[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /tv/ the least pretentious board on 4chan? I can't imagine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Eric+Roberts.jpg (59 KB, 560x862) Image search: [Google]
Eric+Roberts.jpg
59 KB, 560x862
Is /tv/ the least pretentious board on 4chan? I can't imagine /lit/ accepting most of their board being young adult novels but /tv/ is content with superhero movies dominating the board
>>
Pic unrelated
>>
/b/
>>
>>67770689
most of the users here have no shame when it comes to their ignorance.
>>
/lit/'s culture is different because it has no release shit, so they talk about old novels rather than talk about the current crop of new releases that are heavily marketed

we are more like /v/, we talk about big releases when they come, acknowledge them, spend days or weeks FOTMing them and then move onto the next release and sometimes infrequently talk about good films/video games

If there wasn't a release culture, it would be more like /lit/ but the pace of the board would MOVE a lot slower
>>
File: Eric_Roberts_FSC_2015.jpg (369 KB, 753x1043) Image search: [Google]
Eric_Roberts_FSC_2015.jpg
369 KB, 753x1043
>>67770689
/tv/ is like /k/ and /o/ but with films and memes instead of guns and cars.

all boards suffers from a big case of USI
>>
/obvious/
>>
>>67770689
if by "least pretentious" you mean with the shittiest taste, yes
>>
No, /tv/ is not content or non-pretentious, the community as a whole has accepted that they are filthy by themselves, so if we poison the other boards (cuck, etc.) we're alright if the others poison us.
/lit/ is hard-wearing oldfag shit. DFW started the board, and it still is the main pillar/meme. /mu/ is a bit more like us, but fights back on that tripfag/avant shit ruining the board. Everybody who browses there that I know hates tripfag and k-pop threads.
Want an example of "content"? /co/ is an example of content with their invaders. /co/mblr is a real meme.
>>
The kino meme killed any discussion of proper film.

I do remember seeing charts and lists of great films but now it's mostly shitposting or talking about blockbusters.
>>
File: Sahgay Pajamaoff.jpg (28 KB, 608x464) Image search: [Google]
Sahgay Pajamaoff.jpg
28 KB, 608x464
>>67771104
What's the solution?

How can we turn /tv/ into a -elitist board for snobs?

Will take entry-level discussion, better than nothing/endless capeshit
>>
>>67771163
Send the /v/ manchildren back to their containment homeboard like the disgusting slag of plebs they are and build walls to prevent the meme-tourist capeshit spammers from reddit from entering this precious temple for adoration of true cinema
>>
File: 1459472207207.jpg (448 KB, 2000x1134) Image search: [Google]
1459472207207.jpg
448 KB, 2000x1134
>>67771163
>How can we turn /tv/ into a -elitist board for snobs?
Kill people like this
>>
>>67771467
the guy with red glasses seems pretty chill tbqh
>>
File: 1393854454991.gif (2 MB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
1393854454991.gif
2 MB, 400x395
>>67771556
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.