[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STOP, MY INVINCIBLE SON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: pa-kent-death-mos1-650x353.jpg (31 KB, 650x353) Image search: [Google]
pa-kent-death-mos1-650x353.jpg
31 KB, 650x353
STOP, MY INVINCIBLE SON
>>
HALT, MY INDESTRUCTIBLE BOY
>>
Cease and desist, my adamantine offspring.
>>
CEASE PLUNGING BOX OFFICE TAKE
>>
NO SUDDENT MOVEMENTS, MY CELESTIAL OFFSPRING
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 639x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 639x352
>>
>>67852147

STOP, only the dog is worth saving.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
"I get it dad. I should save these human's lives by destroying this fucking city to ground watching them as they die from falling rubble and get their skulls and bodies crushed the fuck in as I a savior among men cause said destruction by killing a man who is also trying to destroy these said people. I finally understand what you mean daddy."
>>
Slow your step, infallible fruit of my loins.
>>
SAVE ME YOU IDIOT!
>>
FIND ME IN THE HIMALAYAS
>>
File: 1458792009346.png (270 KB, 368x435) Image search: [Google]
1458792009346.png
270 KB, 368x435
>>67852147
See this hand? This is the hand I used to give your mother her first shocker. Two in the pink, one in the stink, my indestructible adopted offspring.
>>
INVINCIBLE SON
THE HIMALAYAS
THAT'S THE KEY TO ALL THIS
>>
>>67852147
>cape '''''kinoisseurs''''' will defend this
>>
>>67852147

I PROTEST TO YOUR APROACH, MY WIFE'S SON OF EXTRATERRESTRIAL ORIGIN
>>
>5 beers for the lads, m8
>>
>>67852147
>I GET OFF TO DROWNING HORSES MY INDESTRUCTIBLE SON
>JUST LET ME DIE
>SUICIDE IS THE ONLY WAY OUT FOR A SICK FUCK LIKE ME

I found this moment very deep and compelling.
>>
>>67852147
Actually that scene makes much more sense after watching both MoS and BvS. He knew that everything will turn to shit if his son tried to use his powers to be a hero and even without wanting to, he would do more harm than good in the world.
>>
>>67852986
No, it really doesnt. He could have literally zipped through before anybody saw him, saved the dog, then zipped back.
>>
SAVE ME YOU ALIEN FUCK
>>
>>67853044
You have no idea how fast he was at that point in the timeline. For all you know he could go at a speed where he would be easily seen.
>>
>>67852147
STOP, YOU'VE VIOLATED THE LAW
>>
>>67853089
He could have held himself and his dad to the ground as he ran at normal speed
>>
>>67852147
Kek still every time I laugh
>>
File: 1456683691903.jpg (7 KB, 233x188) Image search: [Google]
1456683691903.jpg
7 KB, 233x188
>>67852905
>>
>>67852147
STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE
BEFORE YOU BREAK MY HEART, MY INDOMITABLE ALIEN SON
>>
MARTHA!
>>
>>67853159
This. The fact that he didn't do that right from the start makes the scene stupid as fuck. Pa Kent hailing for a cab was just the thing that drew the attention of the viewer.
>>
>>67852986
just stop, its over dcfag.
>>
>>67852147
HEIL HITLER!
>>
>>67853274
>can't comment on anything negatively or positively because you automatically become a dcfag or a marveldrone
Can you fuck off with your company wars back to /v/ already?
>>
>>67852911
5 star post.
>>
>>67853089
Even if they could see him, he would be a blur at best.

Fuck the entire thing could have been easily avoided if the young, obviously strong Clark Kent had gone to save stragglers instead of the elderly Pa Kent trying to force being a hero. Nobody could actually see what was going on down on the road from the distance they were act. The entire scene was handled poorly.

Clark shouldn't have even been there.
>>
>>67853289
HEIL SUPERMANSCH!
>>
>>67852147
Just let me die. I'm raising another man AND woman's son. I didn't even get a chance to fuck her alien puss. Better to die a hero than a cuck.
>>
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVES....LET THE WEAK DIE

>PURGE THE PLANET KILL ALL HUMANS
>>
I would prefer it if you paused your current course of action. Although you are of Herculean statue, allowing my life to extinguish before your eyes will educate you on a valuable lesson or something.
>>
>>67853532

Shit man, superman was raised by a cuck.
>>
>>67852147

What's this guy's name again?
>>
>>67853331
i too have always been mystified by brand loyalty on such things
>>
>characters are able to talk and they can see perfectly during a fucking hurricane
ok whatever you say mr. ryder
>>
>>67854704

it's like they don't realise that both companies couldn't give a shit about their fans, they just want your money.
>>
>>67852147
Holy shit, just realized that's Bob Odenkirk.
>>
>>67852147
Rewatched this yesterday.

