[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this fucking documentary win the Oscar for best "movie"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: v1[1].jpg (226 KB, 800x1183) Image search: [Google]
v1[1].jpg
226 KB, 800x1183
Why did this fucking documentary win the Oscar for best "movie"? Just like Zero Dark Thirty, it pisses me off. This is not the best movie, it's the most boring one. Boring plot, boring acting, boring everything.
>>
>>67795333
>ywn have frumpy investigative reporter Rachel as your gf

End my life.
>>
Zero dark thirty didn't win best picture, work on your sentence structure.
>>
>>67795333
It was so dumb, just a bunch of talking, no direction. That stupid fucking scene where Mark Ruffalo basically breaks the fourth wall and says "The church is bad LMAO!!! Give ME a nomination!!"
>>
>>67795333
Honestly I think a documentary would have been more entertaining. There was almost no conflict in the story. A few people tried to discourage them from printing a story, but once they printed it nothing happened.

At least in the other boring historical film (Bridge of Spies) people actually came and shot up his house to try and make him stop
>>
Deliver Us From Evil ('06) is the documentary you people are looking for.
>>
>>67795333

Nobody is going to remember this film in 5 years.
>>
>>67798782
No one remembers it now.
>>
File: tumblr_lln71osE5f1qb3ycmo1_500.png (272 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lln71osE5f1qb3ycmo1_500.png
272 KB, 500x449
I really liked this movie. It made journalism look fun.

>mfw the tricky dicky Armenian lawyer made the documents public
>mfw they found all the pedophiles using the "on sick leave" description from the church archives
>mfw the boring as fuck Jewish editor saved us all by being the only one to passively give a fuck
>>
>>67795333
Zero Dark Thirty shat all over the best picture winner of that year, which was Argo. It was even better than The Hurt Locker.
>>
>>67799049
I would've rather had ZDT or Django win over that generic as fuck Argo. What a routine, patriotic piece of mediocre muck.
>>
"Spotlight" is a good movie with an important message, but I can't help feel that one of the reasons Hollywood fawned over it is that Hollywood doesn't like Catholics.
>>
>>67797567
Bridge of Spies is so fun to watch, shouldn't even compare this bullshit.
>>
>>67797459
>>67797567
>>67798782
>>67798909
If it's such a bland film then why the fucking fuck did it win the Best Picture? wtf is wrong with the Academy?
>>
>>67799849

It's a """"great"""" prestige film for the old Academy audience. You can take a 20 minute nape and not miss anything.
>>
>>67797567
yeah, cuz the Catholic church is SO fucking dangerous. I mean, if you fuck with them you might get... excommunicated.
>>
>>67799239
>>67799881
>couldn't make it in 20 posts without the persecution complex
>>
>>67799015
remember that it was pre-social-media.

So no bloggers, no twitter, no facebook. Which meant journalists actually had to work for their stories.
>>
>>67799915
America has always hated Catholics. The Founding Fathers were a bunch of faggot atheists, especially Jefferson.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.