[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is all over.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: over.jpg (279 KB, 679x579) Image search: [Google]
over.jpg
279 KB, 679x579
It is all over.
>>
Why does WB struggle so much when their superheroes are far more iconic than anything Marvel has?
>>
>>67763258
>Getting cucked this hard by Marvel
top kek
>>
>>67763258

I honestly just assumed there would be a fair amount of gallows humor like the comic
>>
>>67763258
I hope the original cut will be bundled in the Blurays
>>
>>67763291
Just Batman and Superman, most of their other heroes are pretty lame. Actually Superman is pretty fucking lame too. The guy is morally perfect, and unkillable. There's not much of a story you can tell that won't be boring as fuck with a character like that.
>>
>>67763258
Oh christ now it is DEFINITELY going to be terrible.

>>67763299
Which is probably how it was going to be before they reshot stuff. They are responding to the 'muh fun!' criticism of BvS, which was not one of BvS's many, many, many problems.
>>
>>67763291
Only Justice League heroes are famous.
Suicide Squad anti-heroes are unknown by normies (except Harley).
>>
>>67763291
WB are stuck in some really lame late-90s / early-00s idea of edgy grimdark Hot Topic cool and can't seem to get their head around the idea that trends have moved on (I mean look at that female character in OP's pic - the aesthetic is so ridiculously dated)

I guess they've made a lot of money on Batman dark and edgy for a while now and it just became unchallegeable policy.
>>
>>67763327
There is one exception. All-star Superman.

Except oh shit: even Superman faces death in that story.
>>
>>67763291
>anyone outside of Batman and Superman
>iconic
>>
>>67763357
Batman *being* dark and edgy
>>
How DC fan feel about being cucked so much? a dark SS would have been amazing like a real anti-hero tale.
>>
>>67763291
Zack Snyder is their Kevin Feige.
>>
>>67763291
This movie have literal Z-tier Batman villain, wouldn't be surprised if fucking Calendar Man shows up
>>
File: dnpp.jpg (11 KB, 258x200) Image search: [Google]
dnpp.jpg
11 KB, 258x200
>>67763327
>Superman
>unkillable
>>
It was a Will Smith production, doomed from the start. I hope this kills the DCMovieverse so his son won't disgrace Static Shock.
>>
Suicide Squad is the last movie that should be a comedy, but whatever. It's not like they're basing this off of Ostrander's SS.
>>
I hope WB bankrupt themselves eventually. So awful.
>>
>one report on a shitty website with an unnamed source
>now every news site is posting it and people actually believe it
>>
>>67763291
not just the heros but also the villains

in fact the villains are so iconic that it makes me wonder why they not making a SS-like movie with Batman villains like Catwoman, Riddler, Poison Ivy etc?
>>
>Mar 31

Hhhmmm...
>>
>>67763679

>People now expect a funny movie
>it's not funny
>"wtf does WB really think this is funny"
>20% on Rotten Tomatoes

Screencap this
>>
>>67763341
>Oh christ now it is DEFINITELY going to be terrible

This. I was hyped for this movie but if this news is true it could be an FF style clusterfuck now
>>
>>67763679
This desu, I will wait for an actual confirmation/dismissal from WB or Leto
>>
>we want the quip audience
>>
File: 1429285811874.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1429285811874.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>67763258
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

TOP FUCKING KEK

>muh capekino
>muh dark and gritty children flicks
>muh 2deep4u

MARVEL PRIDE WORLD WIDE

DCKEKS ON SUICIDE SQUAD
>>
>>67763291
They are more iconic but much less relatable.
> Sun-powered demi-god
> Grimdark edgy billionaire vigilante
> greek feminist (type of feminism depends on every person) warrior amazon
> shapeshifter martian

And WB keeps focusing in everything but what makes them relatable, of course they are gonna bomb hard. Even Suicide Squad is gonna bomb if they focus on explosions and violence, and not in their personal characterizations.
>>
>>67763258

SAVE US IRON MAN
>>
>>67763679

devon faraci also reports it on BMD and his sources have always been right. he's never reported anything wrong about BvS for example.
>>
>>67763291
the classic marvel formula is colorful, funny, brainless movies. people want a movie they can enjoy and forget after a few days.

WB went for dark, authentic comic book movies which can also be successful like batman but are harder to pull off and therefore riskier.

now they're backpedaling like crazy because they're afraid of another flop.
>>
>>67763291
Nolan gave them a kiss of death. Made tons of money with Batman but left a legacy of pure shit that aged terribly
>>
>>67763291
People complain so much about how they want their movies to be for 3 year olds like the avengers and now we're seeing the results of that shit, the "humor" in BvS like Superman's mom quipping about the cape etc. was complete shit and was obviously forced in there to appeal to the manchild audience that Marvel has built up.
>>
they don't even remember how to make good films anymore
>>
why do people act like the Marvel formula of doing comic book movies is the only "right" way?
>>
>just cast RDJ as bitter, old, sarcastic, washed up B-superhero, who makes quips about perfect superheros like Superman etc
>profit
>>
>>67763939
Because the best capeshit moves are Iron Man and Captain America.

