[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘The Simpsons’ to Out Smithers in Tribute to Episode Writer’s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21
File: Waylon_Smithers_1.png (113 KB, 435x800) Image search: [Google]
Waylon_Smithers_1.png
113 KB, 435x800
http://www.thewrap.com/the-simpsons-to-out-smithers-in-tribute-to-episode-writers-son/#.dpuf

>“I thought, ‘What better way to tell my son I love him than to write a cartoon about it?’” writer Rob LaZebnik says
>On Sunday’s episode of “The Simpsons,” Smithers finally comes out of the closet, and Rob LaZebnik, the episode’s writer, said that he was inspired by his own gay son.
>In an interview with the New York Post, LaZebnik explained that the episode was not only inspired by his 21-year-old son Johnny’s coming out but also demonstration of his fatherly love.
>“I am a Midwestern guy, so I don’t tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve, but I thought, ‘What better way to tell my son I love him than to write a cartoon about it?'” said LaZebnik.
>>
he was gay?
have they ever alluded to this?

seems like a random character to turn gay. I was guessing Lisa desu
>>
>>67770009
>read as "Wife's Son"
You've broken me, 4chan.
>>
>>67770009
>Thanks dad, you made a totally beta queer as fuck character everyone despises get out of the closet for me. Wow, I can already feel my life getting better
>>
>>67770106
he's been blatantly gay since season 3-4, there are dozens if not hundreds of jokes and references to this throughout the years

and the simpsons really have gone to shit
>>
How can anyone be proud of having a gay son? I mean accepting their faggotry is understandable, but I don't think any father has looked at their new-born son and said "I can't wait until he starts sucking dick".
>>
>>67770336
>he's been blatantly gay since season 3-4
No, he wasn't. He was "Burnsexual." The whole joke was he wasn't attracted to men or women: he loved Mr. Burns.

He only became gay after the writers who knew what they were doing left and were replaced by idiots that didn't know how to really write the Simpsons.
>>
Have no fears, we've got stories for years!
>>
>>67770106
>have they ever alluded to this?
are you trolling or have you never watched the Simpsons
>>
Current Simpsons is like a dog that's bleeding to death in the corner

just put it out of its fucking misery you sadists
>>
>>67770106

Have you been watching a different cartoon all these years?
>>
>>67770401
I mean to be fair what kind of sick fucks looks at their newborn anything and says "I can't wait til they start getting laid!"

I'm sure everyone wants their child to have a family on some abstract level, but that's your newborn baby. Who thinks about that at that time?
>>
>>67770458
How many times can Marge leave Homer or kick him out?

Genuine question... Who still watches it? What about it appeals to people?
>>
>>67770528
Either it's on before a show they genuinely enjoy so they watch it or it's on after and they leave the tv on.
>>
>>67770445
>Gays can't be monogamous
>>
So what, the Simpsons has bad gay and lesbian characters for years. Call me when a regular character transitions permanently
>>
>>67770528
It's familiar background noise, like JAG for old folks. The Simpsons is the same but for younger people.
>>
>A character coming out is beating a dead horse.
What current year to be alive
>>
File: BECAUSE YER A FAGGOT ALRIGHT.png (250 KB, 458x313) Image search: [Google]
BECAUSE YER A FAGGOT ALRIGHT.png
250 KB, 458x313
>ruining the entire point of his character
Who the fuck hires these people?
>>
>>67770009

>people still watch simpsons

why?
>>
>>67770445
>No, he wasn't. He was "Burnsexual." The whole joke was he wasn't attracted to men or women: he loved Mr. Burns.
YEAH BRUH IT'S NOT LIKE HE TOOK HOLIDAYS IN A GAY RESORT IN HOMER THE SMITHERS
>>
File: 2011.jpg (330 KB, 884x954) Image search: [Google]
2011.jpg
330 KB, 884x954
>>67770009
Smithers has officially been out of the closet for at least five years, what the fuck are they talking about?
>>
>>67770657
the simpsons because a parody of themselves

Lenny and Carl are gay as shit now
Ralph is autistic as shit now
Homer is dumb as shit
Lisa is sjw as shit now
Moe is a suicidal loser as shit now
etc
>>
>I'm so proud of you my son
>So I am going to dedicate a whole episode about one of the most pathetic characters to you
>>
>>67770528
The format would have so much to gain from an age skip.
Hell, the kids are already ageskipped to around 16 and 18 and whatever Maggie would be.
>>
>>67770009
Who even gives a shit about anymore
Simpsons has been dead 16 years
>>
>>67770009
Can you imagine being this gay kid and having your dad equate you with fucking Smithers and thinking it's a bold, brave statement of unconditional love?

