[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MOVIES TURNING TV SHOWS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
Thoughts on the new trend?

>Training Day (CBS)
>Lethal Weapon (Fox)
>Urban Cowboy (Fox)
>The Exorcist (Fox)
>Cruel Intentions (NBC)
>Taken (NBC)
>Frequency (The CW)
>>
File: 1436166059790.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436166059790.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>67724393
I feel like Fargo and 12 Monkeys have made it work, but I'm overall really leery of this new "movie-to-season" adaptation style. It's just so blatantly a cash grab.
>>
>>67724393
>Mite B Cool
>Fuck You
>Don't Care
>Will Suck
>Don't Care
>Will Suck
>Why fucking bother?
>>
>>67724393
>taken series
How many daughters you got pham
Just kidnapp my shit up
>>
TRAINING DAY
>Idealistic young police officer Kyle Craig (Justin Cornwell) is appointed to an elite squad of the LAPD where he is partnered with the seasoned, morally ambiguous detective Frank Rourke (Bill Paxton).

LETHAL WEAPON
>After the death of his wife and child, loose canon Detective Martin Riggs (Clayne Crowford) relocates from Texas to Los Angeles, where he's begrudgingly partnered with straight-laced veteran Detective Roger Murtaugh (Damon Wayans, Sr.).

URBAN COWBOY
>Starcrossed young lovers Kyle and Gaby pursue their dreams and passions through the sweat of line-dancing in honky-tonks, the grime of oil refineries and the glamour of modern Texas.

THE EXORCIST
>Two priests, seasoned Father Marcus Lang (Ben Daniels) and newcomer Father Tomas Ortega (Alfonso Herrera) join forces to save troubled teenager Casey Rance (Hannah Kasulka) from sinister forces seeking to possess her.

CRUEL INTENTIONS
>A reformed Kathryn Merteuil (Sarah Michelle Geller) vies for control of Valmont International while trying to protect her nephew Bash Casey (Taylor John Smith) from venturing into the same world of sex, money, power and corruption that destroyed the life of Kathryn's late half-brother, Sebastian Valmont.

TAKEN
>Chronicles the life of Bryan Mills (Clive Standen) as a covert military operative struggling to balance his duties with his relationship with his wife Lenore and newborn daughter Kim.

FREQUENCY
>Detective Raimy Sullivan (Peyton List) finds an old ham radio through which she can communicate with the long-deceased father, Det. Frank Sullivan (Riley Smith). They decide to use their unique connection to solve cold cases, and soon face the unexpected consequences of altering the timeline.
>>
Rush hour just started this week too. Any good?
>>
>>67725582
It wasn't terrible but the black guy is shit. He will drag the show down. It's basically Kevin Hart doing a Chris Tucker impression.
>>
>>67725713
Lol sounds good I love Kevin hart
>>
CBS also did Rush Hour and Limitless as tv shows. I didn't bother watching Rush Hour's premiere last night, but I am enjoying Limitless.
>>
File: Cruel-Intentions-Cast-Reunion.jpg (124 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Cruel-Intentions-Cast-Reunion.jpg
124 KB, 640x640
>>67724393
>Cruel Intentions (NBC)
>Frequency (The CW)
Shouldn't the networks for these two be switched?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 620x412
>>67724393

>American network television

So they're all going to be weekly procedural cop dramas then?
>>
>>67725713
This. It was slightly amusing but the black guy is trying to pretend to be Chris Tucker too much
>>
File: Hmmm.png (4 KB, 204x205) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
4 KB, 204x205
>NO Goyim! People don't WANT original, they want familiarity! Give the people what they want so we can sell add time and make the shekels!

I wonder who's behind these decisions?
>>
File: 1396748928277.png (381 KB, 800x621) Image search: [Google]
1396748928277.png
381 KB, 800x621
>there will never be another cop show as good as southland
>>
>>67725964
Oh lawd

>she's a sadistic bisexual incestuous teenager and SHE SOLVES CRIMES
>>
I fear they will be all flops unless they have some very good production values (like in Fargo). Limitless is mediocre at its best and it will be canceled soon.
>>
File: minority-report.jpg (113 KB, 680x1007) Image search: [Google]
minority-report.jpg
113 KB, 680x1007
I can't believe all those got greenlit after this disaster.

This was THE least watched show of Fox's last season.
>>
>>67724821
12 monkeys was trash though
>>
>>67724393
>Training day
>Tommy Campbell is a former pro surfer who’s usually seen in board shorts; he may still look like a surfer, but he’s traded in riding the waves for the dangerous highs that come from swimming with a different type of shark.

Holy fucking shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=devWwSCw12A
The only one I give a shit about
>>
>>67726284
It wasn't perfect but it managed to not shit the bed and keep it's time travel logic consistent. That's an automatic 6/10 right there. Plus the leads were all great except for the cringey crazy woman.
>>
>>67724393
The only one I'd consider watching would be Lethal Weapon
>Absolutely based 90s action done correctly

But not if they're casting that dumb mullatto in danny glover's roll

>I'm still too young for this shit

Fuck off

Conventional TV is dying and it's because no one can come up with any original ideas, or at the very least put a new spin on an old idea
Literally ripping off movies is bad direction.
>>
>>67724393
Don't forget Rush Hour
>>
File: wewlawd.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wewlawd.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>67726281
>Minority Report
>starring a minority actress
>who probably has to fill out a report at one point or another
>>
>>67725918
CW is all about the sci-fi nowadays.
>>
>>67725771
is this facebook now
>>
>>67726606
I'm with you, I really liked it. Syfy shows have gotten much better in the may year since they went away from reality type shows
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.