His mind wasn't invincible, and would not have dealt well with the repercurssions. Only his body was strong, but not invincible, because his strength grew slowly through the years as he was exposed to our sun, but still never invincible.
>>
>>67853044
>>67853159
>>67853259
He wasn't always super strong and super fast, which is communicated through the scene where he saves the oil rig works and gets btfo to the sea, where he remains unconscious for a long time (and which actually happens AFTER this scene, so he was even weaker during the hurricane than during the oil rig rescue).
>>
>>67855062
>He wasn't always super strong and super fast
>in the film he literally pushes a school bus out of the water
>it is implied that he could have killed the kids who were bullying him

And he's always been near invulnerable. Are you trying to imply that he wouldn't have a a much greater chance of saving both the dumb dog and escaping the tornado than a old man? Especially since he was clearly an adult by that scene and presumably learning how to contol and focus his powers throughout his childhood and adolescence? He probably wouldn't have even needed to use his powers, and he definitely wouldn't have broken his fucking leg trying to save the damn dog.
>>
>>67854843
and whats even funnier is that this can be applied to almost everything humans do, yet people get attached to all the things that don't give a fuck about them.
>>
>>67855062
Why are you trying to justify this shit screenplay?
>>
>>67855062
>>67854930
Then why are Zod and the other Kryptonians as strong as Superman the moment they arrive on Earth? They didn't spend years basking in the Earth's sun, or any sun for that matter because they've been searching for the lost Kryptonian outposts and have been on their ship the whole time.
>>
>>67852971

CEASE YOUR APPROACH METAPHORICAL JESUS
>>
>>67855390
he gets pushed to the ground by the bullies after saving the school bus. not invincible

also he's supposed to not be an adult during the hurricane, he still has a whiny voice and bad haircut

pay attention

>>67855530
why are you not paying attention at movies and instead memeing "Mos is shit" in 4chan's kïnno board
>>
>>67855582
did you watch the movie? zod and the other soldiers where genetically engineered and trained from an early age to be stronger, and if they hadn't been stopped they would have become much stronger than Clark, that trained in a farm and was a random product of fucking instead of genetics

still doesn't explain why Jor-el owns Zod like a little bitch at the start
>>
>>67855623
He LETS them push him. Right afterwards he says to his dad that he wanted to hit them, and his dad says he almost agreed, with thd implication being that had he let his son hit them, they probably would get hurt pretty badly.

You can literally see the part of the fence Clark crushed with one hand trying to hold back his anger.
>>
>>67855582
also zod only starts getting stronger when his helmet gets broken, before that is mostly technologically superior ships and humans cooperating

Lois lane fucking dodges a punch from Zaora in her ship, imagine that happening when they reach earth.
>>
What's wrong with this scene again?
>>
>>67855779
STOP
>>
>>67855685

Jor-el must have changed his own body, he was not a soldier, but he was a scientist trying to break free of the role assigned to him at birth, and he got lucky that Zod did not really see him as a warrior.
>>
>>67855623
And none of what you said discounts the fact that letting an old man run into a tornado to save a dog instead of the superpowered alien son he had, who probably wouldn't have even needed his powers to save it, was fucking shitty writing. The dad had to die in order to progress Clark's character, and they killed him in the stupidest way possible.
>>
>>67855796
MY
>>
>>67855723
>He LETS them push him
the rest of what you said is true, but this maybe or maybe not.

Most of the complaints is people weren't paying attention and assumed that he always had all his powers, which the movie goes out of its way to show it's a very slow progression throughout the years (the first time he flies is when he gets the suit, and it even starts with jumping and his father telling him to challenge the limits he believed he had), and even during the fights he's struggling with superior powers and being overwhelmed, which is why he ultimately kills Zod (another inevitable and correct choice, well explained)
>>
File: 1459732183828.gif (2 MB, 241x268) Image search: [Google]
1459732183828.gif
2 MB, 241x268
>>67852344

I dont mind all the destruction, it made the movie more realistic and fun, whats the point of having godlike powers if they cant fight at full force.

Too many people were bitching about how a true super man movie would never allow civillians being killed or supes destroying buildings in a fight, but honestly do they want to watch a super hero movie or a mary sue movie, where everthing superman does is perfect down to the last detail?
>>
STOP INVINCIBLE WOMAN, I MUST BE THE ONE TO CARRY THE KRYPTONITE SPEAR WHICH COULD KILL ME
>>
>>67855828
i already said it, the weakest part of clark was his mind, not dealing well with being shunned by literally everyone else on the planet that saw his powers (instead of based fat ginger ex-bully), and his father knew this happen again and again throughout clark's growth, so he was protecting his son.

