[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horace & Pete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Horace and Pete.jpg (320 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Horace and Pete.jpg
320 KB, 800x800
So how 'bout that finale?

bretty fuckin' good show, boys.
>>
Shameless self-bump.

Any of y'all niggas even watch this show or what? If you're on the fence, it's really worth it. Louie Cuck King memes aside, he's a very talented writer and director.
>>
The previous episode was really quite phenomenal. This finale was good too, but no where near as good as the last. Some great acting in this series.
>>
This show was unexpectedly good in a very unusual way. Great actors except for Louis, his acting is always awkward.
Though biggest surprise for me was David Blaine outta nowhere.
>>
>>67784943
I agree. I give Louis a pass because it's his show and all, but he has a hard time co-acting next to the major talent. At least he admits he's shit.
>>
>>67781261
I watched it after you (You) relentlessly shilled it and quit during episode 3. I will never resume watching it. The show has zero substance but pretends like it's substantive, an excellent allegory for your (You) generation, but do you really think this show is "good"? Compared to what? Compared to M*A*S*H it's not good. Compared to John from Cincinnati it's not good. Compared to All in the Family it's not good. Maybe compared to Keeping up with the Cardassians it's good, but let's be honest: this show suffers from poor pacing, heavy handed symbolism, weak characterisation, and self insert characters. I'd probably describe it as more of a bad concept than a bad show.
>>
confirmed that ep 10 is the finale? dl'd but havent watched yet. amazing show
>>
>watch the show
>its filmed like a play and looks great
>has alan alda and bushemi

>first episode is just
>look at me I am a millennial woman
>look at me I am a square conservative
>look at me I am a neckbeard libral
>look at me I am a hipster
>look at me I am a gay
>look at me I said trump
>look at me say ">its 2016"

There was literally no substance to any of it and it was fucking awful, the only part of that episode was at the end with Alda talking about the bar and the story behind it all and the actual plot that takes place, that was great.

But then I open the second episode thinking its going to get better and they were just setting up characters and its "muh refugees" and I just shut it off.

It's like they've gone out of their way to create nothing but /pol/ stereotypes to talk about dumb shit I don't want to hear in a fucking tv show.
>>
>>67785615

yeah where does it say its the finale? and when is season 2?
>>
>>67785615
During the credits the whole cast takes a bow while Louis says "That's a wrap for Horace & Pete!"
>>
>>67785284
Sadly, this is the first and only "shill" thread I've made, though I've contributed to others.

Sorry you don't like the show, Anon. I'll agree that the pacing is spotty, though I think the characters are actually very strong. I also don't see much "heavy handed" symbolism. It's a story, a ten episode story that deals with loneliness, alcoholism, domestic violence (both physical and psychological), mental illness, along with mild social commentary on current events.

You should give it another shot and leave your post-modern cynicism at the door.
>>
>>67780118
It was pretty fucked up no lie but some of the subtle shit was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>67787321
Everything Steven Wright says is solid gold.
>>
dropped it after episode 1. get back to making louie you fat balding cuck
>>
>>67786962
the show is depressing as fuck
the characters are all completely unlikable
>xcept tourettes girl
muh theater tv
it has louis ck
its crap
>>
>>67787378
Bless him dude. Took me a few episodes to recognize him this who I want to be when Im older and more miserable.

>>67785984
I think Louie did all that purposely to show how retarded we look discussing any of those topics. At the end no one came to a consensus theres point in arguing about any of it.
>>
File: Gods Mothers Doctor.png (170 KB, 488x270) Image search: [Google]
Gods Mothers Doctor.png
170 KB, 488x270
>>67787582
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>67787427

true, its depressing as fuck
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.