[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't TFA use practical effects for Maz Kanata. CGI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: evnt56d9b43d5952b.jpg (45 KB, 615x339) Image search: [Google]
evnt56d9b43d5952b.jpg
45 KB, 615x339
Why didn't TFA use practical effects for Maz Kanata.

CGI characters have only been done well in District 9.
>>
Probably because they didn't have her design set in stone and she was a last minute addition.
>>
>>67785237
I love that fucking movie.
>>
>>67785302
That make sense, but it's a movie that's potentially make billions for them. A practical character would look more endearing/relatable and sell more toys.
>>
>>67785237
All movies that can do practical effects like this should do this. Prac suit then cgi the face.
>>
>>67785302
Same with Snoke
Couldnt decide so went with generic shit, Snoke and Maz almost look the same race in generic bald ugly forgettable freak department
>>
>>67785237
because JJ is a hack
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 900x600
>>67785237
That would have been too much like the OT.
>>
>>67786580
which is why they're still watchable
>>
>>67785302
>>67785633
Thats pretty shitty. You'd think the overarching villain would be a design you'd finish pretty early into production.

But, Sheev did change from V to VI.
>>
>>67786646
I think Snoke's hologram is a ruse and he is a normal human/alien.
>>
>>67786768
just like the new joker is just robin
>>
2008 was 8 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZgfBidB04
>>
>>67787123
shit hellboy was so good, I should rewatch it
>>
>>67785237
Think they also felt some pressure to have at least one fully CGI character in a sequel to the prequels. Like 80% of the prequel characters and species where computer toons, there'd still be some of them around bringing down the general quality of the universe.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.