It's like a backhanded insult.
>>
Isn't half the cast gay now?
>>
>>67770684
I love how nobody else notices the giant shark propelling towards the plane
>>
>>67770401

>How can anyone be proud of having a gay son?

Liberal indoctrination.
>>
>>67770768
imagine how that fucking dude feels
>dad no dont tell the press im gay
>shit dad what are you doing dont put it in the simpsons
>fuck man everyone hates me now and i hate you for causing this
>>
>>67770730
you dont understand
you need to make an announcement to the world before you are considered gay now
>>
>>67770768
This. Smithers isn't respected by anyone, even Mr. Burns refers to him as a lickspittle.

Also how do you out a character that has been a confirmed gay for decades?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YzSHIYxdRs
>>
>Dedicating an entire episode of a cartoon show to propagandizing your politics.

Remember when people used to write cartoons for the sake of making something funny and entertaining?
>>
>>67770180
Don't feel bad, my cat layer on my keyboard and I batted her away while calling her a cuck.
>>
>>67770558
The idea by the writers was that Smithers would love Burns, and only Burns, regardless what gender Burns was.
>>
File: janitor.webm (826 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
janitor.webm
826 KB, 1024x768
>>67770445
>>
>>67770921
>Cartoons as Propaganda is recent
Wow. Moron.
>>
>>67770886
Simpsons was always liberal though
>>
>>67770693
>Al Jean, who thinks of Smithers as being a "Burns-sexual", felt that had Mr. Burns been a woman, then Smithers would not be gay. David Silverman, a former supervising director has said, "[Smithers] seems to be focused on one particular human, as opposed to anything beyond that. [Rather than being gay], he's sort of 'Burns-sexual.'"
BUT YOU'RE RIGHT, THEY MADE A JOKE ONCE.
>>
>>67770921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzH1iaKVsBM
>>
>>67770920

By literally having smithers sit mr burns down at a picnic and say 'hey burnsie I want to penetrate your anal cavity'

Even though I'm sure burns has made jokes about smithers being gay at some point in the last 27 years
>>
>>67771062
>Al Jean
>not the worst showrunner ever
>>
Wasn't the fact that Smithers is an obvious raging homo but deep in the closet about it kinda his defining character trait. Apart from being a sycophant.
>>
File: Simpsons-character-gay.jpg (44 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons-character-gay.jpg
44 KB, 940x545
>>67771038
There was also that one episode where he was away on vacation and Mr. Burns didn't know what to without him
>>
>>67771062
>once
>he goes to a gay resort
>he goes to a gay club and asks Moe to make his pub appeal to gays
>this >>67771038
>he's buddy with the campy store faggot from the "is bart gay" episode
yeah bruh only the once
>>
This is one of those gimmicky and obvious PR stunts shows do to drum up hype.
>>
>>67771116
He was good until he returned for season 10.

I think a part of him died with The Critic.
>>
>>67770921
I remember they did an episode on facking and it was the most bullshit "Try and make jokes without taking a side" festival for the entire 23 minutes.

Like why even bother trying to be topical
>>
>>67771178
The people who actually worked on the show disagree with your interpretation of those jokes.

But hey if he was gay in those early seasons, who was his boyfriend in those early seasons?
>>
I've just realised I stopped watching Simpsons after Season 10, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of episodes I am not even aware of.

Even looking at Season 11 Episodes they look pretty shit.

Honestly, even in 10 / 15 years people will be utterly bemused as to how the Simpson had such a cultural foothold on Western audiences.

How did Seven seasons of an excellent tv show pave the way for a further 19 of utter utter dogshit
>>
>>67770009

>Smithers is gay
>That's the joke

This may be a new low, I'm not sure...
>>
>>67771308
>you need to have a boyfriend to be gay
what?
>>
>>67771383
If you're trying to prove a character is gay, you need more than jokes. So who, besides Burns, was he attracted to in those early seasons? Did he ever show interest in any other men?

