[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Replacing him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: rdj.png (2 MB, 1442x1080) Image search: [Google]
rdj.png
2 MB, 1442x1080
how the fuck do you recast him? or replace him? any ideas? any worth actor of playing Tony? or some weird story that makes sense for him to don the mantle? GIMME IDEAS, PICTURES, COMICS, WHATEVER
>>
>>67724567
CGI and his face is Iron Man forever.
>>
>>67724567
Jackie Chan
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.408662-I-Really-Want-To-Play-Iron-Man-Says-Jackie-Chan
>>
>>67724567
Aidan Gillen
>>
>>67724567

Tom Cruise was in the running for Iron Man long before RDJ, with him on board the writers would be forced to cut down on the quip shit you guys hate, hell Tom's crazy enough to have them build a functioning suit, but only if it can also turn into a motorcycle
>>
This kills the MCU
>>
>>67724567
Just a get a black guy to replace him, done.
>>
>>67724567
You don't, simply put. Until the MCU gets so big that they branch into other universes and encounter alternative, most likely younger versions of the heroes.

The roster of characters they have at their disposal, as awell as Spidey being back, means they really don't need to recast him just to have a Stark. People want RDJ as Iron Man, not just any Iron Man. The Bond argument is retarded.
>>
File: nicolas tse_01.jpg (106 KB, 719x960) Image search: [Google]
nicolas tse_01.jpg
106 KB, 719x960
>>67724567
Nicholas Tse
>>
>>67724670
Chinese stark would be pretty good
>>
>>67724656

Your post is funny because Jim Rhodes actually took over running Stark Enterprises when Tony was "dead" and even took over being Iron Man before that.
>>
>>67724567
He's done 3 standalone movies, 2 Avengers, and a Captain America movie. Just fucking kill off the character. Iron Man had a good run, so we can go another 20 years without a reboot.
>>
>>67724638
Tom is a cool guy but I don't think he would work. His performance is too grounded in reality to be a capeshitter. See Jack Reacher. It was a capeshit without supernatural powers and still he wasn't really believable in it.
>>
It's still early. RDJ and the Hulk guy can play their characters into their 70s. Cap and Thor into their 50s (grizzled old Cap would be cool) Those 4 would show up every 10 years then have lesser heroes (War Machine, Falcon, She Hulk) fill in the gaps.
>>
>>67724567
You kill him off
>>
>>67724567
you can't, he literally IS Iron Man now

there will be no one who can replace him, Marvel would also be not the same if they would kill or replace him and they know this why do you think they giving him all the money he wants
>>
>>67724776
I like that idea... picture that feeling, after almost 10 years...
>>
Screen junkis did a bit on this I think.
>>
>>67724725

>performances grounded in reality
>was just in a goddamn movie as a time traveling exo suit wearing super soldier
>Has done 5 MI movies as a super secret agent

Man shut up
>>
>>67724902
You need to learn the difference between action man and capeshit, fucking black faggot.
>>
>>67724567
You cannot replace him.

Just let his character die or retire.
>>
File: Meant to be.png (443 KB, 665x298) Image search: [Google]
Meant to be.png
443 KB, 665x298
I believe you really cant replace him. Pic related.
>>
File: next iron man.jpg (237 KB, 625x938) Image search: [Google]
next iron man.jpg
237 KB, 625x938
>>67724567
>>
You can't replace RDJ as Tony Stark, but you can replace Tony Stark as Iron Man.

A few years down the line they could kill of Tony Stark in a movie and have him leave his technology and suits/company to a worthy successor to the name Iron Man. If they planned this shit out it could even be his long lost son or something.
>>
>>67725209
Antonio Estrella Jr.
>>
>>67725178
>Story involves Whiplash, Hammer, Cap, Scott Lang, Rhodey
>RDJ could pull of the depression by hitting home
>tfw Disney
>tfw Demon in a Bottle NEVER
>>
Get Nicholas Cage, he can do it.
>>
File: next hilarious iron man.jpg (50 KB, 419x594) Image search: [Google]
next hilarious iron man.jpg
50 KB, 419x594
It would be hilarious. Imagine the butthurt of capefags. Imagine the damage control. "He's not as bad as we thought" "after 2nd viewing I really see what director wanted to do"
>>
File: arno stark.jpg (122 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
arno stark.jpg
122 KB, 500x391
I found the answer guys, we just need someone to play Arno.
>>
...btw, would there be any chance that he appears in the new Spidey movies, if Tony pays for Peters suit and everything?
>>
>>67725446
Is that supposed to be a hospital bed? Because it looks like a coffin.
>>
>>67725086

>You need to learn the difference between action man and capeshit

There is no difference but your autism, Fishfuck
>>
>>67725324

Iron Man 2 was supposed to be Iron Man 2 but Hancock already had a drunk superhero so it got nixed
>>
I've heard there are little people at local circuses who work for cheap.
>>
>>67725532
he was retarded and needed that bed to survive or something, i don't remember.
>>
>>67725734
kek
>>
Hardly anyone else is short enough to fit in his suits.
>>
>>67724567
>Infinity Wars is over
>They reboot MCU with different actors/origin stories/new vilians
I know they make a fuckton of money with every capeshit they do but i don't believe that most of them are willing to keep doing that shit for 10 more years
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.