[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw ''A streetcar named Marge'', and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: marge2.jpg (14 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
marge2.jpg
14 KB, 300x227
I just saw ''A streetcar named Marge'', and Homer is a piece of shit on this episode, extremely mean with Marge, and he barely redeem himself at the end... Is there other episode where Homer is even worse person?
>>
>>67852699
Cuck.
>>
>>67852699

The Frank Grimes one.
>>
>>67852699
The one where he rapes his kids is pretty fucked up
>>
Yeah the one where he contemplates cheating with Mindy
>>
>>67852719
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67852757
>contemplates
Pro-tip: the scene doesn't actually transition to Homer going back to the same hotel with Marge, he simply imagines Marge's face to make himself feel less guilty about fucking Mindy.
>>
>>67852729
Nope, he had good intentions there...

>>67852757
Well, he was tempted, but he choses Marge in the end.
>>
>>67852699
>2010+6
>still watching the Simpsons
It's Stockholm's Syndrome at this point.
>>
>>67852699
I disagree. While his bad personality traits were exaggerated for the sake of the plot, just like his stupidity was exaggerated in Homer's Enemy, Homer is rarely mean or inconsiderate because of any inherent malice. Rather it's because he's ignorant, impulsive and lazy. He simply doesn't understand how his actions might hurt those around him. However, the other characters usually end up getting through to him, and when they do, he always does his best to rectify the situation.
I actually liked the end of A Streetcar Named Marge, because he ends up seeing himself and Marge in Stanley and Blanche, which is exactly what was needed for him to understand how he's been acting, and how Marge had been feeling.
>>
>>67852808
The episode is from season 4, you idiot.
>>
>>67852794
Pro-tip: they actually mention it in one of the episodes about love in front of the kids, they hardly would if homer was with Mindy that night
>>
>>67854160
Pro-pro-tip: a deleted scene from that episode is Marge saying "I don't remember tha--" before Homer cuts her off
>>
>>67854226
Pro-pro-pro-tip: Deleted scenes don't count. also where is the source?
>>
>>67854263
>also where is the source?
My ass, you idiot.
>>
>>67852729

I dunno why but I really enjoyed Homer there. He was being a piece of shit but seeing it drive Grimes mad was somehow so satisfying.
I dunno why it works do well
>>
Honestly when you live in bumfuck Springfield a nuculear technician like Homer is a great catch
>>
File: shewasababe.jpg (24 KB, 563x497) Image search: [Google]
shewasababe.jpg
24 KB, 563x497
>>67852757
Man, that was a good moment. That scene always stuck with me. The fact that he just bluntly states that they're gonna fuck because his cookie told him they were
>>
>>67852757
What about the one where he actually cheats on marge with a vegas whore?
>>
>>67852699
STELLAAAAAAA!
>>
>>67852699

The Simpsons movie. Arguably the worst Homer but at least Marge breaks up with him
>>
>>67854320
Grimes was jealous of him because he simply got an easy route in life while he worked for everything. But he was also uptight, dull and neurotic and unable to get over it do he freaked out and got himself killed.
>>
>>67854682
He actually gets only worse since that, in some of the new episodes I actually hated him since he's not just stupid but dangerously retarded, like the episode where he makes Bart piss himself in front of full stadium, he punishes him for stuff that's not his fault etc.
>>
I love how you can tell OP is either German or Mexican from the way he types
>>
>>67852699
That's because it's a parody of A Streetcar Named Desire. Have you read A Streetcar Named Desire?
>>
>>67852757

He straight up fucks her
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.