[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This flick was impressively long and boring. Did anyone else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 357434578753457.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
357434578753457.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
This flick was impressively long and boring. Did anyone else come away with the distinct impression the moral of the story was "this is fun as fuck, don't get caught?" Not a terrible flick by any means, but I felt like the source material got the better of Martin Scorsese and it ends up being wandery and lacking a point.

Sure, at the end, he spends a few years in jail and loses his wife/kids (or at least that's implied) but he's still well off and had a blast.
>>
>>67769273
It was based on book, in his book he was like I was good boi, I dindu, it was bad gov etc.
>>
It was really boring. Felt like wasted time after it was done.
>>
the message is enjoy the ride or something
>>
>>67769422
Completely agree. Movie didn't wrap up so much as it fell apart under the weight of its sixteenth sequence with hookers and cocaine.

I get the feeling he wanted to make the Godfather II of Wall Street movies and fucked up.
>>
I think the hurr durr glorification angle is retarded to be quite honest familia. Just because it isn't a message film that rams it into your face.

I also don't see why it has to have a moral anyway. Muh narrative is only one aspect of a film. There are other aspects. Films don't even need narratives.

And, really, why is this a problem that Wolf has when Wolf is pretty much just Goodfellas with white collar crime instead of the mafia? It's not like Goodfellas had any real moral to the story. He ended up in the suburbs in that film and it was boring as fuck and he hated it. Roll credits.
>>
>>67769707
Goodfellas is a far more cohesive movie. Scorsese was certainly going for a similar angle in this, but he executes it poorly.
>>
>>67769273
Chads love it.
>>
Just rewatched it. It was a very good film anchored by a GOAT tier performance from DiCaprio. It's more just, an insane true story of a man tweaking the system to his whims, than any kind of glorification. Having said that, Scorsese dropped the ball on the fucking music. Some great choices, but many clunky, deflating ones, ridiculous new-rock covers of classic songs. The finale would have been a lot more powerful with real music.
>>
Guys, this movie was based on a book, its like you were comparing LOTR without a book.
>>
>>67769273
forgettable as shit
>>
>>67769273
>implying it needs a point
it is entertainment you idiot, the point is to tell you a good story.
>>
>>67769273

Moral of the story is AUUUJGGGGGGJGHHHHHHHHH YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH
>>
>>67769273

He still owes millions today and lost his wife.
>>
>>67769273

It doesn't need a point, it's an account of what happened.
>>
>>67769273
There doesn't need to be any "message" you hack.
It's a look inside the psyche of a master con man, what his attitudes are and what his moral compass is.
Also, if you found that boring, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
File: tumblr_np54exqE0x1sfsljwo1_500.jpg (90 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np54exqE0x1sfsljwo1_500.jpg
90 KB, 500x430
>movie takes place in the early nineties
>not a single high-cut bikini in sight

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF BROKEN
ERECTION GONE
MOVIE UNWATCHED
>>
The moral is in how the audience gets swept away in the excess just like the main character
>>
Jonah Hill's character buying an entire Subway restaurant for himself was the best part of the movie desu
>>
>>67769273
>This flick was impressively long and boring. Did anyone else come away with the distinct impression the moral of the story was "this is fun as fuck, don't get caught?" Not a terrible flick by any means, but I felt like the source material got the better of Martin Scorsese and it ends up being wandery and lacking a point.
>Sure, at the end, he spends a few years in jail and loses his wife/kids (or at least that's implied) but he's still well off and had a blast.

looks life real life :(
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.