>and 1st Spiderman trilogy which is more of Sony than Marvel
>>
>the movie is said to be including pop culture references and political jokes to add more comedy to the picture. One scene has a character chide that they're going to ruin somebody "worse than Donald Trump will ruin America"

Jesus Christ
>>
>>67763258
Will the initial non-Marvel cut at least be included in the video release?
>>
>>67763327
superman on his own is lame as fuck, but when you get the whole gang of superheroes together, he fits quite nicely, and they are way superior to marvel.

i don't know what is it about DC but their heroes just seem so much more heroic and grand compared to marvel. the whole DC universe seems more grand and epic, while marvel seems a bit more... i don't know, gritty maybe?
>>
I hate this "fun" meme
>>
>>67763357
>the aesthetic is so ridiculously dated
they've literally turned them into hipsters, if you ask me they aren't dated enough.
>>
>>67764149
Seeing as BvS was clearly produced by someone with the brain of a 5 year old I can see a "joke" that terrible making it into the movie.

They thought using Bohemian Rhapsody in the trailer was next level cinema comedic genius so I expect stuff like Croc saying "nice to eat you" to make it into the final cut. Jesus Christ what a fucking train wreck.
>>
>>67763258
Why not just re-edit the trailer then? It seems a lot easier than having to get the cast and crew back together for a few days
>>
>>67764062
Iron Man and CA both seemed a lot more serious than the current Joss shit desu. The only Marvel movie that has taken itself seriously since then is Winter Soldier desu, everything else has been more and more quipfest-y
>>
I hope it works. I hope they make a good, funny movie. Suicide Squads could definitely be another Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
File: 1450847111218s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450847111218s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>67763258
>le dark films need to be funny meme.
>>
>Sir! We've lost our bvs critic deflector shield!
>Intensify the suicide squad quips, I don't want critics saying we are not like marvel
>>
>writers google for suicide squad memes
>somehow end up on /tv/
>Will Smith speaks in ebonics the entire movie
>>
>>67764612
They need to be not shit.
Daredevil S2 the interactions between Matt and Frank were a fucking joy to watch, and there weren't any quips or jokes in them.
It's not Marvel's fault that WB doesn't understand that joyless =/= lack of jokes.
>>
>>67764566
But Killer Croc EATS PEOPLE.
>>
>>67763931
a movie about 3 people dressed like retards fighting a CGI shit

and you expect people to take it seriously?
>>
>>67763939
because they are comic book charcters, not people from fucking Kubrick
>>
>>67764879
B-but muh Jesus symbolism!
>>
File: 1443697237769.jpg (133 KB, 490x492) Image search: [Google]
1443697237769.jpg
133 KB, 490x492
>>67763291
Being iconic doesn't mean you're an interesting character or a good thing to base a film on

Sonic the Hedgehog is iconic.
Hello Kitty is iconic.
Mickey Mouse is iconic.
Angry Birds is iconic.

Superman belongs to the same bunch.

Whereas Marvel has relateable real human characters it turned into icons, DC has a bunch of soulless and unrelateable icons with DBZ tier powers they're challenged with turning into believable characters.
>>
>>67763291
I don't recognise any DC hero other than Batman, Joker and Superman, lad
>>
>>67764969
Not even Semen?
>>
LET ME GOOOOOO

NO

NO

NO
>>
>>67763327
Avengers are garbage and lame too. They are not even C-list heros. If shit goes down in Marvel I wouldn't call the Avengers first.
>>
>>67764969
And Catwoman, but somehow batman has a son with a generic minor character rather than with catwoman. Fuck DC and fuck their writers.
>>
April fools hehehe :^)
>>
>>67763365
All-star Superman is an abomination.
It's what a kid would think Superman would be like.
Anyone above 18 should realize by now that Superman would probably detest having to clean up humans fuck ups.
Just like a parent gets angry when the kid does something stupid.

It's a pleasant fantasy, I'll give you that.
>>
>>67765004
But Talia a cute.
>>
>>67765021
No you don't get it. The thing about Supes is that he never gives up on humanity.

Zack the Hack has no idea what Superman was about.
>>
>>67765052
Jesus. He's Jor-El's only begotten son sent down to die for our sins.
>>
>>67763258
WB execs need to go.
>>
File: LeguizamoSpawn725F.jpg (51 KB, 520x350) Image search: [Google]
LeguizamoSpawn725F.jpg
51 KB, 520x350
QUIP IT

QUIP IT GOOD

WHEN YOUR MOVIES FUCKING SUCK

YOU MUST QUIP IT
>>
>>67765052
>muh character
>>
>>67765021
>It's a pleasant fantasy, I'll give you that.
Yeah that's what he's supposde to be, he's supposed to be better than us.
>>
>>67763922
Fuck off, there are plenty of quips and jokes in Nolan's Batman trilogy."Nice coat", "Hockey pads" etc.. Humour is how adults communicate, even in desperate situations.

It obviously doesn't have to go for the cringeworthy "DUDE DANCE-OFF LMAO" territory, but only edgy teenagers think everything should be as miserable as BvS.
>>
File: wonder_woman_by_appleghost.jpg (175 KB, 537x750) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman_by_appleghost.jpg
175 KB, 537x750
>>67764273
How to fix DC's problem:

- Get rid of Aquaman. He's just lame, and shit. Think of a new character

- Give Wonder Woman her 2010 design back, and completely rewrite her from scratch so she's no longer some weird half-god thing. Remove all that stupid greek god bullshit from the DC universe, and "magic" too while you're at it. Ground it more in real life and sci-fi, like Marvel. Just delete everything religious or supernatural.

