[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie scenes you choose to pretend never happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1247x520) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1247x520
Movie scenes you choose to pretend never happened
>>
>>67809975

In LotR: Return of the King

When Legolas just surfs on a giant elephant while shooting arrows at automatic like speed.

Also the ghost army was kinda shit too.
>>
>>67810066
Ghost army was stupid. Should have extended their stay and BTFO out of Sauron's army first before releasing them. Thinking about it makes my head hurt like crap.
>>
File: 4537.gif (492 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
4537.gif
492 KB, 500x254
>>67810066

A glimpse of PJ's future flans for Middle Earth
>>
>>67810125
Not keeping oaths is what made them ghosts in the first place. Aragorn promised to release them after the battle so he did.
>>
>>67810184
He should have made a better oath then "release after Sauron cuck etc etc"
>>
>>67810125
>>67810270

Their oath was to aid Isuldur, they didn't have any obligation to fight an entire war for Aragorn. The book's different in that the ghost army operates more like a Black Ops group and they take out the Corsairs for Aragorn and then Aragorn takes the fleet and the Corsair slaves becomes his army.

I always pictured them much more like this when i read the book: https://youtu.be/OjJuZCECRu4
>>
>>67810356
That's such a great scene.

The best scenes are often the buildup to a battle, rather than the battle itself. The scenes that raise the tension and build hype, rather than the actual payoff.

Like the charge of the Rohirrim at Pelennor Fields. That scene is 5 minutes of buildup, but then only 30 seconds of actual fighting before it cuts away to Denethor.
Compare that to the Hobbit, whose battles have very little buildup in comparison to their action.

You could also say the same about TFA. The buildup and hype when the X-Wings are approaching over the lake is 10 times more memorable than anything in that non-stop action clusterfuck with the X-Wings at Star Killer Base during the final act.
>>
>>67810356
But they were bound by the oath correct? If Aragorn didnt release them what would happen?
>>
>>67810511

He would have been a shitty and dishonorable king and all manner of bad things would have happened.
>>
File: The_Mouth_of_Sauron.jpg (47 KB, 592x360) Image search: [Google]
The_Mouth_of_Sauron.jpg
47 KB, 592x360
>>67810548
pls
>>
File: 1454496180162.jpg (79 KB, 675x960) Image search: [Google]
1454496180162.jpg
79 KB, 675x960
>>67809975
>mfw Hand Solo was able to use the force in his dealings with shooting, gambling, smuggling and flying too

He was a gun force user
>>
>>67809975
Why did they make Ford do actiony shit? I felt like he was going to break a hip any moment.
>>
File: tdkr death lol.gif (1000 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
tdkr death lol.gif
1000 KB, 500x207
>>67809975
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.