Because the show creators have said he isn't gay (or at least wasn't in those early days) but rather a "Burns-sexual" and so, for you to prove he is gay, you kind of need evidence that isn't some jokes (because, hell, there's an episode where they joke about Bart being gay).
>>
>>67771312
Still has merchandise, still has casual viewers. Most of Simpsons viewers were just people who tuned in every Sunday night at 7 PM and watched whatever Fox put out before falling asleep at 10:30 in their lazy boy recliner. Many of those people are still there.
>>
>>67771308
>The people who actually worked on the show disagree with your interpretation of those jokes.
But he doesn't.
You quoted.
>Al Jean, who thinks of Smithers as being a "Burns-sexual", felt that had Mr. Burns been a woman, then Smithers would not be gay.
Which implies: Mr. Burns is a man, therefore Smithers is gay.
Do you have reading comprehension issues?
>>
>>67771480
>Because the show creators have said he isn't gay
you can't read. Don't try to voice your opinion when the big boys are talking.
>>
>>67771480
If you want a man to fuck you you're generally pretty gay. I don't know what difficulty you're having with this.
>>
>>67771480
Bart didn't go willingly to gay resort or a gay club, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>67771312
People still watch the Simpsons.

Honestly, it's not as bad as people say it is. And old Simpsons wasn't as good as people thought it was. For every Monorail episode, you have episodes where Homer stops going to church and then meeting God, or Bart not being allowed to see a movie.
>>
>>67771510
>Which implies
But it doesn't. Also
>David Silverman, a former supervising director has said, "[Smithers] seems to be focused on one particular human, as opposed to anything beyond that. [Rather than being gay], he's sort of 'Burns-sexual.'"
>[Rather than being gay], he's sort of 'Burns-sexual.
>>
>>67770009
>the investors are demanding we pander to tumblr more so I'm going to add a flowery backstory and just run with it

thanks, rob
>>
>>67771611
this has to be a troll or some shit, you can't be that stupid.
>>
>>67771543
>bisexuals don't exist
>heterosexual women don't exist
>>
File: seeeya.jpg (81 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
seeeya.jpg
81 KB, 800x480
>>67771644
>But it doesn't.
Holy shit, don't even try to pretend you're sentient.

>muh quotes
quotes don't matter, the show content matters, but if you want some
>The idea for Smithers' ambiguous sexual orientation came from Sam Simon, who proposed that Smithers should be gay, but little attention should be drawn to it.
>>
>>67771647
No, people with other opinions actually exist.

If you want to pretend that old Simpsons was perfect, that's cool, but the reality is that it has its share of lousy episodes and you're really just remembering the good ones. Meanwhile, you only hear about new Simpsons when they do dumb shit (like Lady Gaga) when they also have some good stuff.
>>
>>67771611
But Homer not going to church is a great episode
>>
>>67771671
Okay now you're intentionally being a moron.
>>
File: Babby.jpg (26 KB, 389x388) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
26 KB, 389x388
>>67771644
>>67771480
>As openly gay John's tour ends in the "Sha-Boom Ka-Boom Cafe", Smithers shows up
>Smithers: John!
>John: Uhh, oh, Waylon! I'd like you to meet the Simpsons!
>Smithers: I know the Simpsons. So this is your sick mother?
>John: Don't do this to me, Waylon.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how homosexual are you?
>>
>>67771707
The guy straight up says he considers him a "Burns-sexual" before saying that. No, it doesn't imply that he's gay when the guy said he was a "Burns-sexual." Read the full quote.

>quote
Okay, but that sentence (which isn't a quote) has no citation. There's literally nothing to back it up, and it's not the man's actual words in any case.
>>
>>67771611

>For Every Great Episode you have two other great episodes...

There is an ebin troll in this thread
>>
>>67771821
sssshhh
eyh, you hear that?
>>67771801
it's the sound of shut the fuck up
>>
>>67771831
>great episodes
You probably thought the "Bender meets God" shit from Futurama was good, too.
>>
>>67771236
He returned for season thirteen and his reign of terror has continued to this day
>>
>>67771746
I respect your right to have an opinion

I'm just saying it's a terrible opinion and you should feel bad for having it.