- Depower EVERYONE. Especially superman. Reduce them to cinematic Marvel levels. Superman is just a strong guy who can fly, and can tank small arms fire. But if he gets hit directly with a large bomb? He's going to be seriously wounded, perhaps die. Bring back the tension. Kryptonite no longer exists, and he no longer has that crutch which really destroys any sort of narrative tensions or surprise. No more people flying around at 1000km/h like Dragonball Z firing lasers out of their eyes. It makes it extremely hard to film and do anything with copious usage of CGI.

- Batman just uses a mech suit most of the time when dealing with big supervillains like Doomsday etc so it's believable he'd even be able to keep up with people like Superman and Wonder Woman.

- No idea what to do with Green Lantern. Not sure if he can even be saved at this point. Maybe introduce him later, like Marvel did with Guardians of the Galaxy and the "space" part of their universe.

I don't think anything like this is possible. DC is fucking doomed. Their characters and world just don't work well outside of comic books and cartoons, you'd have to completely rewrite and scrap much existing lore to work in live action movies.
>>
>>67764365
To be fair, I prefer Bohemian Rhapsody to the usual Inception "BWOMP" trailer structure
>>
>>67765028
She's shit generic ass character whose only interesting trait is that she have a cool villain as a father.
>>
>>67765136
>Remove all that stupid greek god bullshit from the DC universe, and "magic" too while you're at it. Ground it more in real life and sci-fi, like Marvel. Just delete everything religious or supernatural.
You done fucked up, boy. Marvel has tons of magic in it.
>>
>>67765153
Doesn't make her any less cute. Also I wouldn't call Ra's cool, he's lame.
>>
>>67765136
But anon. That would make things better. This is comics, improving things goes against their core beliefs.
>>
>>67764365
The Bohemian Rhapsody trailer was great though. I wasn't interested in the film at all until that trailer. Now I am. That's what DC needs to be doing if they want to compete with marvel. Make their comic book movies more enjoyable. No one wants to watch comic book movies for deep or grimdark experiences. It's like taking a bouncy castle and painting it black and saying it's going to be a scary theme park ride.
>>
File: 1459138626734.jpg (51 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1459138626734.jpg
51 KB, 500x667
>>67765136
Anyone beside Batman is crap to be honest. They should rather explore his universe and make movies about The Hatter, Scarface, Riddler, Ivy, Penguine etc.
>>
>muh humor
Let me tell you something. "Critics" are scared and generally too stupid to follow something that goes against conventionality. They need glitz and glamour and hope. They need the American dream neatly wrapped into 90 minutes. This is not what BvS is about. It is a kinomatic piece of cinema that deals with real issues and real people. Critics don't want this, they want to dream, like children. Their idea of 'cinema' is a corrosion of the worst kind, it dumbs down the whole world with infantile culture, where grown men are celebrating Star Wars and Avengers late into their 20's.
>>
>>67765176
Not in the movies, which is what is relevant
>>
>>67765136

they should stick to ANIMATED movies

kiddies love Lego batman and manchildren love the animated movies like Assault on Arkham and normies love the Arkham games, while no one on earth likes the live action movies
>>
>>67765224
>Not in the movies
Doctor Strange. This year.
>>
>>67765136
I think Aquaman is fine, he's just got a shit online rep. I agree superman needs to be de-powered a fair bit and Wonder Woman needs a new back story.
>>
>>67765220
top kek

what a deluded manchildren

pasta or not but kill yourself
>>
File: 1458741920808.gif (457 KB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1458741920808.gif
457 KB, 390x293
>>67765216
2 different Movies about Deathstroke and Teen Titans would probably be a good idea. Then a crossover movie where Teen Titans fight Deathstroke. at least if they havent fucked up their canon already.
>>
>>67765232
Alright consider me told then

unless it flops, in which case I'll be right
>>
File: Batman_&_robin_poster.jpg (23 KB, 259x385) Image search: [Google]
Batman_&_robin_poster.jpg
23 KB, 259x385
DC will literally never learn.

>"Joel Schumacher's tongue-in-cheek attitude hits an unbearable limit in Batman & Robin, resulting in a frantic and mindless movie that's too jokey to care much for."[32] On Metacritic, the film achieved an average score of 28 out of 100 based on 21 reviews, signifying "generally unfavorable reviews".[33]

It's going to be Batman & Robin all over again. There's a reason that Batman films are more serious than Marvel's.
>>
OH MY GOD YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT CAPESHIT

YOU CHILDISH FUCKING FAGGOTS

SORRY ABOUT CAPS LOCK MY KEYBOARD IS FUCKED

HAVE A LOVELY DAY
>>
>>67764149
Political jokes are fucking lame

Imagine someone watching that movie 15 years from now and theit reaction to half the jokes are 'what? Who?'
>>
>>67765220
Amornd White kill yourself
>>
>>67765136
1.Batman movie franchise where he is wearing an Ironman-tier suit the entire time.
Metallic suits look more realistic when CGI'd.
2. Ben Affleck would be fine for that role.
3. Snyder needs to GTFO
4. Remove all dark edgy vibe.
5. Jon Favreau as the ideal director. Jews know better how to direct fun shit.
>>
>>67765260
It won't flop, it's gonna be great. I'm more excited for it than for Civil War at least.
>>
>>67765270
Capeshit is all the board cares about, go back to r/movies
>>
File: 1457900296236.jpg (36 KB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
1457900296236.jpg
36 KB, 255x320
>>67765224
>what are Scarlet Witch powers?
>>
>>67765277
Hitler is still funny though.
>>
>>67765266
I want Poison Uma to sit on my face!
>>
>>67765321
mutant/sci-fi derived
>>
Nolan had the right idea with the DC universe, based on capeshit but with minimum capeshit elements and more action or thriller elements.

