[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ben: Zack, I'm not sure about Batman killing people.. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
Ben: Zack, I'm not sure about Batman killing people.. I mean, it seems out of character for him.
Snyder: It's an interpretation Ben. This Batman kills.
Ben: But if you want a vigilante who kills why don't you just use another character.
Snyder: This Batman isn't so simple. He's not like "I have a no kill rule that's it, end of discussion". He's deeper than that, not white and black. You must get used to it, it's a new look into him.
Ben: Bu--
Snyder: PUSH UPS BRO ME AND YOU
>>
>>67732459
if Batman is a killing vigilante now then why isnt all of GCPD investigating his shit
>>
>>67733847
GCPD is usually against him at first then realises he can do stuff they can't so they call him with the light. But in this movie the GCPD are against him but the light still exists anyway.
There isn't any explanaition for who uses it but Batman has it in the middle of nowhere for some reason.
>>
>>67733993
The movie implies that Batman is fed up and bitter with crime with time,and realized that his whole vigilante act was entirely useless. The GCPD kept the light that was used back when robin was still alive.
>>
>>67733847
Because if the film was any longer and had any more plot points children and the elderly would be dying in the cinemas
>>
>>67732459
>Ben: But if you want a vigilante who kills why don't you just use another character.

This is such a dumb fucking argument. Half the fucking point is that it IS batman. It would be fundamentally different if you just swapped characters.
>>
I had absolutely no problem with Batman killing people, it seems consistent with the older, bitter and disillusioned Batman we see in BvS

Maybe it's because I don't give a shit about the source material
>>
Was Robin dead?
>>
>>67734153
Superman made it sound like they still used the light but the scene at the start made it seem like he didn't have much contact with the GCPD.
>>
>>67732459
I'm a huge Batman fan, and have been for years. I had no issues with him killing. Reading comic books has gotten me used to seeing different takes on characters. I think the biggest problem is obsessive fans who find an iteration that they like the best and declare it to be the definitive version with next to no room for variation.
>>
Why didn't they just make a Deathstroke movie if they wanted someone who kills, I'd see it
>>
File: SoldierGibson.jpg (29 KB, 385x477) Image search: [Google]
SoldierGibson.jpg
29 KB, 385x477
ALL FUCKING CAPESHIT POSTERS MUST FUCKING HANG
>>
>>67733847

Why even make a point of the bat brand being a death sentence in prison when Batman later just starts mowing people down?
>>
>>67733847

If you were a cop in Gotham, would you really be upset Batman was killing Lunatics who either want to shoot you, nerve gas you, freeze you, expose you to a bad acid trip, eat you, mind control you or otherwise make you their bitch.
>>
>>67732459
Ben actually said he only wanted to do a more fucked up version. At least that's why I gathered from this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmfFT2iORVg
>>
How did Batman get kryptonite? He doesn't get the kryptonite out of the truck because Superman stops him, and it's shown being delivered to Lex.

Then 15 minutes later in the movie Batman is shown to have kryptonite and is making weapons out of it. Did I miss something?
>>
>>67738709
When they show that the kryptonite has been stolen you see a batarang. What does it mean?

I don't know, I'm just another retard asking stupid questions.
>>
>>67733847
>Literally the first thing the cop did when he saw Batman was shoot at him with a shotgun...
You people idiots...or just don't watch movies.
>>
>>67738709
>Did I miss something?
Yes you did. Batman locating the tracing device he put on the truck and Lex coming to the spaceship facility to see it wrecked, kryptonite gone and a Bat shuriken on the wall.
>>
>>67732459
Ben is a big guy
>>
>>67738839
I'm watching a camrip and I admit I'm not really paying attention because the movie is boring, but I swear this scene never happens in the one I'm watching

Batman's tracking device is seen on the wall, and he homes in on it on his computer, but we never see Batman stealing it, and Luthor is shown having it before the senate hearings happen and those people all get blown up. Then a few scenes later Batman is making kryptonite weapons.
>>
Biggest issue right here.

