of cultural icon superheroes. the have more characters people know and care about but nobody as popular or awesome as Batman. lets face it Batman is the only reason people went to see this and the only reason people give a shit. it's smart to center the focus on Batman doing Justice league like a sort of Dirty Dozen where he assembles the team. lets face it even if the DC film universe tanks we're still going to get some sweet Batman standalone movies because lets face it, Affleck is the best incarnation of Bats we've seen on the screen yet and it's kind of a shame that he wasn't launched with a standalone movie of his own. I agree the movie was rushed but I don't think it's a mess. I think it turned out a lot better than it could have.
>>
File: hereafter.jpg (79 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
hereafter.jpg
79 KB, 600x341
>>67865841
They didn't even bother to shave that thing off his lip.

If you're gonna do "character from the terrifying apocalyptic future travels back in time to warn the heroes" shtick... go full beard or go home
>>
>>67865924
>It looks bad
>I can't elaborate why it just does.

Ok.
>>
>>67865924
but it did
>>
>>67865470

I feel the same way but to be fair you and I came in with knowledge of the world, characters and the comics it was based on. this was not a movie made for normies but comic book fans. I'm willing to bet most critics fall on the normie side. I had absolutely no trouble understanding the movie and I haven't even seen Man of Steel. I was able to infer what happened based on info provided but someone who has only seen the Nolan Batman films is going to be confused as fuck. that would explain why it's panned by critics but generally enjoyed by fans. this is a smarter movie than it gets credit for and deals with realistic consequences of meta humans in a way you don't typically get. I can see the complaints about Luther and the film does cram a lot in there, it's far from perfect but also far from a train wreck.
>>
>>67865924
Bro quit hating, that shit looked pretty dope. I dont get you haters hate on this movie so bad, but yet you come in to bad talk the movie.
>>
>>67865504

really? I understand how the movie would benefit from multiple viewings just because of the sheer amount of information you are bombarded with but I found Bruce and Lex's motivations quite easy to infer from the dialogue and I've only seen it once.
>>
>>67865036
there are fucking kids on here now. christ i'm getting too old for this place.
>>
>>67866163
What an enlightened 24 year old you are. Where else do you like to flaunt your maturity?
>>
>>67865006
Isnt that Yuga Khan tho? Darkseids father?
>>
>>67866220
Steppenwolf
>>
File: 1384080796067.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1384080796067.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>67865278
>A long ass blog post to explain that BvS is a tragedy, and that's why it isn't shit

I'm not reading all this shit. I read the headlines and skimmed. Anyone who gives a shit knows that BvS is a tragedy. Batman and Superman's hamartia are fucking worn on their sleeves in the trailer footage. Writing pages upon pages just to assign labels to the various parts of the movie so that you can prove it was a tragedy is giant waste of time. There's nothing inherently good about being part of a genre.

For some reason, this is is exactly what I would expect from people who really love BvS. It's like they're grasping for reasons for it to be amazing that other people just "don't get." Wow, BvS has many elements that would classify it was a revenge tragedy! It's a modernization of classic theatre in the mainstream!

It doesn't make it good.
>>
>>67866758
>I'm not reading all this shit.
that's what i would expect from some fag using anime reaction images
>>
>>67866243
Talking about the deleted scenes, has IT been confirmed?
>>
>>67866758
I agree it uses too many big words and make my head hurt too anon.
>>
>>67866818
And even someone who has anime pictures in his reaction images folder has more discerning tastes in movies than you. That must make you feel pretty low, eh?
>>
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>67864690
>batman
>SUPERMAN
>R-rated
But why? If BvS had been a huge success I wonder if we would have entered an edgy grimdark period like comics in the 90s.
>>
>>67866875
Yeah, dude. It's not that it's just a breakdown of why BvS is a tragedy with a hamfisted dovetail into that being a reason why the movie is good, it's that I can't read so good. If only I could read above a second grade level, maybe I'd be embarrassed about the part where the author admits they're a DC fangirl and they were "blown away" by the fact that it turned out that the movie was a tragedy.
>>
>>67866131

It was more that Lex presents a whole bunch of little snippets of motivation that get caught up in the rest of the barrage of metaphor.
>>
File: batman39-var.jpg (151 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
batman39-var.jpg
151 KB, 640x984
>>67867078
>I wonder if we would have entered an edgy grimdark period like comics in the 90s.

We already have. In both comics and movies.
>>
>>67866131
Everyone's motivations are easy to understand. Every character has some blunt and obvious bit of dialogue or monologue that details their motivations.

Don't be tricked into seeing it twice just because people say you need to in order to get the movie. Those people are slow.
>>
>>67864743
kek
>>
>>67864690
GAAAYYYYY

I thought this was from a new Predator movie, not more capetrash

Fuck you for getting my hopes up with this scene that's after doomsday dies but before lex is imprisoned, fag
>>
>>67864690
>Lex is imprisoned
>as he is shaved
>not showing the marks of being mind controlled by Braniac
Oportunity missed
>>
>>67867568

>>I thought this was from a new Predator movie

Liar.
>>
>>67867612

>Mercy was a robot!
>it was brainiac you guys!
>Desaad is controlling Lex!

What am I missing?
>>
The Director's Cut will be amazing.
>>
File: tips.jpg (58 KB, 1275x542) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
58 KB, 1275x542
>>67867339
>>
we destiny now
>>
>>67866818
Kek its so true.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.