There is absolutely nothing even chuckle worthy in the new episodes. You have shit taste in humor my friend.
>>
>>67771873
>ask for proof that isn't a joke
>get a joke as proof again
You're also avoiding that the "quote" you provided (1) isn't a quote and (2) has no citations or sources backing it.
>>
>>67771821
>No, it doesn't imply that he's gay
The fact that he says "if things would be different than they are, he wouldn't be gay" implies very strongly that he is gay now to every non-retarded person.
The apparent confusion you suffer from is caused by the fact that nobody but you finds the idea of being gay and being attracted to one man contradictory.
>>
>>67770189
This 100%. Id rather Todd come out and be a total homo faggot than Smithers. Smithers is a terribly constructed and underdeveloped gay character.
>>
>>67771949
And why aren't jokes not acceptable in a comedy show? Pretty much every line is a joke. Are you genuinely retarded?
>>
File: 1430225606317.png (123 KB, 699x674) Image search: [Google]
1430225606317.png
123 KB, 699x674
>it's a one guy doesn't believe Smithers is gay episode
>>
>>67770886
Pride is the wrong word, you would know this is you weren't an emotionless husk of a mammal.
>>
>>67771611

>implying Homer the Heretic and Itchy and Scratchy: the Movie aren't great episodes

Top pleb
>>
>>67771945
What's the last season of Simpsons you watched in its entirety? Honestly, you haven't been watching modern Simpsons. Maybe you caught a bad episode to affirm that it's "still bad," like when Gaga came on (which was a while back now), but you aren't still watching it.

And you know what, that's fine if you don't watch it, but trying to tell me it's bad when you don't watch it is bullshit and we both know that.

So just don't. Continue hating Simpsons, but kindly keep it to yourself since you really can't comment on things you don't actually watch.

And anons, don't bother swearing that you still watch it. I've dealt with those lies before.
>>
>>67772058
Never said jokes weren't "acceptable on a comedy show" just that they're poor proof of him being gay since you can't take them seriously (since they're, y'know, jokes).
>>
>>67770009
So we're just going to forget this episode exists?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Moe
>>
>>67772111
Recommend a recent great episode then.

>>67772137
>they're poor proof of him being gay since you can't take them seriously (since they're, y'know, jokes)
Again do you have problem understanding what a comedy show is? Lenny doesn't really live in a shitty appartment because it was a joke too?
>>
File: 1375943565921.jpg (29 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1375943565921.jpg
29 KB, 400x307
>people complaining when the character that was written to be gay is finally outed as gay
>>
>>67772111
I can't even make it through entire episodes of the new ones because they're so cringe-worthy.

I'm not gonna watch the whole season, because its NOT FUNNY. What's so hard to understand there?
>>
>>67772180
>Lenny doesn't really live in a shitty appartment because it was a joke too?
Yeah, it was probably just a joke.
>>
>>67772241
kill yourself retard
>>
How long until they make Lisa trans?
>>
>Mr.Burns I'm flamming
>>
>>67772180
It's just a prank bro.
>>
>>67770528
The last episode I watched was the one where Krusty rekindles his relationship with his daughter, or some shit.
>>
>>67772280

>Marge is tested for throat cancer
>Somehow during the operation, doctors make a mistake, instead she ends up being injected with shit to make her into a man
>Marge is now called Mitch and Homer likes the idea of fucking his new best friend
>>
smithers being gay has been his whole character for like 20 years now
>>
>>67772180
>Recommend a recent great episode then.
Why? You and other anons will just say "it's bad" without ever watching it. Hell, you've already done that by saying the show is currently bad without watching it. What's the point beyond so you can go "aha! gotcha! that one is shit!" like it's a fact and not your uninformed opinion?
>>
>>67772355
Well done, now you've outed yourself as a writer for The Simpsons.
>>
>>67772062
Those episodes are hilarious.
>>
>>67772381
>Why?
Because we can do that for the older seasons, so why should the new ones be held to a different standard?
Anyway, don't worry, we get it, it's just a shitty weak bait and you don't watch the new seasons either.
>>
>>67771062
>author interviews more important than the actual source material
>>
>>67772381
>asks for an episode recommendation
>gets an excuse

see? This is why we know the new ones are bad. You can't name a SINGLE EPISODE that would be worthwhile to watch. I promise you I'd watch it. If it goes 5 min in and I don't crack a smile I'll probably turn it off like I would with anything else.
>>
File: moviebob.jpg (349 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
moviebob.jpg
349 KB, 1200x900
Is MovieBob in this thread? I thought that fat faggot was the only person on the planet who seriously thinks new Simpsons is just as good as old Simpsons.
>>
>>67772426
>my interpretation of a show, specifically me taking jokes seriously, is more important than what the show creators specifically said was true about a character
>>
>>67772394

What's the next step of my master plan?
>>
>>67770744

Simpsons did it:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
>>
File: 1427629541439.jpg (115 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1427629541439.jpg
115 KB, 900x900
>>67772468
>it's a "baby is confused by the idea that source material is more important than secondary sources" episode
>>
>>67772458
>can't name
No, won't name, and I've given my reason why: you've already shit on the episodes I like without watching them.

