[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yea, I'm thinking he's back.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: John-Wick-Poster.jpg (509 KB, 1296x720) Image search: [Google]
John-Wick-Poster.jpg
509 KB, 1296x720
Yea, I'm thinking he's back.
>>
>>67773400
How can a modern film be so good?
>>
>>67773425
I think what made John Wick so good was that it didn't try to be more than what it was supposed to be.
>>
>>67773400
Here is Keanu in training for John Wick 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc
>>
>>67773457
Pretty much. It's not a masterpiece of cinema, but it's exactly what a straightforward action movie should be.
>>
>>67773486
With the current state of western cinema I'd argue that qualifies it for masterpiece status. It's a film that knows exactly what it wants to be and makes no excuses for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 1869x783) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 1869x783
Addy was a kino level cutie
>>
>>67773425
>>67773457
>>67773486
It was directed by former stuntmen instead of some director who has little experience in "action" films.
>>
>>67775203
And it shows. They hired an actor who could do stunts, hired people who could shoot stunts without their leet shakycame 360nofocus skills getting in the way and created a story to link together as much of the hardcore stuntwork together as they could.
>>
>>67775203
Was it written by a stuntman too? That would explain why only the choreography was good and everything else was terrible.
>>
action got a bit boring after the 50th headshot in a row tho tbqhwyf
>>
>>67775266
What I love the most in that movie is the lore they put in it.
>>
>>67773654
>tattoos
>not even good ones tbqh

DROPPED
>>
>>67775266
>everything else was terrible
>terrible

Anon that's not how you spell perfect.

Soundtrack is good. Bantz are good. Lore is great.

https://youtu.be/1CurN2Fg-2E
>>
You are all joking about this being good movie. I hope so.
>>
>>
>>67776997
People just don't want Keanu to JUST, therefor they're able to delude themselves into thinking John Wick was worth seeing.
>>
>>67776997
It's a /tv/ meme.
>>
>>67777070
Fucking autoaim
>>
>>67775266
what was wrong with it? It's better than anything you can, or ever could write.
>>
>>67773425
1. uncomplicated revenge plot (man likes dog, dog is murdered by russians, man kills russians)
2. main character is likable, his motivation is just and the villains definitely deserve to die
3. great action scenes

I would say it's not difficult but then so many actually mess this up.
>>
>>67777240
>this delusion
This is like the most vanilla R-rated action flick plot available.
>>
>>67775266
nothing about it was terrible
>>
>>67775266
The plot is serviceable. It's not great but it's not trying to be either. It's a vehicle to get the audience from one action scene to the next until Keanu eventually kills the last villain, and that's all it needs to be. It's very satisfying for some.
>>
What I liked about it was at no point was Keanu doing something that that was some stupid action movie ridiculous bullshit. Sure no one would ever actually do that shit and live but in all the fights it really seemed like some real life James Bond shit. Like when that guy is trying to keep the knife out of his chest so Keanu starts hammerfisting it instead of just trying to push harder, it really showed that they put some thought into the character knowing his shit.

Him getting shot and being fine hours later was bullshit though, but I guess they were magic hitman pills
>>
>>67777070
> That emergency reload
>>
>>67777478
this
>>
>le evil russian gangsters
>>
>>67777871
Yeah, so?
>>
>>67777871
>le meaningless criticism
>>
>>67773654
>tattoos
to the thrash it goes
>>
>>67776843
>>67778562
>implying tattoos aren't a pleb filter
>>
>>67773486
This, it knew it had a somewhat silly premise and plot, but rolled with it perfectly. It was everything an action movie should be.
>>
File: ahahaha kurwa.jpg (41 KB, 409x389) Image search: [Google]
ahahaha kurwa.jpg
41 KB, 409x389
>>67777871
>le evil russian gangster singing something about baba yaga
>while talking about Wick
Fucking hell America. It's BABA yaga for a reason.
>>
>"JOHN WICK" (2014).
>"JOHN WICKER" (2016).
>"JOHN WICKERER" (2019).
>"JOHN, THE WICKER MAN" (2022).
>"JOHN WICK, THE WICKENING: PART ONE" (2024).
>"JOHN WICK, THE WICKENING: PART TWO" (2026).
>"JOHN WICK FOREVER" (2030).
>"WICK" (2035).
>>
>>67779139
you forgot

>JOHN WICK - WICK HARDER
>>
>>67779139
"The John and the Wick"
"2 John 2 Wick"
"John Wick: Moscow Drift"
"John and Wick"
"John 5"
"John and Wick 6"
"Wick 7"
>>
>>67773400
He's back, they killed his cat.
>>
If you know anything about the movie industry you can instantly see what John Wick is

They clearly optioned this big ambitious script that is trying to do the "semi-fantasy-esque over-the-top criminal underworld" theme (similar to Payback), with post-Matrix action, and the movie was clearly supposed to establish the setting for a franchise and trilogy, BUT, for whatever weird reason, someone got cold feet along the way and told them to trim it back to a standalone single feature.

You can just smell that it was originally meant to be like 3 hours long and much deeper lore-wise. You can smell the characters that were hastily miscast and smushed to fit into the edited script, so that they seem bizarrely out of place and overexaggerated for how little screen time and relevance they get. You can tell that the budget was gutted.

Some financial decision was made by the higher-ups that the original gamble was no longer worth it, but that they could still have their shot at making it a franchise if they somehow managed to take the hugely reduced scope and budget of the project and create something great. And they didn't.

Watching John Wick is like watching 1/4th of something ambitious that a lot of people resignedly stretched and flayed to cover the space left by the absence of the other 3/4ths. It reminds me of Lucky Number Slevin, where they optioned a script and then forgot to apply enough funding and care to actually turn it into a movie, so it's bizarrely uncanny to moviegoers, like watching an inexplicably high production quality stageplay of some guy's shitty fanfiction with a dumb name.
>>
>>67779139
Wick 2 Wick
Wick vs Wick
John Quip
>>
>>67782757

I think you're describing BVS
>>
>>67782837
This pasta is from before bvs was even announced
>>
>>67782757
eh i liked it
>>
>>67776997
It was an action movie that had great action and non-shaky cam cinematography. What more can you even ask for, you hipster faggot?
>>
>>67779139
JOHN WICKED: A MUSICAL JOURNEY OF A COLD BLOODED KILLER
>>
>>67782757
nah fuck your pasta, it was great.
>>
>>67779139

Whill Keanu be in all of those or will they replace him in John Wick forever after he fakes his death goes back into Keanusleep for the next century?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.