[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Directors who peaked too early and have been downhill ever since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
ITT: Directors who peaked too early and have been downhill ever since
>>
File: the master poster.jpg (245 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
the master poster.jpg
245 KB, 450x675
You start. The Master may be his best film, and Inherent Vice is certainly his most fun.
>>
>>67820864
Magnolia is his best film. Boogie Nights was the most fun. Both two of his earliest films.
>>
>>67820899

Just because he once said that Magnolia was, for better or worse, the best film he'd ever make doesn't mean you have to think it is.

It didn't age well at all.
>>
How can anyone compare to Blomkamp in current directors?

He directed one good flick and everything else is heavy-handed trash. He peaked after the credits rolled on D9
>>
>>67820808
>M. Night Streetshitter
>Neil Blumpkin
>>
File: moore boogie.png (286 KB, 660x372) Image search: [Google]
moore boogie.png
286 KB, 660x372
>>67820899
I mean, i respect that, theyre both great films too. Just think he's still one of the best working.
>>
Tim Burton. Peaked at Ed Wood
>>
>>
File: georgelucasyoung.jpg (42 KB, 402x500) Image search: [Google]
georgelucasyoung.jpg
42 KB, 402x500
>>
File: andrew niccol.jpg (53 KB, 496x332) Image search: [Google]
andrew niccol.jpg
53 KB, 496x332
Jesus, direct one good movie and just went to shit.
>>
>>67820808
penis
>>
>>67821121
lord of war was great, though
>>
>>67821121
Lord of War wasn't bad.
>>
>>67821121
Lord of War was cool. Other than that ehh

>Anon
>>
>>67820899
no
>>
>>67820808
Malick
Tarantino
Spielberg
Coens
Wachowskis
>>
>>67821415
>Malick

He just made his best film.
>>
>>67821491
Incorrect, plebeian shill.
>>
>>67821548
>shill

This, fucking tired of Malick taking time out of birdwatching to pay people to post on /tv/.
>>
File: Shining.gif (358 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
Shining.gif
358 KB, 500x366
>>67820808

I'm a genre fan. Had high hopes for these boys after their first films:

Neil Marshall (could've been the next John Carpenter)

Alexandre Aja

Richard Kelly
>>
File: ack ack ack.jpg (114 KB, 600x247) Image search: [Google]
ack ack ack.jpg
114 KB, 600x247
>>67821033
>ack ack ack ack ack ack ack
ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK !
>>
>>67822333
Pee Wee to Ed Wood are all exceptional. This is where it falls apart. Hey, I love Mars Attacks...just like I love Southland Tales, but they are both complete messes (why I love them).
>>
I think PTA has gotten better in some regards - imo he's been getting better performances out of his actors in his later films. The Master was one of the best acted movies I've seen in a while (though obviously a large part of that is due to the actors themselves).
>>
File: Just_Trash.jpg (67 KB, 567x871) Image search: [Google]
Just_Trash.jpg
67 KB, 567x871
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.