[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's not the funniest, but it has its moments, and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (465 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
465 KB, 2048x1366
So it's not the funniest, but it has its moments, and the cursing feels forced a lot of the time, but it's growing on me (currently on episode 8). I see people bitching about the laugh track but as somebody who grew up watching Seinfeld, That 70s Show, and The King of Queens it feels really comfy. My favorite part is definitely watching the Kutcher and Masterson on-screen rivalry rekindled from their previous work together. Personally I'm happy to have picked up a sitcom + laugh track again. It's takes me back to days of eating dinner on the TV tray after school.

Thoughts? so far I rate it 7/10. I'm being a little generous because I think it's more enjoyable than it is funny. If that makes sense.
>>
>>67735933
Show name?
>>
>>67735994
The Ranch

it's a Netflix original that just went up today.
>>
>>67735933
Same here. But I wish they gave a little more space to Masterson. He never gets taken seriously by anyone..

Pretty comfy show.. Takes me back to the '90s and there's some moments that made me laugh.
>>
>>67736146
Agreed. Hes the best in whatever he does most of the time, at least in regards to sitcoms.
>>
Looks to be getting pooped on by the general public.
>>
>>67736525
Where? Most of my friends don't want to give this a shot because they didn't like any of Netflix's comedies.. Some of them watched That 70's Show, but don't feel nostalgic enough to be interested in The Ranch.
>>
>>67736525
Yeah all I keep seeing is people saying "zomg stop telling me when to laugh!" or "Doesn't need a laugh track!!!!"

But it's like people don't realize that shows like this are written specifically to use a laugh track. If you don't like laugh tracks then don't watch it, but it shouldn't affect the quality of the show. The laugh track sitcom is basically its own genre.

I like it and I think it's probably better than other sitcoms on regular cable currently airing.
>>
>>67736858
I'm not used to laugh tracks anymore, so I was a bit surprised when I started watching the first episode.. After that, it seemed pretty organic to me. I barely notice it anymore (I'm on episode 8).
>>
>>67736858
It does seem to be people hating on the laugh tracks.That is not such a huge issue for me.
>>
>>67736858
how can a show be written to have a laugh track?
>>
>>67737065
ayyyy
>>
>>67737134
Willy Nelson meet Nelson Wiley.
>>
>>67737077
jokes are written around the laugh track. pauses and such. remove a laugh track and it just turns into an awkward mess. TBBT effect.
>>
>>67737178
i thought "laugh tracks" were live studio audiences and if not supposed to simulate that effect.

so that would mean the shows are written around ziggers
>>
>>67737409
zingers*
>>
>>67737409
I'm guessing you meant zingers, but zingers without a laugh track feel way more uncomfortable if they aren't actually THAT funny without hearing somebody else laugh. All I'm saying is, if you don't like laugh tracks, so be it, but it shouldn't influence whether an individual show is better or worse compared to shows without laugh tracks because it's like comparing different genres at that point. compared to other shows (currently airing) with laugh tracks I think this one is bretty gud
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.