[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ehhhhhh not quite my tempo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: whiplash_69913.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
whiplash_69913.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
Ehhhhhh not quite my tempo
>>
reddit memes
>>
>>67844845
Top 3 of 2015:

Whiplash
Birdman
Sicario
>>
File: demolish you.gif (913 KB, 500x195) Image search: [Google]
demolish you.gif
913 KB, 500x195
>>67844925
>>
Worst best picture nominee of 2014, the fact that this was nominated and Gone Girl wasn't is insulting.
>>
Do you even know what tempo fucking is you fucking phony actor that ruins the movie?
The worst part is people actually pretend to prefer this garbage over masterpieces like Birdman
>>
>>67845020
It was okay, but it's not a movie to be upset about.
>>
File: banefb.png (234 KB, 377x493) Image search: [Google]
banefb.png
234 KB, 377x493
>>67844845
Ehhhhhh not quite my flightplan
>>
File: cave johnson.png (180 KB, 310x439) Image search: [Google]
cave johnson.png
180 KB, 310x439
>>67844845
Not my tempo, Test Subject.
>>
Bad movie (i.e. writing, characterisation (of everyone but Simmons), dialogue etc.) but excellent acting and editing and cinematography. Found myself gritting my teeth through all of the practice scenes because they felt so intense.
>>
File: stanford pines.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stanford pines.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
Not quite my journals.
>>
>>67845049
Since that dude studied musical theater, he prolly does
>>
>>67845049
Lmao Miles Teller has been a drummer for most of his life
>>
File: whiplash_u_are_just_my_tempo_;).jpg (60 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
whiplash_u_are_just_my_tempo_;).jpg
60 KB, 1024x735
I spend a decent enough time with a number of my musician friends while constantly trying to listen to new music. That doesn't make me some kind of authority on tempo, but my life seems to be surrounded by music and its analysis. I think my ears are quite sensitive to subtle changes in volume, tone, pitch, rhythm, etc. For me personally, I couldn't hear any difference in Neiman's tempo. Though you have to remember that when Fletcher was correcting him, Neiman would only continue playing for a second or two before being interrupted again. So there was a very short amount of time to really analyze whether or not Neiman was dragging/rushing, let alone how his personal tempo compared to Fletcher's ideal. I just watched the movie a few days ago, by the way. If I had to say one or the other, I think Fletcher was lying to Neiman on purpose. Fletcher had to plant the seed of doubt within Neiman in order for him to grow into a better musician.
>>
>>67844845

You do realize that he was a talentless hack who was all ego with nothing to back it up, right? All he wanted was to be the person who discovered someone great so he could ride on their coattails and be known as "the guy who created the legend". With every chair he threw he was probably thinking "fuck yeah, this is going to make a GREAT story when this kid I'm throwing the chair at becomes famous haha I'll be in liner notes!!!"

The director tried to make him appear to be some musical savant but his piano playing at the jazz club was laughable and horseshit. I think there's some deeper meaning where a person is recognized more for their ego instead of their actual talent.
>>
>>67847412

He wanted to find his match, someone that he could push without breaking, who would become great through adversity. Every great person had a mentor or teacher that helped him. Genius doesn't exist in a vacuum.
>>
>>67847540

tell me how his drum solo at the end of the film was a product or byproduct of his teacher and instead not the result of his own raw talent
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.