But really, if you genuinely want to see what episodes in the recent season were good in order to watch them, do a little Googling and you'll find some episodes to watch.

Me? I'm not interesting in naming episodes I like in order for anons to go "but those were shit" without genuinely giving them a try. Sorry your little plan didn't work on me.
>>
>>67770009
>I am a Midwestern guy, so I don’t tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve
stfu faggot and move to cali
>>
File: tumblr_o3dsa5apV01uykqfqo1_1280.png (945 KB, 1059x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3dsa5apV01uykqfqo1_1280.png
945 KB, 1059x800
>the writers don't consider Smithers gay
>>
faggots
>>
>>67772562
fucking epic troll mate well done
>>
>>67772562
>watched some recent episodes, they were shit
>"baaaaw it doesn't count because you didn't see the GOOD episodes"
>won't name the good episodes
weak shit
>>
>>67772590
They're were just having a laugh mate.
>>
>>67772424
>you don't watch the new seasons either.
No, I actually watch them.

You, on the other hand, have admitted to shitting on them without watching them. Congratulations on having a popular uninformed opinion.
>>
>>67772603
>watching a show and liking it is trolling
>>
File: 1435085476670.jpg (156 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1435085476670.jpg
156 KB, 768x1024
>>67772635
>you can't voice an opinion if you don't watch all of it
>>
sigh

The ride never ends.
>>
File: screw Flanders.jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
screw Flanders.jpg
13 KB, 275x183
Post, post-season 9 episodes that are legitimately good.

I'll start. I feel like Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? is a really under looked episode, it gets shafted a lot due to being in the middle of the end of golden age era Simpsons and before the start of zombie Simpsons, there are some genuinely decent laughs throughout this one.
>>
>>67772677
If you don't actually watch something, yes, you have an uninformed opinion that's pretty much worthless on the subject.

You can share that opinion all you want, but I'm going to call you out on your dumb bullshit when you do.

Marathon the latest season with an open mind and come back with an actually informed opinion.
>>
>>67770106
weak b8 m8
>>
File: 1427629278687.jpg (82 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
1427629278687.jpg
82 KB, 788x685
>>67772747
>you can't say it's shit till you've gulped down all the shit
well memed
we need tasteless idiots to watch all of it and report with the only watchable episodes
oh wait you can't do that either. Nevermind then, you're a waste of air
>>
Smithers "coming out" is just as shocking as Mac from Sunny "coming out".
>>
>>67770336
>>67770487
>>67770515
>>67772832
why doesn't /tv/ understand sarcasm?
are there literal autists posting here?
>>
File: 1450255600269.png (158 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1450255600269.png
158 KB, 512x384
>>67770009
When is this nightmare going to end, when it just going to stop

Please, its like they are not even beating the corpse anymore, they are raping it
>>
>Johnny LaZebnik

REEEEEE
>>
>>67772833
Yes, you kind of need to watch a tv show or movie before you criticize it, yes. That's why movie and television critics watch things before writing their reviews.

If something doesn't seem like you'd like it, by all means, avoid it, but telling someone who watches the Simpsons that "it's bad" when you yourself don't watch the Simpsons is ridiculous. You don't know what you're talking about.

Again, feel free to not like it, but don't go blasting your uninformed opinion like it's fact.
>>
>>67772917
>watching something that's unfunny and boring

BUT I HAVE TO KEEP WATCHING IT OR ELSE I CAN'T SAY THAT IT'S UNFUNNY/BORING

I literally can't make it through an episode. I have better things to do with my time than watch a cringe-tier cartoon "comedy"
>>
>>67772917
yeah bruh I'm sure agents of Shield turned into a cinematographic wonder after I dropped it too
>>
File: SomertonMan2.jpg (7 KB, 300x476) Image search: [Google]
SomertonMan2.jpg
7 KB, 300x476
>>67770009

The simpsons was actually being more progressive by having an openly gay character that didn't need to have on-screen gay romances and a marching band coming out episode

