[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw the fun lighthearted adventure movie genre is dead because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
>Tfw the fun lighthearted adventure movie genre is dead because of capeshit
capeshit this, capeshit that. Hey bro did you see the newest batman? What about superman? Ant-man? Iron-man? Spider-man? Mango-man? Manchildren-man? Yeah bro you gotta check them out there's explosions and stuff it's epic!

FUCK superhero movies, it's either a superhero movie, a reboot/sequel to an old movie, or an oscarbait. Fuck all of you faggots who cant' stop gobbling this shit up
>>
sahara is actually pretty good
>>
I just want a good adventure movie that doesn't involve capes or Indiana jones
>>
>He doesn't like Iron Man
>He doesn't like Ant-Man

Faggot.
>>
>implying I didn't think that the 2011 tintin movie was better than almost all capeshit
>>
>>67708358
fuck urself
>>
>>67708289
Steve Zahn was terribly miscast but this was otherwise a decent adaptation of the book. I wouldn't mind seeing more Dirk Pitt movies but Cussler hated it.
>>
>>67708289
Agreed OP. I'm really hoping that PotC 5 turns out to be good.
>>
McConahey was the bomb in Fools Gold, yo.
>>
We are living in a dark and pathetic time in human history. People are becoming weaker and finding their strength vicariously through other mediums. They are doing less but becoming more entitled.

Whether it be SJW acceptance, super-hero movies or watching other people play games instead of playing games themselves: our society is encouraging and empowering passivity.

The effects of this won't be felt for many years but we are breeding an army of drones. Drones without a function.

Superhero movies are a great example of this. They are tools of distraction and escapism and the sheep mindlessly gobble them up without realising that it comes at the cost of their humanity.

So yeah, I completely fucking agree with you OP. But it's not going away any time soon. And a large majority of this board is just as bad as the rest of them. Worse actually, because they have no excuse for their blindness.
>>
>>67708289
Haha nice post op. Agree totally. Not sure Sahara is best film to use as an example though kek.

Also, on a side note, wtf is up with this horrible fucking layout 4chan?! Your layout was one of the things that made me come back for more.... Not sure my eyes can take much more of this.
>>
>>67708289
>>Tfw the fun lighthearted adventure movie genre is dead because of capeshit
yeah, it's totally not because the genre is stale
>>
>>67708289
>tfw no National Treasure 3 ;_;
>>
>>67712477
Aimee pls
>>
>>67708289
Capeshit IS the lighthearted fun adventure genre of the day, get over yourself
>>
File: Q9G6L0ij81o.market_maxres.jpg (89 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Q9G6L0ij81o.market_maxres.jpg
89 KB, 1000x562
It's a TV show, but I hope you're all watching The Librarians.
>>
>>67712995
For manchildren*

FTFY
>>
>>67711937
Did you see Raise the Titanic?
>>
I watched this in theater like when I was 11. Looking for torrent links but not finding anything good.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.