If the batman was more consistent he would have made the movie worth it. Ben makes a good batman but the whole plot point where he doesn't kill Superman but his Mom was killed is fuck traded if he goes and kills a bunch of dudes seconds later.

Maybe its explained in Suicide Squad though. Doubtful. I wish batman did kill Superman. Fuck I hate this movies superman.
>>
>>67739235
never mind, I'm a dipshit, it happens after the bombing. Ignore me.

movie still sucks lmao
>>
File: aang.png (489 KB, 1162x875) Image search: [Google]
aang.png
489 KB, 1162x875
Honestly the whole dream sequence with Red Son inspired Batman, Superman secret police, and the definite hints to Darkseid in the background really got my blood pumping, that entire sequence was done really well I feel. hope Ben Afleck can direct and write a new Batman movie. Felt he really nailed it as both Bruce and Batman, especially a dark Knight Returns-esque Batman.
>>
>>67739523
How will he recon the killings in this movie though?

Honestly I never doubted Ben. I knew he'd be a good batman.
>>
File: D4kxHcC.png (294 KB, 401x308) Image search: [Google]
D4kxHcC.png
294 KB, 401x308
>>67735436
/Thread, i agree with that Annie
>>
This thread is full of faggots that have missed something or didn't watch the movie.

Also, in lots of comics, Batman kills people.

There are some very dark fucked up batman comics from the very late 90s were he cuts throats or fight with a Xenomorph.
>>
File: tv as fuck.jpg (504 KB, 406x2200) Image search: [Google]
tv as fuck.jpg
504 KB, 406x2200
>>67739235
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 414x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 414x576
>>67740274
>Batman VS Xenomorph

Why isn't this movie made instead???????????
>>
>OP never read dark knight returns
>>
>>67732459
I'm sure Affleck was mostly passive on set. Smartest thing he did was not take a writing credit on this and get muddled up with Goyer's shit like Terrio did.
>>
>>67735436
This is what it all comes down to.
>>
Mediocre movie.
>>
>>67734359
This x a million. After DC finishes their cinematic universe, there will probably be an average joe reboot (MCU with some edge, nor full chainsaw).
>>
>>67738552
>[Settings] [Home]
>/tv/ - Television & Film

No fukin way Cavill plays world of warcraft
>>
>>67742989
He used to play Eve Online.
>>
>>67738188
>are cops really against vigilantes?
Any cop with half a brain would indeed be against a man who's a self-appointed judge, jury, and executioner. What if he catches the wrong man? What crimes deserve death? What if the criminal was forced because his family would be killed if he didn't? What if he's insane and needs treatment?

"Herp derp just kill teh crimnuls" might sounds nice and simple, but is in actuality a fucking mess, and has fuck all to do with anything even resembling justice. That's usually why Batman doesn't kill - because the distance from "this guy is clearly worthy of capital punishment, to save hundreds of lives" and "meh, I guess this petty thief needs to die" is too fucking short.
>>
>>67732459
seeing batman in the apocalypse future gave me chills. he was gritty and mean and had zero reason to follow his code, all he gave a fuck about was killing superman.

one question i have, what the fuck was written on the batsuit in the cave at the start of the movie? the rip i watched had some mexican shit scrawled on it.
>>
>>67743510
B-but muh Dirty Harry!
>>
>>67732459
actually .. Spider-man is the guy who has a no-kill rule, but his loved ones die because of it.

Batman is dark and edgy and grim all the time and pretends to have a no-kill rule? fuckoff! Even in the first movie i saw with the character, (Batman 1989) he throwed Napier in to the ooze, and killed the Joker (roping his leg to a statue while he's hanging on a helicopter is pretty sure is killing.).
>>
>>67745603
"Hahaha! The joke's on you!"

It is Robin's suit.
>>
>>67745603
"hahahah jokes on you batman!"
>>
>>67746239
>>67746208
thanks ed, thanks brandy!
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.