[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (79 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
79 KB, 720x1080
What do you guys think of this?
>>
>>67837877
fantastic movie.
>>
One of the most singular cinema experiences you could hope to have
>>
Why didn't Kamehameha just give Evans the yakuza?
>>
>>67839002
what does 'singular' mean in that sentence?
>>
Is there a torrent out now?
>>
>>67840665
Yes, but it can only be played in a movie theater
>>
>>67840708
Lovely. Eat shit, fag
>>
>>67840766
*parp*
>>
Amazing.
>>
>>67840843
lmao
>>
>third-world island oogey boogey
>a chest like that
Get the fuck out. All tribal folk are sticks.
>>
>>67837877
>black and white in 2016

justify this
>>
>>67841819
Freedom of artistic choice. Wew, that was hard
>>
>>67841819

There's an interview with the director in Cineaste (if i remember correctly, but google it) where he talks about it at length if you need an explanation.

In very short he says the black and white makes clear the connection between everything (the amazon and the humans mostly) because they are all rendered in the same tones rather than different colors.
>>
I think it's, for the most part, a well shot movie and interesting material (especially the way it ties it together with the real photos at the end. it reminded me in a way of Waltz with Bashir). That said, I think it feels a bit too modern maybe, the way it's shot (steadycam, helicopter shots) and the ending is straight out of [spoilers] Enter the Void [/spoilers].

It's a nice movie to watch but I feel too far away culturally to truly understand it (originally from eastern europe, currently in the uk). I watched it with a couple of friends from south america though and I believe they got more out of it, especially one guy from the dominican republic where the Spanish managed to fully wipe out the indigenous population.

It's definitely interesting as a conversation starter, but not great as a movie on its own.
>>
>>67837877
Is it "le noble savage" type of shit?
>>
>>67841819
It has a certain look and brigns a certain tone that cant be done when working in color. For instance, Noir movies in general just dont work without all those harsh shadows and light focusing on shit, it just looks stupid in color. Use what makes the movie better, not what happens to be the most modern tools.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.