[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone care for an Avatar 2 anymore? I sure don't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Avatar2.png (806 KB, 692x721) Image search: [Google]
806 KB, 692x721
Does anyone care for an Avatar 2 anymore? I sure don't.

I would prefer to see Cameron spend his time making other sorts of movies instead of wasting so much pre production time on this.
>>
I don't give a shit. Everyone already forgot about it
>>
0/10 you're just butthurt
>>
>>67846574
Didn't Jim want to make Battle Angel Alita?

That'd be something I'd watch. I wouldn't even get up to pirate Avatar 2.
>>
Literally couldn't give less of a shit. Honestly I don't think that's even being pretentious, I doubt most people would give a shit about Avatar anymore.
>>
>>67846618
He already gave it to Robert Rodriguez.
>>
>>67846574
No, not even a little
>>
>>67846574
>that's what butthurt haters actually believe
cry more
>>
>>67846618
Yeah what the hell can they do in a sequel? Worthington won't have any screen time now cos he died and his soul was reincarnated into an Avatar at end of first one
>>
>>67846592
Yeah exactly! Irony that the highest budget box office film ever has been forgotten.
>>
>>67846627
Yeah this movie won't do well at box office especially if it is made around the time of star wars episode 8
>>
>>67846595
Cry more
>>
Oh yea, thats a thing.
>make simple movie that stands on its own legs
>conclude story
>makes money
>make a sequel that has no point being made
>first movie is now sullied for being the means of a cash grab
Were still doing this?
>>
File: images (25).jpg (39 KB, 323x456) Image search: [Google]
images (25).jpg
39 KB, 323x456
>>67846746
Exactly like pic related
>>
File: wqw8650md7t5kbt3t7b0.jpg (53 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
wqw8650md7t5kbt3t7b0.jpg
53 KB, 800x450
>>67846746
Yes this is what Hollywood does. Hollywod loves basic movies with a basic plot.

Unlike Based Snyder who is a genius at movie making. One of the only directors in the business that directs with kino at heart
>>
File: 441.jpg (28 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
441.jpg
28 KB, 300x400
>>67846746
Apparently Liam Neeson hated working on the other movies, but they paid enough to keep him on.
>>
>>67846799
I just realized I havent seen this, does it do anything worth seeing or is it just a cash grab?
>>
>>67846574
I think Avatar 2 will be good. It seems like Cameron didn't want to do it unless he had a good idea. If he were just gonna milk it, there would have been more merchandise, there would have been cartoons, there would have been sequels much sooner.

Also, expectations on it are pretty low.

So hopefully, Cameron has a good idea with Avatar 2, hopefully he has something new, and hopefully it blows us all off our asses.
>>
>>67846870
Nah, the mermaid and pirate lady are sexy though so try it out. It's more lighthearted than World's End.
>>
>>67846870
I havent seen it either topkek. Since Orlando wasnt in it I wasnt interested
>>
Avatar is awesome. Remarkable creation of an alien world, and wise choice of a tried-and-true story that was easy to relate to. If James really has passion to do more with Avatar I'm all for it.
>>
File: tmp_757-YOU TRIED-107659270.jpg (63 KB, 577x364) Image search: [Google]
tmp_757-YOU TRIED-107659270.jpg
63 KB, 577x364
>>67846574
>I'll remind you,anon.
>>
Remember when Sam Worthington was in everything for a bit there?

That was weird
>>
I still watch Avatar atleast once a month and I can't wait for the sequel
>>
>>67846574

No one gives a damn about Avaturd.

It made billions of dollars and had no social impact. The entire film rode on the popularity wave of the 3D gimmick. Story wise it's actually a terrible movie.
>>
The fact that they're using Sam Worthington again ruins it, they could've just gotten another main character but no
>>
>>67847115
>Story wise it's actually a terrible movie.
There's nothing wrong with the story. The fact that it's an old story doesn't make it a bad one. All I can do is shrug if you think that perhaps it was badly told. Certainly my favorite version of it.
>>
>>67847208
I agree. It's a timeless story told with stunning visual effects and a great world with tons of lore you can sink into
>>
>>67847368
YES and Cameron told and made it! NO reason to make a sequel
>>
>>67846746
hey...guess what. They aren't just making 1 sequel. They are making three! And are all being filmed one after another! Great...
>>
>>67847368
YES and Cameron told and made it! NO reason to make a sequel
>>
File: images (14).jpg (27 KB, 314x469) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
27 KB, 314x469
>>67847689
>Avatar 2, 3, 4
>All in pre production
ABSOLUTELY INSANE!
>>
>>67847689
>I told Cameron he should not only make 2 Avatar films but 4 and he went ahead with it. The absolute madman
>>
>>67847581
He used that story as an easily digestible introduction to an incredibly well realized alien world. There's plenty more that can be done with Pandora.
>>
I would see it, just to have seen it. I fucking hope it will be great
>>
>>67848039
you can destroy it, for one
that's the most interesting option
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.