Going full capeshit is working fine for Marvel, but DC should not try and rip them off, that always ends in a desaster.
>>
>literally invented capeshit
>suck at making movies about it
>>
>>67765472
It's not like the people who did the inventing are around anymore.
>>
>BvS was too serious
>FUCK GUYS TIME FOR DAMAGE CONTROL
lmao
>>
Poor Ayer getting fucked over the second time in a row by execs.

And it'll be him getting shit on by the critics and fans.
>>
>>67765498
>DAMAGE CONTROL
Well they are called DC.
>>
File: 1423057002593.jpg (64 KB, 543x561) Image search: [Google]
1423057002593.jpg
64 KB, 543x561
>>67765514
>>
>>67763327
>Just Batman and Superman

Nah, everyone knows who Aquaman, Flash and Wonder Woman are too. Then you get the ones that are about as known as Marvel like Green Arrow, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>67765545
>Captain Marvel
Surely you mean Shazam, lest you want a lawsuit on your hands.
>>
>>67764149
>implying they wouldn't all be voting for him
>>
>>67763291
Batman and Superman are.
The rest have been parodied and meme'd about so much in our culture that no one takes them seriously.
>>
at the end of the day both dc and marvel and comic books and cartoons in general are for fat virgin manchildren. pls kill yourselves
>>
>>67764149
made me check
>>
>>67765545
rest of the world here

Nobody knows any other JL character that is not Batman or Supes
Dc wasn't even published in my country (other than Vertigo and Batman)
People now know Flash and Green arrow for CW series. maybe someone remember Cyborg from Teen Titans: anyone else is a literally who
>>
>>67765567

There is no lawsuit problem, it was settled years ago but DC basically just threw up their hands at the character's messy history and opted to call him Shazam from now on.
>>
>>67765266
but this was a good movie
>>
>>67763258
Its fucking infuriating if you think about it. Those fuckers ruined some parts of the movie with shoe-horned META human shit and Justice Leage setups which felt completely out of place.
And they're gonna ruin future movies even more by pandering to fucking critics and adding more "fun" to perfect Snyder dark and realistic saga.
>>
>>67765682

I think that's a pretty rare opinion desu senpai
>>
>>67763258
AKA getting redditized
>>
Wait, so a movie with Harley Quinn wasn't funny to begin with. DC are failing so hard. Reboot the DCCU when?
>>
>>67763909
That's stupid.

Marvel movies are far more "authentic" to the comics than DC. Most comics are colorful, funny, and brainless.
>>
>>67765975
Batman comics have been much more black humor and "everything fucking sucks" since a while ago desu
>>
>>67766025
I have a batman comic from 1981 where he fights a fucking Werewolf.

I will take a pic of it and post it here if you demand proof.
>>
>>67766107
That's 45 years ago family
>>
>>67763349
Only if you've played Arkham series or watched any DC animations, wouldn't call that normie.
>>
>>67765954

People I think fai lto realize that almost all action/adventure movies even with a "dark" tone have bits of humor in them, I don't know why Marvel gets singled out.

Heck BvS had it's own little jokes too, Perry's reaction Clark's article, every time Alfred laments Bruce's lack of a normal social life.
>>
JUST QUIP MY SHIT UP
>>
>>67765203
>no one wants deep/dark comic movies
Are you fucking joking? Let me guess, you think Batman TBATB was a good show. Fuck you, I bet you don't even read comics.
>>
>>67766361
Are you implying that TBATB is deep and dark?
>>
>>67766409
How did you think that? Read his post then read mine. He said comic based media should be fun and not dark, I asked if he thought tbatb was good (it's not, it's shitty and light hearted + for kids).
>>
>>67763258

This is what happens when people bitch that BvS was too dark.

I bet if it was light and funny like most MCU films, they'd bitch it was a rip-off.

Film Critics are dogshit, just for this reason alone.
>>
File: excellent.gif (950 KB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
excellent.gif
950 KB, 297x168
SO HOL *quip* UP

YAAAAAAA *quip* SAAYYAAN

*smacks quips profusely*

WE *quip* SOMUHHH *quip*

KIN*quip*DUHHH *quip*

SUICIIIIIIII *quip* SKWUHHH?
>>
>>67763291
What you're seeing with WB fucking up its DC franchises so badly is basically a lesson in why capitalism sometimes fucks itself in its own ass.

Design by committee is awful. Imagine some job you had, and imagine some insufferable retard lady you worked with at that job. How fucking stupid and clueless and incompetent she was at everything. Now imagine there are six of those in a boardroom trying to have real opinions about what director would be best for a Superman movie, and saying things like
>We need something that brings in the Toy Story audience.
that you're not even sure what the fuck they really mean, but people keep nodding like it means shit. Then some old dude starts talking and you're like, thank fucking god, finally something with a penis, finally some common sense, and he says
>We need a big name. Someone the kids will love. Who is the most hashtagged male celebrity right now? Marketing told me Twitter is big.

Every single thing has to be vetted by a thousand people like this. Every time you get a unique authorial voice, someone with an ounce of actual vision or appreciation or ANYTHING that might result in a movie not made out of styrofoam, it gets immediately lost in a thousand other ideas like this from stupid broads and random idiots and hyper-redundant design committees.

