[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Scenes that made you say, "this was worth going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: tropic-thunder.jpg (74 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
tropic-thunder.jpg
74 KB, 1200x800
ITT: Scenes that made you say, "this was worth going to the theater for"
https://youtu.be/Odd8Zdhuj9o
>>
File: tfa.jpg (18 KB, 1152x480) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
18 KB, 1152x480
Best part of the movie.

No cheering, no clapping, just utter silence followed by the logo and the theme blaring.

People who waited for the rip instead of going to see it will never experience a moment this hype-inducing.
>>
>>67810991
>that font
>>
>>67810991
Lucky. As soon as that part came on my theater gave a standing ovation for the duration of the title crawl. I wish I was joking.
>>
>>67810991
Shit was loud as fuck in my theatre. I mean unbearably loud, looking around pretty much everybody had their hanss over their ears, myself included, waiting for them to turn it down but they never did and everyone just kind of had to suffer through. It was kind of funny actually
>>
File: Office erin don't get it.gif (938 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
Office erin don't get it.gif
938 KB, 500x266
>>67810874

I've seen Tropic Thunder twice, once in theaters, again on DVD at home.

I don't get it.

Is this funny because it's Tom Cruise in a fat, hairy jew suit?

Is this funny because he's being "Hollywood agent" tough to a group of legitimately scary jungle warriors?
>>
>>67811054
Did they at the end? Did you hear a noticeable letdown?
>>
>>67811263
It's not funny. He is a huge faggot as usual.
>>
>>67811286
About every ten minutes the movie would get wild cheers and applause. In the end there was another standing ovation. There was no decrease in energy throughout the whole film, maybe even an increase.

From my point of view the movie turned out to be what I envisioned beforehand as the worst possible route that the directors could take. I came in with no expectations and was still blown away with disappointment, but the "star-wars fans" really ate it up.
>>
>>67811727

When I saw it people were clapping and cheering every time something/someone from the old trilogy showed up. The millenium falcon, Han and Chewie, Leia and the bots, Darth's helmet, etc.
>>
>>67811727
>>67811891
You're both liars.
>>
>>67812035
I wish I could lie about this. The audience reaction made the movie even more detestable than it already was. This is the American theater experience.

When I went to see Godzilla, the theater gave a standing ovation when Godzilla killed the big bug thing with fire breath.
>>
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mILK0s1lMnY

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbh92cfwCkE
>>
>>67810874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihd_uzrX2Bw
>>
>>67810874
>going to the theater

People still do that? Just stream that shit on your phone dude. lol
>>
File: 1442764099498.png (1 MB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
1442764099498.png
1 MB, 1240x826
>>67812568
this
pic related is me, though I always watch those early leaked theater recordings, the quality is fine.
>>
>>67812507
i agree, that was a wonderful scene, i really like the Requiem for Soprano music aswell
>>
>>67812147
Jesus Christ really? People clap and shot here but usually only at capeshit within the first couple weeks
>>
File: 1432349265124.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
1432349265124.png
231 KB, 304x366
>>67810874
the end of hateful eight and the scene where they are putting up the posts

it was only afterwards that i realized that both these parts have the original The Thing soundtrack and that's a lot of why i like those parts
>>
>>67810991

this desu senpai

if you didn't see TFA in theaters you literally missed the entire point of star wars.
>>
File: mad_max.jpg (54 KB, 630x255) Image search: [Google]
mad_max.jpg
54 KB, 630x255
I would've been pretty pissed if I watched this on my 23" monitor with headphones on.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.