[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your favorite quip?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Age of Ultron.jpg (183 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
Age of Ultron.jpg
183 KB, 300x444
What was your favorite quip?
>>
You better not be playing hide the Zucchini
>>
No swearing Cap :^))
>>
>>67820903
my favorite quip was "OP is a fag"
honestly, I'm surprised that made it into a movie in this day and age
>>
objectively Hawkeye's line to Olsen

something along the lines of ''We're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow, none of this makes any sense''
>>
>>67821274
This

The one time it was self aware enough to show how stupid these movies are and that they are just for fun
>>
>>67820903
Why don't you pick on someone your own size.

-Antman
>>
File: 1459342384059.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459342384059.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
Hey can someone tell me why people are using the word "quip" like its a negative? Quip literally means witty, intelligent dialogue.

I think it shows how desperate DCucks are that the best "insult" they can think of is actually unintentional praise.

>HAHA YOUR MOVIE HAS WITTY AND AMUSING DIALOGUE!!!!!

Uh - thanks Your **********insults******** make as much sense as the plot and characterisation in BvS does - that is, none at all. I'd rate your attempt at presenting an anti-marvel narrative at about 29 out a 100 - familiar number to you DCucks, I gather.
>>
I don't remember a single thing about this movie other than that Linda Cardellini was in it for a few scenes
>>
>Stark: Aww junior, you're gonna break your old man's heart
>Thor: You don't have to break anything
>Ultron: Clearly you've never made an omelette
>>
someone post the webm of Black widow getting GREENED
>>
>>67821380
quips have their place but every marvel movie has every other line as a quip and it becomes tedious
>>
>>67821380
You don't make pithy one-liners when your life is in danger. This is why the MCU has no stakes or tension.
>>
>>67821380
nice quipping
>>
all the lines spoken by the quiptoaster
quipsilver's final quip was nice and quippy too
>>
>>67821380
it's because most of them are new
they don't know the correct term we've used here for years is "reddit humor"
>>
>>67821380
Marvel movies have replaced any semblance of clever dialogue with quips, for God's sake even Quicksilver found time to quip while fucking dying.
>>
>>67821504

The lack of quips posted in this meme thread proves how overblown that statement is.
And although >>67821380 is clearly bait, he's also right. Using the word "quip" as if it is legitmate criticism to anything is just the most unimaginive insult to a movie you can give. You literally have nothing else to complain about so your only criticism is that the characters have too many witty remarks?
>>
File: TWO NINE.jpg (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
TWO NINE.jpg
20 KB, 200x200
>>67821380
>familiar number to you DCucks, I gather
Top kek, as they say
>>
File: dcuck 26-03-2016.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
dcuck 26-03-2016.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67821380
S-SHUT UP YOU FUCKING MARVEL KEK!!!! THE DARK KNIGHT RISES IS STILL THE BEST CAPEKINO OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!!!! WHO CARES IF IT WAS 8 YEARS AGO AND DC HASN'T MADE A GOOD FILM SINCE
>>
>>67821606
>You don't make pithy one-liners when your life is in danger.
Maybe you're just a pussy, desu
>>
>>67821380
>Hey can someone tell me why people are using the word "quip" like its a negative? Quip literally means witty, intelligent dialogue.
Because not everyone is witty that much of the time. Some quips mean naturalistic dialogue, too many make it seem like the writer is trying too hard. That's what Whedon sometimes errs on the side of.
>>
>>67821896
>21 / 3 / 18 / 1
>>
>>67821606
>You don't make pithy one-liners when your life is in danger.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallows_humor

Gallows humor has been described as a witticism in response to a hopeless situation.[3] It arises from stressful, traumatic, or life-threatening situations, often in circumstances such that death is perceived as impending and unavoidable.

>Murderer James French has been attributed with famous last words before his death by electric chair: "How's this for a headline? 'French Fries'."

>Ronald Reagan, upon being transported to the emergency room after being shot by John Hinckley, Jr., is reported to have said to his doctors, "I hope you're all Republicans"
>>
>>67821896
no
>>
this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnOZ1FL7xEw
>>
>>67822046

Thank you
I was thinking I was taking crazy pills
>>
>>67821470
Beat me by one second, I swear my man XD
>>
>>67821274
This one
>>
When vision picked up the hammer
>>
I don't see how this is a thread.
>>
File: 1436512386418.jpg (260 KB, 540x809) Image search: [Google]
1436512386418.jpg
260 KB, 540x809
>"age" of ultron
>lasts like a weekend or something
>>
>>67821380
*quips fedora*
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.