Also the father had no way of knowing if his son was truly invincible (just that he was abnormaly strong) and was not willing to risk testing that to find out.
>>
>>67855961
>Too many people were bitching about how a true super man movie would never allow civillians being killed or supes destroying buildings in a fight, but honestly do they want to watch a super hero movie or a mary sue movie, where everthing superman does is perfect down to the last detail?

This. The great part about this movie is they manage to make Superman vulnerable, both from struggling to save all the people and actually getting physically beat by superior forces, and that has always been how you tell good superman stories (comics or movies), by making a super strong man deal with problems stronger than him or that he can't defeat with his regular use of powers.

Also the destruction scenes are amazingly directed ecksdee
>>
HOL UP, MY IMMORTAL DESCENDANT
>>
>>67855865
>movie goes out of its way to show it's a very slow progression throughout the years
But the movie doesn't do that. There are like 3 scenes of him in his childhood and only one has something resembling him learning to use his powers - the one where he locks himself in the closet.

We never get to see him learn how to control his strength. We never get to see him learn how to use his heat vision. We never get to see a scene in his childhood that displays his invulnerability. We never see anything. The film probably would have been a thousand times more interesting than it was if we did see this shit.

And even if your argument was solid and he really didn't have his powers fully controlled, his father's death scene was still fucking stupid. His cells absorb the suns rays and make him invulnerable, so he wouldn't have broken his leg saving the damn dog, and he wouldn't have died.

Fuck, the fact that Pa Kent puts his hand up to stop Clark from saving him clearly shows that he had the ability to do so.
>>
>>67852147
Why did he ride the tornado up a mountain ? Holy shit dont tell me his Red Tornado
>>
>>67856246
>His cells absorb the suns rays and make him invulnerable, so he wouldn't have broken his leg saving the damn dog, and he wouldn't have died.

He doesn't know this at the time, we find this in the present when he get's the the ancient ship in the ice.

>We never get to see a scene in his childhood that displays his invulnerability.
Now you're starting to agree with me. Exactly, because he's 1) not invincible as a child 2) never actually invincible at any point

>Fuck, the fact that Pa Kent puts his hand up to stop Clark from saving him clearly shows that he had the ability to do so.

Might not have the ability to save him, but he would definitely try. Thus being shunned and possibly killed by the rest of the world.

>The film probably would have been a thousand times more interesting than it was if we did see this shit.
Maybe, but pacing. Also you can infer stuff from seeing him slowly get stronger.

Most of the complaints are just societal memes. What makes or breaks a movie is memes. Mos is not better than Avengers, Deadpool is not better than Green Lantern. It's all memed that way.
>>
>>67856320
Shiiieeet
He let the tornado absorb him to get its power. He knew he would have to try and kill his immortal son one day. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>67856446
He is invincible as a child. He has to be. Unless there is no sunlight in Smallville. If not invincible, then more than strong enough to keep his leg from being broken by that age.

Look, you've got a son who is super stong, super fast, and more than capable of saving a dog from a car. Why would you send him away and do it yourself. I mean, if Clark had looked younger in thst scene, I could maybe buy that Pa was worried about thd limits of his abilities. But with Henry fucking Cavill there, it's just comes off as retarded.
>>
>What was I supposed to do? Just let them die?
>Maybe...

In the end he listened to his father and let the citizens of Metropolis die. BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>67856618
>He is invincible as a child. He has to be.
How would he know this? Did he read the script? Also he's not

>Super fast
When was he super fast in the prev scenes? He was not. By that point, all we know is he just pushes a bus out of the water, grabs that fence post real hard, and looks at girl's lungs to get a super erection. That's it

>But with Henry fucking Cavill there, it's just comes off as retarded.
I'll give you that. Still supposed to be teen clark though as evidenced by acting, hairstyle and arguing with parents (about that very specific topic of coming out)
>>
>>67856889
BROKEN*
P
O
T
T
E
R
Y

*metropolis was destroyed, and with it, the pottery
>>
>>67856889
If you look closely, there's a commonly missed easter egg where he actually saves everyone he can, and also the whole planet
>>
STOP EVER RECEDING HAIRLINE
>>
File: 1459734570774.jpg (4 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1459734570774.jpg
4 KB, 125x124
>This thread
>>
>>67855992
But who in the world would let a 60 year old man go back for the dog instead of a fit 18 year old?
>>
>>67857201
sacrifice for your family is a theme in these movies. that's just what fathers do
>>
>>67857201
Who in the fucking world would let anyone go back for a dog?
>>
Was this Krypto the Superdogs origin story?
>>
>>67855961
source of the gif please
the mask looks cool
>>
>>67858179
This is a good criticism. Maybe he thought he could make it and didn't know he'd actually die.

Damn papa kent for not reading the script
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.