[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BCS plebservice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: FringFace_opt[1].jpg (16 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
FringFace_opt[1].jpg
16 KB, 450x299
ITT: plebservice moments that will definitely happen down the line in Better Call Saul

>Sandpiper retirement home gets rekt in the lawsuit. They end up re-branding their business as...Casa Tranquila, the nursing home where Gus gets blowed up :^)
>>
does the Sandpiper case even make sense? For some reason it doesn't seem like it would be as huge of a lawsuit in real life as they're making it out to be
>>
>>67754218
nah, it's pretty realistic. lawsuits like that happen all the time.
>>
>>67752098
well it's not a coincidence/cameo-type thing like yours, but...

Pretty sure that Saul will order a hit on someone at some point.

In BrBa Saul has the number of a few hitmen, provided by Mike.

I don't think it'd be a very Mike-y thing to just hand out Hitmen's info to Saul 'who knows you might need it someday!'. If he gave them to him, it's probably because he needed one.
>>
>>67754444
but I'm confused about the RICO part...what made that case big was Jimmy finding out that they shipped the needles from state to state. But that wasn't the illegal part, what was illegal was the systematic overcharging of the clients.
>>
HOTHEAD
>>
>>67755525
The needles were proof that Sandpiper was knowingly conducting illegal interstate commerce as part of overcharging their clients. That's how Chuck turned it from a simple elder abuse suit to a RICO case.
>>
>>67755814
Couldn't Sandpiper's lawyers argue that the insterstate commerce itself wasn't illegal?
>>
>>67755883
IIRC it had to do with the markups of the needles. The needles could be purchased out-of-state, but they could only be sold either at cost or at a slight markup without violating interstate commerce laws. Sandpiper was marking up the cost of the needles to the point where it violated the law, and there was enough proof to show they were knowingly complicit.
>>
>>67752098
Except Sandpiper isn't in Albuquerque.
>>
>>67756078
oh okay, that makes sense

But the aspect of the show that actually bothers me is the whole "Slippin Jimmy" thing, those scam scenes are cringeworthy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.