[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking snooze fest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
Fucking snooze fest.
>>
>>67757798
Couldn't stay awake for a few hours? Get some sleep grandma.
>>
>>67757822
I got plenty of sleep during this trash.
>>
>>67757798
Only if art is boring to you
>>
File: Fisk.jpg (403 KB, 1517x854) Image search: [Google]
Fisk.jpg
403 KB, 1517x854
>>67757884
I'm not very good at this, out, being in public. But I felt the need to speak up for this board that I love with all my heart. No one should have to live in fear. In fear of madmen who have no regard for who they injure. In fear of the Bane, who has inflicted untold pain and suffering. This masked terrorist and psychopaths of his kind, we must show them we will not bow down to their campaign of coercion and intimidation. We must stand up to them. As this man, my dearest friend, Bill Wilson, a pillar in the financial community, stood up when he was recently assaulted. But this assault was for no other reason than to send me a message. A message warning me to stop. To give up my dream that I have for this board. A dream of a better place. A place for its citizens to feel safe. To feel pride. I tried to do this quietly, not wanting to draw attention. The last thing I wanted was for anyone close to me to become a target from those who do not share my dream. For those who will have this board stay exactly as it is, mired in reddit and memes. But I know now it was foolish to make that decision. That I can no longer do it alone. That I cannot keep living in the shadows afraid of the light. None of us can. None of us should be forced to. We must do this together. We must resist those who would have us live in fear. My name is Wilson Fisk. And together, we can make this board a better place.
>>
>>67758016
That's a big post
here's a (you)
>>
>>67757798
Thanks pleb. Anything else to add?
>>
>>67757798
It's for people in touch with the real world.
>>
>>67757822
Good thing this movie has two hours of boring, shitty writing and directing before Batman and Superman finally fight each other.
>>
>>67758065
My cineIQ is higher than yours
You will never reach authenticity like I have, video game sensibilities
>>
>>67758160
That's a very Jewy post. Are you a Disney executive?
>>
>>67758047
Thank you, Wesley.
>>
>>67757798
it was boring. i've always said that's a movie's biggest sin but somehow i can't hate it. i really liked it.
the pleb runs too strong in my veins.
what can one man do.
>>
>Beautifully shot.
>Impressive attention to detail.
>Stellar, emotional performances.
>Complex subtext.
>Brings up important social, political, and spiritual issues of today.

stay pleb
>>
>>67758575
t. cinema embryo
>>
>>67758611
>Not recognizing pure kino
Go back to watching mindless quipfests, Vera
>>
File: authentic-tv.jpg (318 KB, 2404x845) Image search: [Google]
authentic-tv.jpg
318 KB, 2404x845
>>67758643
You first cinema embryo
>>
>>67758663
No wonder you keep calling people embryos, don't you have a fucking abacus to play with, Mable?
Go charge your life alert and get out of this thread.
>>
>>67758715
Is that your best defense for being a plebeian masquerading as someone with taste?
>>
>>67758755
>Calling anyone out on tastes
>Openly tearing down a movie that was too deep for him
Look, I get it. You didn't understand the subtlety that was presented to you and it's left you a little frustrated. Couldn't just turn your mind off for this one and walk away happy. Or maybe you only want to watch films that leave you feeling happy, but clearly you're misunderstanding something fundamental.
>>
>>67758816
I asked you a question, iqlet

Is that your best defense for being a plebeian masquerading as someone with taste?
>>
>>67757798
DUDE IT'S 2DEEP4U MUH BIBLICAL THEMES HAHA MARVEL BTFO HAHAHAHA XD MUH PATRICIAN CAPESHIT FUN IS FOR FAGS LOL
>>
>>67758575
>>Beautifully shot.
>>Impressive attention to detail.
>>Stellar, emotional performances.
>>Complex subtext.
>>Brings up important social, political, and spiritual issues of today.
>stay pleb

kill. your. self.
>>
>>67758985
lmao are you ok dude
>>
>>67758985
Corey stroking out
>>
>What's the oldest lie on /tv/, Anon?

That Lex Luthor behaving like The Joker wasn't intentional.

The entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comicbook lore since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, and everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.

Superman is Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, The White Rabbit/Bugs Bunny, the Classical hero.
Batman is Ahab, a vampire, Lancelot, Charles Foster Kane, Dr. Bill Hartford, John the Baptist, the tortured soul seeking redemption.
Doomsday is a fire-breathing dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, Mordred, the monster inside oneself.
The Kryptonite spear is Excalibur, Longinus, Zeus' thunderbolt, Ahab's harpoon, Zorro's rapier, Alexander the Great's sword, dispassionate power and judgement.
Lex is The Joker, The Mad Hatter, Elmer Fudd, Oedipus, Icharus, Salome, the Tragic cynic.
There are many comparisons with the Nolan trilogy because this film embraces it as part of the mythos too. For instance, the Batmobile scene culminates in Batman running into Superman, while in the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham football team's uniform is the same color in both films. Rachel Dawes and Lois Lane are dropped from a skyscraper. The interrogation scenes of The Joker and Luthor are accentuated in one case because of its physical violence and in the other because of the lack thereof.
It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.

(1/2)
>>
>>67759763
The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face, the red graffiti on Superman's monument, and his slashed cheek, not to mention the nods to internet culture and memes (4U CIA). It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

The fact that not a single character behaved the way fanboys expected just proves the point that all this was intentional (for instance, Alfred isn't a butler and Lois isn't a lady).

