[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DELLOW FELAGATES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: splash_780.jpg (43 KB, 780x319) Image search: [Google]
splash_780.jpg
43 KB, 780x319
DELLOW FELAGATES
>>
>>67785899
I actually liked Jar Jar when I was 6 years old and watched episode I for the first time (also first star wars I ever saw)
>>
Ignoring the shitty comic relief, it was MIND BLOWING that there was an entirely computer-generated character in 1999. That just was revolutionary as whatever practical effects you love.

I think this is part of the reason young people can't appreciate the prequels. All the news footage and previews showing this chararacter. A whole alien made on a computer. That used to be something AMAZING, not something that would incur the "CGI? FUCK THAT! PRACTICAL EFFECTS FOREVER!" response.
>>
File: t1000.jpg (48 KB, 452x347) Image search: [Google]
t1000.jpg
48 KB, 452x347
>>67786658
>it was MIND BLOWING that there was an entirely computer-generated character in 1999.

People under the age of 18 aren't allowed to post here
>>
>>67786931
And people under 25 can fuck off. You didn't see The Phantom Menace in the theater, you didn't see all the magazines and newspapers. You have no idea what it was like.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>67786931
>Robert Patrick with a couple of CG effects
>most of the ones people think are CG were actually practical
>entirely computer-generated character
>>
>>67786931
>ywn be this dense
>>
>>67786658
I want a good story not good CGI
>>
>>67787199

Films used to be about more than story. They were also about spectacle. Aristotle even said so, thousands of years ago.

I hope you find good story movies, but I also hope that's not at the expense of dismissing the technical qualities and special effects that go into making movies.
>>
>>67787625
The visuals are pointless and wasted if the movie isn't compelling.
>>
>>67785899
>starts speech with DELLOW FELAGATES
>still manages to convince senate to approve passing the space hitler bill
>>
>>67788259
Jar Jar is a sith didnt you know? He used mind control
>>
>>67785899
Felegates sounds like a slur.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.