>Hey son, I love you, so I'm writing an episode about Smithers coming out and going to the Folsom Street fair and sucking dick and getting pissed on in public, he is also going to get rid of his old wardrobe and wear nothing but leather chaps and harnesses.
>>
>>67772972
I can't imagine reading a review of a movie where the critic says "now, I haven't actually watched the movie" and taking what he has to say about that movie seriously. Can you?
>>
>>67772917
Why would you go around displaying your opinion when you can't even prove that you watch the show by naming a good episode?
>>
>>67773005
>can't
See >>67772562
and try to keep up with the conversation. We're now at people saying they'd trust a movie critic's review of a movie that the movie critic never saw.
>>
>>67771308
Failure to see this obvious truth may be a sign of autism pal
>>
>>67773004
I'm not a critic you fucking idiot, nor did I ever claim to be one. Oh so now you have to be a critic in order to have an opinion on something? It's their JOB to watch full episodes/movies. Yes, if I was being PAID of course I would watch it.
>>
>>67773045
>see [excuses]
you haven't proved in any way you're watching the new seasons, why would you assume anyone would take your opinion seriously?
You're not the brightest bulb are you bub?
>>
>>67773051
>obvious truths
The obvious truth is that an opinion doesn't mean much if it isn't informed and, if you haven't watched the latest season in its entirety, you simply do not have an informed opinion on it.

Which is fine, you can like whatever you want, but don't come at me like you know for a fact that something you've never seen is bad.
>>
File: 1454672952067.png (124 KB, 292x299) Image search: [Google]
1454672952067.png
124 KB, 292x299
>>67772972
>>67772972
>>67772833
Bait or just trying to be funny?
>>
>>67773064
Point is, you're expressing an uninformed opinion like it's a fact to someone with an actually informed opinion, and I'm explaining why what you have to say isn't going to sway me one way. I'll continue to like the show because I actually watch it and know what it's like. You can continue not liking the show because you have a wrong image of what the show is like in your head thanks to memes spouted on sites like this. I don't really care if you don't get to enjoy a good piece of television. It's kind of sad but hey not everyone gets to enjoy life to its fullest I guess.
>>
>>67773118
Are you still upset I didn't fall for your lame trap?

Because me naming an episode wouldn't have proved I watch it, just that I can google up the season and list off an episode. All it would have provided you is another platform for you to shout "new Simpsons is bad" without actually watching it, as I've thoroughly explained in terms you can understand. I'm just not interested in doing that. Hate on Simpsons some other way.
>>
>>67773269
>because I actually watch it
you can keep claiming it, we'll keep not believing you
>>
>>67773353
>more excuses
how much of a fragile little bitch do you have to be that you can't even voice your opinions fully for fear they'll get criticized?
>>
>>67773358
>we'll
The same group of people who hates Simpsons without watching it.

Yeah, those sure are valued opinions.
>>
>>67773380
If I were afraid of having my opinions criticized, I wouldn't have said I like current Simpsons.

No, I'm just not falling for your ruse. Try not to be so mad that your little trick failed.
>>
>>67772857
>it was merely an act!
fuck off
>>
>still hasn't posted an example episode.

yup it's shit
>>
>>67773353
I like how you feel free to assume people who don't like the show never watched any of it and still get indignant when accused to not watch it youself
Then again someone who enjoys nu simpsons probably doesn't have a sense of irony.
>>
>>67773436
>If I were afraid of having my opinions criticized, I wouldn't have said I like current Simpsons.
You're afraid of making any specifics, because then it would hurt. Sorry bay, this isn't your comfort zone.
>>
>>67773521
People in this thread have confirmed that they hate the Simpsons without having watched it, so it's not an assumption.
>>
>>67770009

And when you thought they can't do nothing worse to The Simpsons by now... Things still happening...

Damm I wish I was dead because The Simpsons will outlive me at this point.
>>
>>67773570
you made it before anyone mentioned it, and you keep mixing "haven't watched all of it" with "haven't watched any"
Also, notice how we mentioned past great episodes without falling on bitchy little excuses.
>>
>>67773546
You're not making any rational sense. Like I said, if I were afraid to voice my opinion, I wouldn't have in this thread. You're just trying to goad me into falling for your trap. First it was "you gotta prove you watch the show" and now it's "you're a chicken."