WB is so fucking terrified of not replicating Marvel's "magic in a bottle," because they think they smell blood in the water ("superhero movies are licenses to print money, they're big right now!"), that they can't take ANY chances. They can't give artists with vision room to exercise that vision. Every single thing has to be designed by a board meeting full of stupid cunts and out-of-touch retards, trying to catch the magic by going "HE WAS WEARING MICHAEL BAY PANTS WHEN HE CAUGHT THE LIGHTNING, GET ME SOME MICHAEL BAY PANTS, OH FUCK WE DON'T HAVE ANY? GET ME A MICHAEL BAY ANALOGUE THEN, THAT MUST BE THE KEY!!!"
>>
>>67766025
And what comic does Man of Steel resemble?
>>
The "problem" with DC movies is that Marvel has set a bland, lame precedent for capeshit movies. What started as kind of grounded, sassy Iron Man movies has exploded into Avengers running at each other in an empty airport quipping at each other while a man kidnapped into being a space bounty hunter is doing Micahel Jackson moves to kill power hungry aliens
>>
File: EPIC FAIL.png (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EPIC FAIL.png
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>67763258
>>
>>67767049
that was 4 days ago
>>
david ayer getting cucked
>>
File: 13085.jpg (35 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
13085.jpg
35 KB, 300x226
>>67763406
motherfuckin Calendar Man
>>
Fucking idiot critics are ruining movies, Marvel's "lol metajoke" movies are garbage, BvS was great
>>
>>67763258
There will be jokes, kids! Cause killer croc can certainly say fart jokes and what not hey?
Will we have "what do they call us already? Shom kinda shoe shine squat team?"
>>
>>67766906
Guardians is the best space opera we've gotten in the last decade, it's any but bland. The dancing scene was stupid, sure; get over it.
>>
>>67763258
This is pathetic as fuck
Not that I expected anything more from capeshits
>>
>>67766782

This analogy is way too specific
>>
>>67766906

>The problem with DC is that Marvel is so successful at doing whatever they want

Sounds about right
>>
>>67767280
>Guardians is the best space opera we've gotten in the last decade

Not for much longer senpai
>>
>>67763365
The best Superman story is red son. DC should say fuck it to a connected universe and just make elseworlds movies at this point.
>>
>>67767913
This, Red Son is the only truly great superman story
>>
>>67763376
Wonder Woman is Iconic, that's indisputable.
>>
>>67764000
They'll prob come out with some LGBT character like Danny the Street
>>
Why do people bindly believe whatever rumor made up by a single blog?
>>
>>67767938
I would pay to see Russian Batman arrogantly jihad himself instead of being captured on a movie screen.
>>
>>67767280
DUDE TALKING RACCOON LMAO
>>
>>67768114
Holy shit Bill Wilson get
>>
>>67763365

It's kind of interesting that all the best Superman comics are never part of his canon, serialized monthly comic but stand-alone or non-canon stuff like All Star Superman, Red Son, Kingdom Come, etc..
>>
>>67764918

So you admit that they are shitty character?
>>
how about they stop making comic book movies
>>
>>67763258
So they're going to turn it into another Batman and Robin.
>>
>>67763939

Why do people act as if Marvel has a formula? They literally just do whatever they want. We got a fucking Antman movie. Antman. I didn't even know that was a superhero before
>>
>>67765136
These ideas would make all problems 10X worse.
>>
>>67768181
It's easier to make a self contained story where you control everything and aren't limited to an ending. In a lot of these good tales characters frequently die. You can't do this in the main storyline.
>>
>>67768275

While I despise capeshit, it does seem that Marvel is at least aware of what capeshit is

DC:
>those Nolan movies made a lot of money and they were pretty grim and srs. Clearly people watched them because they were grim and srs
Marvel:
>we're making movies about flying people in tights who punch each other
>>
>>67765004
> generic minor character

So generic that she was made the main villian of Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>67768337

Yes DCs problem is that they are literally Plankton. They believe there is a magic formula that somehow turns everything into gold. They think Nolan or Marvel movies had some secret trick to them or one single spice that makes them magic gold shitters and tries to copy them.

The reality is just that Nolan and and whoever is behind the Marvel movied just told exactly the story they wanted, regardless of what the audience thinks. There is no magic fool proof formula, only success and people trying to copy it.
>>
>>67765266
Am I the only one who thought Alicia Silverstone was so... derpy?
>>
Why didn't they just add a laugh track?
>>
>>67764961
>Whereas Marvel has relateable real human characters

You mean the comics right?
>>
>>67763406
>z-tier
who? you cant be talkin about Croc can you?
>>67763451
Ostranders run was pretty fucking funny man, also the boomerang/slipknot thing was already teased in one of the trailers
>>
>>67764918
so its a bad thing to want to achieve somthing more?
>>
>>67766801

All Star Superman
>>
>>67767280
>Guardians is the best space opera we've gotten in the last decade

lol, even Jupiter's Ascending was a better space opera. Guardians was just bland as fuck, like, if somebody watched Star Wars once and thought he can do this too, without actually understanding what made Star Wars great
>>
>>67766782
David Ayer? Big fan man. A little confused by the Max Landis movie you're doing next but I'm assuming that's because Netflix gave you total creative freedom whereas S.S. was a miserable experience (and continues to be) with WB
>>
>>67768935
0/10
>>
>>67768337
>we're making movies about flying people in tights who punch each other

