[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, watching things like being human US/UK, Vampire Diaries and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: beinhuman__140225213531.jpg (69 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
beinhuman__140225213531.jpg
69 KB, 640x320
So, watching things like being human US/UK, Vampire Diaries and Buffy/Angel as well as other shows, I'm kind of mind blown by the distorted morality neither the writers or the viewers seem to have no problem with.
This isn't an issue with villain, they're evil and they love it, they murder people, fine. Good for them
But Jesus Chirst, these shows are actually portraying serial killers and mass murderers and expecting us to like them and root for them, and people do it!
Damon gets angry and slaughters someone, woops he did it again! No matter, he'll be forgiven in an episode or two, he's a good guy at heart!
Aidan kills another girl, well dammit he feels bad about it now so lets move past it. I'm sure he won't do it again!
And Spike, he's so likeable, what does it matter that he slaughtered half of Europe, Xander is such an asshole for calling buffy on that.
This is shit, consequence-free writing. Why are people letting it slide?
>>
What, you think it's unrealistic? Have you seen the world we live in?
>>
>>67815973
>Why are people letting it slide?
Murder is ok if pretty people do it.
>>
>>67816083
>Murder is ok if pretty people do it

It's not that simple. They also have to say they're sorry afterwards
>>
>>67815973
It's because women are fucked up. They find evil sexy, some women even find being abused arousing.
>>
File: Faces of Death.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
Faces of Death.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
>>67815973
You have to put your past behind you, OP.
>>
>>67816251
how can you stay mad at damon? sure, he creates a double digit body count every time he has a temper tantrum, but those eyes man...
>>
File: Smug Klaus.png (384 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Smug Klaus.png
384 KB, 640x400
>>67816619
>tfw will kill every gook who comes to New Orleans but will guard muh baby daughter with my life.

Seriously though, if you're Asian or pretty much anything that's not either black or white and you appear in the VDverse, you die.
>>
File: bath.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bath.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>67816619
Isn't it just so sexy when he murders his girlfriends? Or so sexy when he betrays his best friends and blood relatives?
>>
>>67817025
>mfw Elena forgives him in a few eps after he snaps her brother's neck

strong independent womyn
>>
>>67815973
Angel definitely had morality. Tvd stole from Angel and it definitely does not have morality. For a few years now I've been hoping a hunter just rolls through and kills them all. Klaus at least brings . Security to his environment.it's clear vampires on originals have rules about feeding so it depends but Klaus is much better than he used to be.
>>
>>67815973
Another problem with these shows; no major character dies forever. Vampire Diaries is the worst example; a character can easily die and be revived four or five times but it will be played out for dramatic effect every time.

It's like they want to be George R.R. Martin but "muh status quo".
>>
>TV is real life
>>
>>67817487
>defending bad writing with "it's just fiction"
>>
>>67817389
That's a nothe hilarious thing where vampire unters are always portrayed as crazy zealots who are in the wrong about nice vampires even thought they're completely right.

in True Blood, the people who are prejudiced against vampires are shown as ignorant rednecks with narrow minds-meanwhile, vampires are cold blooded unstoppable killing machines and most of them think of people as nothing but food. nice homosexuality parallel Mr, Ball, that is if gays were serial killers with super-powers
>>
>>67815973
you have a point
>>
>>67816249
Yeah...sorry
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.