(2/2)
>>
>>67759779
>Lois isn't a lady
She seemed like a woman to me, Andy.
>>
>>67758985
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little DCuck quip and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" Problematic Evans, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about how the first capekinography in history completely flew over your head. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Marveldrone NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "DKEKS BTFO PRETENTIOUS TRASH." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...
>>
>BVS
more like BRB I gotta go to the bathroom again
>>
>>67759881
Going to the bathroom to jack it to Snyder's kino?
>>
Saw it yesterday. Grew up reading my brother's Marvel collection. Not super into capeshit but I do generally enjoy it and am somewhat of a Joss cuck, but jesus, RT's consensus is fucking ridiculous, a 6/10 shouldn't be equated with paul blart
>>
>>67759763
>>67759779

I wouldn't go so far as to give this movie all this credit, as this seems to be one of those revelations that audiences get on their own accord and the creators go "ah yes, of course" to, but I went into this movie with crazy low expectations from all this backlash and I came out happy and even impressed. It's cool to me that we've reached this place with superhero movies where we're no longer satisfied with the canon, and we're no longer interested in the issues that created heroes. This film's Batman is probably my favorite film Batman. It wasn't subtle and it wasn't even really done all that well but I liked his rage and his callous cruelty and the implications that came from it, though since we spent so much time resolving Superman's whole "good can't be powerful" quandary, I wish we could have spent half as much time on Batman's morals. All we knew is that Superman didn't like it, and other characters went out of their way to not give a shit about it. And I guess now he's making a Justice League and everything's okay now.
and Wonder Woman and her dumb guitar riff theme song weren't all that cool either. Lex Luthor would have been better if he wasn't so jokery all the time. Like a few moments of depravity or general facade breaking would have done his character good

overall it's not a great movie, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I'd watch a director's cut.
>>
>>67757798
Fuck off marvelcuck
>>
>>67760137
I agree that the movie is not bottom of the barrel terrible, though calling it mediocre is perhaps too kind.

Because it sort of fails at setting up the mythos for the upcoming Justice League movie. As you said, too much is spent on Superman without a real conflict between Batman and him, which takes a lot away. That plus the other meta-humans being sort of there to prove they exist and will come back.

My opinion is that it was foremost meant as an answer from DC to Marvel with regards to Avengers. By trying to be DC's equivalent, it loses itself in too many plotlines and a jittery Luthor that seems to channel Loki.

And really, if DC needs a Director's cut to reach the objective of a long running film series, then its a swing and a miss.
>>
>>67760386
yeah, its main issues could probably be chalked up to the scope that it was attempting to create.
I don't doubt that if it had spent as much time on Batman Vs. Superman as it did building a franchise it might have been a damn good superhero movie.
though, credit to Snyder, dude can make some superhero action. The actual Batman Vs. Superman fight and Batman taking out every dude in the warehouse (that chokeslam!!) was incredibly entertaining to me. Doomsday fight, not so much.
>>
>>67759830
>I'm not a lady, I'm a journalist.
>>
Why is it that /tv/ make Snyder look like some kind of subtle genius whose messages are what the audience never "gets"?
>>
>>67760500
Because it's the truth.
>>
>>67757798
agreed. it was more boring than TDK
>>
>>67757798
Kill yourself
>>
>>67760500
Because they're pretentious gimps and clashing with popular opinion feeds their confirmation bias that they're more intellectual than other people.

Have you ever look at one of FA's waywt threads? Ever seen how pathetic and retarded they look, despite how hard they try to be fashionable? Same thing.
>>
>>67760386
>my option is that it was foremost meant as an answer from DC to Marvel with regards to Avengers
Wew interesting opinion, you might be onto something
>>
>>67758016
Speaking of deaths and other tiggering material https://youtu.be/bKW5025vHl0
>>
>>67760964
It is obvious, yes. But the point is that it was made by the numbers, not by looking to create a coherent story.

Everything Marvel did has to be done better:
You got Hulk? We have Doomsday.
You have Thor flying around? Here is Superman casually breaking the sound barrier.
You have Loki bring in an army? Here is Luthor bringing in Darkseid.
You have Captain America? Here is Batman taking on an armed platoon bare-handed and being defeated by superhuman foes.
You have Black Widow? We have Wonder Woman.
You have a funny movie? Here comes a smart, darker, more realistic movie.

It does not create, it copies. It being an answer is the focus, not the consequence of the success.
>>
>>67757798
Hi Disney
>>
File: 1455513850114.png (138 KB, 700x674) Image search: [Google]
1455513850114.png
138 KB, 700x674
>>67757798
I know Mr Snyder has good intentions and all, but I felt as if it was trying to directly copy a comic book so I understand the authenticity.
But when he decides to use Dmitri Shostakovich's Waltz No.2 from Eyes Wide Shut during ballroom dance scene as Snyder can go fuck himself and that bloated fucking film which I will not get that two and a half hours of my life back again.

Spoiler Alert Superman dies at the end because Lex decided to resurrect mutant Zod who kills him like hes in a video game character another bone I have to pick with Snyder he brings too much over from his cod days on the xbaux and fuck this shit super man rises from the grave just before the credits my frogert meter is off the chart
>>
>>67758844
literal backpedalling

lmao
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.