[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is the point of this movie, this was dumb. >men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: under-the-skin-1[1].jpg (83 KB, 476x595) Image search: [Google]
under-the-skin-1[1].jpg
83 KB, 476x595
What the fuck is the point of this movie, this was dumb.

>men are pigs and rapists and being a womyn in modern times is awful
>EVEN IF YOURE AN ALIEN
>>
>white men are pigs......

correction.
>>
Maybe you should stick with quips.
>>
>>67776721
I think you missed the point, friend.
>>
I feel bad for people who cant watch movies without looking for secret social agendas
>>
>>67776721
like, what the fuck anon, watch the fucking irony man.

How can you project so hard and miss the point by that much it's incredibly astonishing.
>>
>>67776805
>>67776779
Educate me
>>
So what was the movie actually about? I read it as needing to becomfortable in your own skin, the whole movie was about how she wasnt really.
>>
The movie was a Lynch-Kubrick mashup of what it's like to be fully alien. Nothing in the film is human perspective; every attempt the alien makes at appearing human is artificial. With that goal in mind, it was awesome.

If you went it to see a neat alien flick obviously you'd be disappointed.
>>
>>67776846
it's admitted by people in hollywood that there are social agendas in their media
https://youtu.be/Fd36WGEq7HQ?t=14m4s
>>
>and they say the revenant was pretentious
>>
>>67776846

What if you're just blind to how blatant it is?
>>
File: shapero.png (113 KB, 780x513) Image search: [Google]
shapero.png
113 KB, 780x513
>>67776951
wew
>>
>>67776951
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>heritage foundation
>>
Stick to Marvel, anon
>>
>>67776871
insofar as the story has a "point", it's about men not caring about a woman's personality, just whether she'll fuck them. they get punished for this by having their own innards sucked out, leaving them as just skin, i.e. as what they saw as attractive about ScarJo.

mostly thought it's just a spoopy story about aliens preying on humans with an unusually realist sense of its setting.
>>
>>67776721
It was a cute little flick with a few beautiful pieces of cinematography.

The murder scenes are quite spooky and wonderful.

The soundtrack is amazing too.

Scarlett Johansson is an excellent actress who should stop wasting her talent on capeshit.

7/10
>>
Book was better
>>
>>67776904
a thousand times this.
>>
>>67776721
I liked the part where she didn't have any clothes on.
>>
>desperate and lonely men try to have sex
>end up getting everything sucked out of them until only a husk remains

It was a nice little depiction of modern marriage.
>>
>>67776721
Watched for nude Scarlett, discovered a brilliant director.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.