If you would apply this rule to the comics, most of the most revered and critically acclaimed superhero comics would've never been made
>>
>>67763258
>too scared to do an R-rating even after Deadpool
>reshoots literal months before release

I almost feel bad for DCucks at this point.
>>
>>67768955

At least Jupiter's Ascending had some balls to do something original despite all of its flaws, which can't be said about Guardians. And Guardians just doesn't have that "epic" scale that good space operas need
>>
>>67763357
Man.. you don't know shit about trends at all.
>>
>>67764273
Yeah, GL is so majestic. Can't wait for Plastic Man.
>>
File: 1459286183588.png (110 KB, 633x568) Image search: [Google]
1459286183588.png
110 KB, 633x568
>>67763258
>>
>>67763258
why they made a trailer different from what the movie is? for BvS they revealed all the twists in the trailer. they are bad at marketing and making movies.
>>
File: 1459175856261.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459175856261.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>67763258
They did the same thing with the new Fantastic 4 movie lol
>>
File: 1445186567157.jpg (32 KB, 244x225) Image search: [Google]
1445186567157.jpg
32 KB, 244x225
>>67769122
>this is what marvelmanchildren actually believe
>>
>>67768896
not that anon, but, while i agree Man of Steel does resemble All Star Superman, the film in no way elevated the material. the movie just took what it liked best - basically the speech about hope and some other details - and ran them through a really bad cliche grinder to create a mess of a film with, in the end, a muddled message. the Superman in MoS and All Star barely even resemble each other and is leagues away from the BvS one. i really think Snyder shit the bed with characterization,but it's all about preference. some prefer darker Supes. i prefer All Star Supes. it's a really great series.
>>
>>67768427
>Marvel movied just told exactly the story they wanted, regardless of what the audience thinks

How the fuck can you believe this when the accounts of people like Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Ed Norton, Kenneth Branagh, Edgar Wright etc. all say the complete opposite? Marvel is cancer to visionary directors and actors who actually give a shit about their characters,
>>
This is one of those movies where i could see more humor working. Most of the characters have humorous sides to them anyway
>>
>>67767280
Let's take cheap Stark Trek-esque character designs and have then engage in bland playground humour.
>>
File: villains36.jpg (532 KB, 750x896) Image search: [Google]
villains36.jpg
532 KB, 750x896
>>67765603
>>
>Reboot Batman
>Gloss over origin because everyone knows it, show Bruce (Scott Adkins) fumbling a bit like Year One. Being vulnerable adds a lot to the character.
>Villain is the Mad Hatter, played by Crispin Glover
>A Novice Batman is put to the test when a young girl named Alice is taken hostage by a demented child molester named Jervis Tetch who calls himself the Mad Hatter. Believing himself to be a part of a storybook, the Hatter ensares the Bat inside of his madness while the girls life hangs in the balance.
>Noir like Batman movie with Alice and Wonderland theme
>Make the fights believable
>Everything can be dark without being edgy
>?
>Profit
>>
>>67767869
I have no idea what this is but im infinitely more interested in it than BvS and SS. thanks anon
>>
File: 1458876393449.png (116 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1458876393449.png
116 KB, 228x260
Guess WB didn't like BvS too much.
>>
>>67763258
If Batman and Superman coexist, now knowing Metropolis is literally across the bridge, why didnt Superman ever take care of the Criminal while Bruce was hurt/away from Gotham?
>>
>>67769204
Marvel movies aren't made by directors, actors or writers, but by a company. It's basically an assembly line for extremely formulaic movies. The people behind it don't really matter, as they're just factory workers rather than artists.
>>
File: Clipboard.jpg (729 KB, 2720x1536) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard.jpg
729 KB, 2720x1536
>>67763258
https://youtu.be/gYKeQczkFfM?list=LLjXIscsnxsrQJk0YOsKcdGg
>>
>>67769363
Yeah man they need a visionary like Zack Synder or Nolan
>>
File: antje_traue.jpg (23 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
antje_traue.jpg
23 KB, 213x320
>>67765136
>fire Gal Gadot
>replace her with based Antje as Wonder Woman
>keep Zach Snyder as far from the script as possible- keep him on board as a senior producer or cinematographer.
>now you have a pretty good stand alone wonder woman movie

>give Batfleck his own stand centered around Robins' death
>should be good
>two solid stand alones in a row now

>use momentum to carry into a decent Flash or Latern movie
>doesn't have to be great- Batman/Supes/WW are the ones that have to carry JL

>nobody cares about Aquaman
>consider making this a side movie with the Justice League B listers
>maybe the quest to find/revive Supes
>the point is at the end to have all the pieces in place for a complete JL movie

But most importantly fucking axe Gal Gadot
>>
>>67769294
Luc Besson's upcoming adaptation of Jean-Claude Mézières' Valerian comics, which were already a huge inspiration for The Fifth Element.
>>
>>67768337
to be fair though everything became grimdark. even disney princess werent safe from this wave

though they could have stopped, i feel like they are trying to keep pace with marvel while also making kids movies for adults
>>
>>67763258
>It is all over.

No, this is the beginning to DC start to make great movies
>>
File: 751965.jpg (171 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
751965.jpg
171 KB, 600x901
>this is what DCucks want us to take seriously
>>
>>67769518
>"I get Asia? Fuck you!"
>>
File: Bruce-Timm.jpg (29 KB, 407x406) Image search: [Google]
Bruce-Timm.jpg
29 KB, 407x406
>>67763291
Because they don't have this guy in charge. No really he's the only qualified person to be running DCEU.
>>
Why does nobody talk about the bug people?

