[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Is it good?
>>
File: 1453593884212.jpg (149 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1453593884212.jpg
149 KB, 1920x800
>>67827117
Yes, instant classic
>>
>>67827204
Was that his plan the whole time?
>>
File: 1459632796378.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1459632796378.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>67827204
>>
>>67827117
Patrician Tier
>>
Anyone know of a good torrent?
>>
File: screenshotonatrain.jpg (165 KB, 1596x856) Image search: [Google]
screenshotonatrain.jpg
165 KB, 1596x856
Lets play that game where we post screenshots and guess what movie they're from!
>>
muh pelts
>>
nobody even remembers it
>>
>>67827442
>muh pelts

Pretty much 98% of the movie. Still a very movie good imo
>>
>>67827346
The Revenant 2015 1080p WEB-DL x264 AC3-JYK
>>
It's a movie for plebs that think they have taste

If you're an iMDB goon you're gonna love this one
>>
>>67827117
It's not very deep, it's just a very well shot, beautifully composed survival thriller film.

Leo's perfomance wasn't that amazing though to be honest, I thought he did better in Django Unchained.
>>
>>67827691
>I didnt get it, must be for plebs
>>
>>67827286
sauce? wtf happened
>>
The Revenant is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Birdman, Iñárritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of arthouse. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Iñárritu is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to the ends of the Earth in search of a better shot, the Mexican counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.
>>
>>67827402
Warriors

cool movie
>>
>>67827117

HNNNNNNNGRRRRRRRRRRRHGH
>>
>>67827818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4YdbFwlYLo
>>
>>67827691
>director hires a meteorologist to film one scene with a meteor
>actor actually eats raw meat
>movie is for plebs
*scratches neckbeard
>>
>>67829247
>the problematic production makes it a good movie.
This movie is not heaven's gate or apocalypse now tier of problems and neither is close to be a good movie.
Sacrifice an amazing story of survival and forgiveness(hugh IRL forgave fitzerald and there wasn't any son) to a shitty revenge film with your favorite tarkovsky shots and the last scene of memories of murder.
>>
>>67827810
>it's deep guys, i swear
Go watch Sokurov, pleb
>>
Overlong and inaccurate and the ending shot is fucking retarded

6/10 I'd recommend seeing it once
>>
>>67827740
This desu.
90% of the time, he just grunts and crawls around on the ground.
Great looking movie though
>>
>>67829247

>meteorologist studies meteors

large lel
>>
>>67827117
is it better than h8ful 8
>>
>>67829809
Did you even see the movie?
>>
>>67827117
The Revenant?
More like The Irrelevant lmao
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.