If you won't give up on trying to trap me then I'm just going to stop replying to you when you do because, honestly, "you're a chicken" is just silly, dude.
>>
>>67770528
Smithers was an awesome character in the golden years. Watch Homer the Smithers again.
>>
>>67773673
>First it was "you gotta prove you watch the show" and now it's "you're a chicken."
Not our fault you keep coming up with more excuses, when we didn't and named episodes we like.
>You're not making any rational sense.
It does, you're just too dumb to understand your own gut reactions.
>>
>>
>>67773647
When I'm talking about "watching the Simpsons" I'm referring to the newest season specifically.

But to put it another way, what would you think if someone came in here and said "old Simpsons was the WORST every episode SUCKED" and then revealed that they hadn't really watched a full season of old Simpsons, just a bad episode or two here or there? Would you really value their opinion on the topic? I wouldn't. I wouldn't value what they had to say or even them since they're the sort of person who thinks they're experts on a topic they really don't know that much about at all.

And that's how I feel about people who hate on the current Simpsons without giving the newest season a try. You don't have to watch it, but if you want to talk about it like you know what you're saying, you should at least watch the current season in its entirety.
>>
>>67770586

>Mr. Smithers not a regular character

He's in like almost every episode.
>>
>>67773738
>"only a DUMB person wouldn't be able to see the emperor's new cloak"
>>
>>67771308
It's implied his boyfriend was John from Homer's Phobia. When John is out with the Simpsons and Smithers sees them he's upset at John for blowing off their date to be with them.
>>
>>67770730
Melody looks hot as fuck.
>>
>>67773811
>playing "le rational dudester" when you won't even complete your argument with examples because "then you'll criticize me!"
stop being shit
>>
>>67773772
>As you can see, the real deal with Waylon Smithers is that he's Mr. Burns' assistant. He's in his early forties, is unmarried, and currently resides in Springfield.
>>
>>67773785
>trying to play the symmetry here
And that's where you lose.
Old Simpsons supporters provided episodes, that one faggot who likes nu-Simpson didn't. There is one side that's talking out of his ass here.
>>
>>67770009
>What better way to tell my son I love him than to write a cartoon about it?

using words
>>
>>67772744
People may not agree but I enjoyed Them, Robot. It's the one where Mr. burns replaces all the workers except Homer in the plant with robots. It's a 2012 episode.
>>
>>67773874
>"then you'll criticize me!"
You've already criticized me, though. I don't care. I mean, we're both anonymous here. Doesn't really matter.

You've misunderstood what I've said, specifically, that there's no point in naming episodes because it 1) proves nothing and 2) will only be replied with "but they suck" without you actually watching them. I have nothing to gain in doing this and therefore, no, I will not be satisfying your whims today. You will have to accept this as my final answer and learn to be disappointed when you don't always get your way because this is the last I have to say on the matter.
>>
Shocking development: Ralph is stupid.
>>
>>67773785
>But to put it another way, what would you think if someone came in here and said "old Simpsons was the WORST every episode SUCKED" and then revealed that they hadn't really watched a full season of old Simpsons, just a bad episode or two here or there?
We would name good episodes, have we have done already.
Show's over folks.

>>67773967
>because it 1) proves nothing
At some point you'll learn that when you make a claim you have to substantiate it. Here the argument was "old simpsons had a bunch of mediocre episodes too along with the great ones, new simpsons is the same". It falls on you to name the great ones.
>>
>>67773960
Yeah, Them, Robot was one of the really good episodes that season.
>>
>>67770528
I still watch the simpsons when im in the mood to watch tv but theres nothing else in my dvr. The new episodes arent that good/memorable but theres usually a good joke or two. Ive been watching the simpsons for my entire life so I really wouldnt ever stop. Its just not something I get excited about anymore.
>>
>>67774101
Pretty much how I feel about the show. It's by no means terrible, but it's not great, either. Watching it is a bit routine, but also a treat for the episodes that are good and funny.
>>
>>67771480
>Gays are defined as such only if they want someone's cock in their ass.

Liberals everybody.
>>
desu I think having smithers be confirmed as gay ruins the joke. Its more funny if its supposed to be a secret
>>
>>67770445
In the one where bob becomes mayor he goes against mr burns' wishes to tell bart and lisa about the fake votes because conservative policies dont mesh with his lifestyle
>>
>>67774263
I think the fact that the joke is older than some of the show's viewers kind of ruins it.

Personally, I was hoping they'd have either Bart or Lisa (or Maggie) come out as gay.
>>
>>67770009
Fuck sake.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.