Were they not visible in the camrip?

Because there were bug people
>>
>>67764392
desu
>>
>>67766678
3/10 very poorly neo-memed. Remember: the only good neo-meme is an epic neo-meme.
>>
>>67769518
I would love if they made a Superman and Batman movie based off one of those silly covers (that always featured something that never actually happened in the comic's story).
>>
File: Carpenter.jpg (308 KB, 841x743) Image search: [Google]
Carpenter.jpg
308 KB, 841x743
>>67763406
We need the cutest villain then!
>>
>>67769385
Marvel movies would actually be better if directed by people like Edgar Wright with the same creative freedom as Nolan.
>>
File: 1459454076936.jpg (194 KB, 587x800) Image search: [Google]
1459454076936.jpg
194 KB, 587x800
>>67769689
>>
File: baldwin.gif (717 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
baldwin.gif
717 KB, 250x180
>reshooting a movie 4 months before it comes out
What kind of moron thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: batman39-var.jpg (151 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
batman39-var.jpg
151 KB, 640x984
>>67769518
God, I wish they would, but the reality is that they want this grimdark shit to be taken seriously, because they mistake a twelve-year-old's concept of "edgy" for maturity.

At least that campy shit had a lot of sincerity and a sense of fun to it, unlike this cynical garbage. It's like comics have regressed into the fucking 90s again.
>>
>>67768710
Enchantress is actually the villain of the film.
>>
>>67769773
I think I have read the japanese version of this
>>
>>67763406
Batman Returns had a z-list Batman villain. Penguin was nothing before that movie.

I think his origin prior to the movie was he liked birds because his mom had a bird shop when he was a kid.
>>
>>67764997
Only difference is Marvel manages to put their lesser known superheros in a good light and make them likeable. Like Ant-man, Hawkeye, black panther, etc.
DC has Justice League which they are sadly rushing in with, because they know they're behind Marvel on the capeshit train. They have Teen Titans, sadly most of the iconic villains are Batman villains. Marvel has the same problem, the only relevant villains they have atm is Loki and Thanos if I remember right.
>>
>>67763406

The Long Halloween is god in earth, bettera apologize you cunt.
>>
>>67769818
You would have liked Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA
>>
>>67763939
>why do people act like the Marvel formula of doing comic book movies is the only "right" way?

Because it's wildly successful and has made billions. Relatively obscure Marvel characters are as successful as top tier DS movie characters.
>>
>>67763291
>>67763291
>their superheroes are far more iconic than anything Marvel has?

they only have two of those... the rest are literally made by 9 year olds.
>>
>>67769938
This, Marvel does things right. They build things up. They're not pretencious and try to make some deep political movie. And this is coming from someone who hasnt seen a marvel movie since Avengers 1
>>
>>67769895
He was a pretty well-known Batman villain before that, though, most likely thanks to his iconic depiction by Burgess Meredith in the 1966 series.
Same happened with the Riddler, who had barely appeared in the comics until that show came along.
>>
>>67769938
To be fair, Nolan made three very successful Batman films, and none of them were like anything Marvel produces.

But at the same time, I think you have a point. Fact is, we live in a world where people like Ant-Man and The Guardians of Galaxy better than Man of Steel, a Superman movie. And Zack Synder, although he's tried to continue what Nolan started, just isn't Nolan, and it just isn't working.

They need to do something different, whether that's "copy Marvel" or something else entirely.
>>
>>67769928
Not just "would". I do like that show a lot.
Great way to showcase a lot of the more obscure and weird DC characters.
It also had what may be the most surprisingly tragic version of Batman's origin story.
>>
>>67763291

because they stray away from the comics in their adaptions, just look at the new Superman, he's nothing like the comics

Marvel just slaps their shit on the big screen and people who enjoy the comics tend to enjoy the movies

WB/DC tries to be original with their adaptions, some like it, some don't
>>
Here's a good example, beside Joker, Harley and maybe Deadshot, who gives a shit or even knows who the other villains of Sudoku Squad is? They're just not iconic. Most people would rather see villains like Deathstroke, Bane(proper version), Deadshot, Joker, Black Mask, Two-Face, etc. Those villains are good on the big screen.
>>
>>67770024
Burgess Meredith gave him a boost in popularity, but honestly that had faded long before Batman Returns.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Penguin
>After the success of the Batman TV series, Penguin's popularity soared and he was featured in almost as many comics during that time as Joker.
>Sadly, DC went under new management and Penguin stories stopped being published (only two were made during a ten year period).
>>
>>67763937
true. the Martian had some of the worst humor I have ever seen in a film.

