[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watch Batman V Superman >Formulate opinion, film is ambitious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1448597511141.png (352 KB, 467x478) Image search: [Google]
1448597511141.png
352 KB, 467x478
>Watch Batman V Superman
>Formulate opinion, film is ambitious but deeply flawed, Synder doesn't understand Superman as a character at all, never grew out of his edgy teen nihilism phase so naturally the Batman sections are the best parts of the film, editing is all over the place, script is laughably retarded in parts
>Probably give it a 5.5/10, not unwatchable but certainly not good either

The following weekend:

>Catching up with my mother
>She heard about the terrible reviews, wants to know if the film's really that bad
>Explain my thoughts, tell her the Batman bits were really good
>She loves Jeremy Irons, asks what he does in the movie
>Explain the Batman 'N' Alfred subplot of them searching for the White Portuguese
>'Oh, so they're looking for a boat?'
>Realise Batman, the World's Greatest Detective™, never even considered spending five minutes Googling 'White Portuguese', 'White Portuguese ship', White Portuguese plane', etc
>My slightly dotty 63-year-old mother is a better detective than BvS's Batman

Goyer and Terrio - Terrio especially - should be ashamed of themselves.
>>
>>67777434
>>Realise Batman, the World's Greatest Detective™, never even considered spending five minutes Googling 'White Portuguese',
Thank you
>>
>lois lane finds out who supermans mom is even before there was a superman
>batman in 2 years cant do that
>>
I searched White Portuguese and there's nothing about boat. How did you mum make that connection?
>>
>>67777733
I'm guessing because she actually reads books and watches old noir crime movies constantly, and it's a trope in those that the 'mysterious codename' is actually the name of a ship or something similar.
>>
>>67777901
So it's just a wild guess then.
Even if Batman searched White Portuguese ship on google nothing would come up since it's not a famous cruise but a secret kept from public.
>>
>>67777733
Because its a boatish name. It's just how people name their boats. I made that connection too.
>>
>>67778037
You can't keep a ship 'secret from public' you dumb fuck. They have to be registered, and it would appear on shipping manifests and port documents.
>>
File: baleface1343362182577.png (77 KB, 220x212) Image search: [Google]
baleface1343362182577.png
77 KB, 220x212
> they somehow made Batman a worse detective and dumber than Nolan's
>>
>>67777733
>>67778037
Why are you acting like it's real? It's a movie boat it might be on Google in the DCU
>>
I deducted "White Portuguese" had something to do with ships simply because of the Portuguese navigations in the age of discovery
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.