[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is someone with an american accent doing in post-apocalyptic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 495x297
what is someone with an american accent doing in post-apocalyptic australia?
>>
we occasionally get seppos here, too. tourists, mostly. looking for crocodiles so they can take a picture of it, although occasionally the cunts somehow wind up as the head of Telstra.
>>
Should she sound Sef Affriken?
>>
>>67799199

If I remember my lore correctly, Mad Max is set in the seabed of the Pacific Ocean after nuclear war defies the laws of science and dries up all the earth's surface water.

The real question ought to be, "where are all the asians and polynesians"?
>>
>>67799744
shouldn't the real question be "how can everyone breathe?" Without all the plankton in the ocean putting oxygen in the atmosphere we effectively have nothing to breathe.

Gas would be the least of their problems.
>>
>>67799199
You know there's American's living in England, Europe, and Australia right? Fuck even some of them show up in Japan on tv. It's not surprising at least one could show up in a post apocalyptic Australia.
>>
>>67799891

That's a totally valid point. Like I said, the laws of science were put on hold for the sake of the aesthetic.
>>
>>67799199
A better question would be how did a movie with two gay actors playing the leads not flop.
>>
>>67799891
The nukes caused massive holes in the ozone layer which allowed oxygen from other planets to flow freely into our atmosphere
>>
File: 1200x-1.jpg (234 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
1200x-1.jpg
234 KB, 1200x799
>>67799199
Personally I'm more worried about the russian gang
>>
>>67799199
>South African
>American accent
lawlz
>>
>>67799975
Made me chuckle/10
>>
Furiosa was clearly born after the end of the world. Max was a cop before the bombs fell, yet they're about the same age.

Has Max discovered the fountain of youth?
>>
>>67800021
>I’d always spoken Afrikaans at home and my English was actually very bad; the reason I have an American accent is because in fact I learned to speak English properly in the US

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/an-evening-with-charlize/
>>
>>67800021
Be glad she learned to speak English properly, Afrikaners sound goofy as fuck when they speak English, especially the ones from Free State.
>>
>>67799199

Looked like they were in Arizona honestly.

Cant even say its australia now because its simply a fucking reboot. America wins again.
>>
>>67801147
they were in Southwest Africa

They originally intended to film in the outback like in the old movies but weather forced them to move the shoot
>>
>>67800205

Civilsation collapsed in different places at different times

probably in mad max world, there are still some people in denmark and norway maintaining a civilised lifestyle.
>>
>>67799199
>tfw she could have had a glorious afrikaaner accent the entire movie
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.