That movie has absolutely no replay value to me.
>>
>>67770314
Which is why they put a famous actor in one of the lesser known ones: aka the Will of the Smith
>>
>>67770216
Maybe they should have just started with a straightforward Justice League film in the style of classic "men on a mission"-movies and then branch out into solo movies where they go into the individual characters in more detail.
>>
>>67770216
True, but Nolan's Batman was set in a "realistic" universe. Its a universe where Superman wouldnt and couldnt exist. Nolan also managed to have a playful tone, it wasnt too dark and even had some humor in it, between Alfred and Bruce, like it should be. Fox was great too.
>>
>>67763258

Suicide Squad now officially on Suicide Watch

Trips confirm
>>
>>67770360
Yeah but what about the rest of the squad? Nobody cares. Even WB doesnt care, if you look at the trailer the main focus is Harley>Joker>Deadshot>rest of the squad. It doesnt need to be a suicide squad movie
>>
>>67768787

if they want to achieve something more, why choose comic adaptions as a vehicle?

oh that's right, brand recognition, trend and money

it's fucking retarded, either adapt the comics true or don't

don't try to make comics into something they're not
>>
>>67769598
they have their Kevin Feige right there, and they chose Goyer and Snyder. WBDC really are dumb fucks.
>>
>>67770437

I had one job, ONE JOB DAMMIT
>>
>>67769275
cool
>>
>>67764273

it would be heroic and grand if they adapted the comics instead of trying to make it something more than it is

JL is gonna be 7 characters all behaving like Batman, brooding and being angsty about the world because WB can't contain themselves
>>
>>67770405
Well they tried to do realistic Superman and wound up with "Superman is 9/11."
>>
>>67770385
Or just build it up. Sure have a Batman v Superman movie, but dont shoehorn in other heros, at least keep it subtle. You dont need Wonderwoman or doomsday in that movie.
>>
>now its over
>not when they put fucking queen in the trailer
Go back to imdb, /b/ movie buff
>>
>>67770534
This. Kinda sad because characters like The Flash tend to be a more playful funny character.
>>
>>67765052
>literally makes superman jesus/god
>"what a hack! Superman is supposed to never give up on humanity!"

wat
>>
>>67769023

who the fuck cares if something is original when it's literally worse than cancer?

this "hurr durr atleast it's new" meme needs to end
>>
>>67770385
They really needed to get Superman working. The fact that Man of Steel got "mixed reviews" at best should have been a sign that maybe they try launching their "cinematic universe" another way.

And the reason it didn't work was because they tried to do a "Nolan Superman" (and without Nolan). You know what people really liked? The 1978 Superman. It was a light-hearted film full of action and humor, and Superman was this paragon, you know? Superman also doesn't punch anyone in that film if I remember right, and he doesn't need to for it to be a good movie.

They should have done a Superman movie where he saves people. You can see they tried to make up for it with this one but, I dunno, the damage was kind of already done.
>>
>>67765136
Snyder literally cries for you
>>
>>67770534
is WB still committing to a full-on JL after this?
>>
>>67763922
Fuck off, Nolan's Batman trilogy is better than every capeshit movie that has come out within the last decade.
>>
>>67767280
This is true but gotg is barely a superhero film so what's your point?
>>67768935
shit b8, made me reply
>>
>>67770216

i think what Nolan did worked because it was Batman he did it with

if Snyder is so stupid he thought he could do the same with Superman i feel sorry for DC
>>
>>67766782
Hello David Ayer, how are the reshoots going? Are Warner Bros. going to have Zack Snyder killed?
>>
>>67770405
It reminds me of how everyone in the late 80s misunderstood what made Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns good. They only saw the superficial elements, the violence, the darkness and all that, so they copied that, which gave birth to the horrible "dark age of comics" in the 90s. They completely failed to see that all the grim shit in those comics was merely a means to an end, not an end in itself.

I believe the same thing happened here. Everyone was just going on about how Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were realistic and dark, and now studios like WB are under the impression that those are the only things they need to make a movie like this, completely ignoring why those films really worked.

Similarly, the whole "let's replicate the panels of comics as closely as possible and it'll be a faithful adaptation" approach that was started with Sin City often forgets that it was only appropriate for that particular movie, because the original comics in that case were already fairly cinematic and hommages to film noir.
It a really lazy, superficial way to adapt anything most of the time.
>>
>>67770816
Pretty much.
>>
>>67767869
>luc besson
>not a hack
pick one
>>
>>67770871
Yep. Batman vs Superman is the movie equivalent of a Liefeld comic.
>>
>>67770816
Very true. Also putting Batman in a realistic universe works great because most of the iconic villains are gangsters or gangster-like. Which means you get a lot of great heist scenes, you get the "cleaning up the streets/Gotham" purpose of the movie. Also saving Bane for the last movie was clever, he's the only one physically stronger than Batman.
>>
File: 1451728638432.jpg (111 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451728638432.jpg
111 KB, 768x1024
>>67763258
>mfw Justice League movie is a reboot
>>
>>67770752

WB will never stop chasing the Marvel money

i want DC to succeed to be honest, but not with this dark gritty style they got going now

i want it to be lighthearted like the comics, except for Batman, his true nature is dark, not the rest of their gallery

people are afraid to want that and humor in DC these days because all they think is quips, but one has to remember that most of the Marvel movies has Iron Man, one of the quippiest characters in the cinematic universe and Joss Whedon, the quip master.

there are many shades of humor, but DC has almost none of them
>>
>>67763258
Fucking knew it. When the BvS reviews started coming in, one of my first thoughts were "they're gonna shit their pants and start meddling in the upcoming movies".

I imagine they're gonna go for a "Deadpool ripoff" feel.
>>
>>67770714
I agree completely. He is the Man of Tomorrow, after all. A symbol of hope and mankind's potential.
It seems to me that nowadays, only people who hate Superman get to decide what Superman should be. "He's such a lame boy scout and all those powers make him boring, because he wins every fight immediately. Also he's a pussy for not killing his villains," is what they're basically saying, and that attitude resulted in Man of Steel.
>>
>>67763258
>According to this site that has never been right

JUST
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.