[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Mummy 3 Fail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: BadEditing.webm (268 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
BadEditing.webm
268 KB, 720x480
Who the hell cut this movie? In this shot, you see Brendan put is hands up to block the gun, as shot cuts to another camera and Brendan's hands aren't up yet as if they travels back in time by a milli second.. SHIT the editor who edited this film just did not give a shit.. I can't blame him. This movie was a total mess
>>
>>67704305
woops it was a knife not a gun but you get my point
>>
how was the scorpion king?
>>
>>67704305
Are you serious? That was just a reverse shot.
>>
File: timetravel.png (2 MB, 2720x296) Image search: [Google]
timetravel.png
2 MB, 2720x296
>>67704359
oh come on guy takes out knife as Brendan goes to put his hands up, and then in next camera cut his hands are down as he puts his hands up to block knife.

An editing fail!
>>
>>67704305
The whole movie was a one big FAIL and destroyed Brendan's career.
>>
It was a bad movie, but decent directors can pull that off well for more impact.

Here, watch this part.

https://youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ?t=5m23s

Although for the scene in the OP I think they just did it for easier action scene shooting, less chance of someone fucking up or getting hurt.
>>
>>67704463
literally retarded
you really don't understand cinematography just pick something else up that is more up your alley like >>>/a/ or >>>/v/
>>
File: TRIGGERED.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>wearing leather in the rain/snow
>>
name one good thing from this movie
>>
that just means they decided to not match the action

it is fairly common I suggest you actually watch some films
>>
>>67705026
no it means they should have made the second camera shorter and cut exactly when his hands are up to both match em.
>>
>>67705049
maybe they just wanted to show the same action at a different angle
>>
>>67704463
do you have autism?
>>
>>67704305
>implying Brendan didn't call upon the JUST God to fuck both the enemy and the audiences sense of time perception
>>
>>67705049
your focus is on the soldier in the first shot, therefor you may not notice brendan raising is hand. The delay in the second shot is to make this more obvious.

If you cut shit in movies so that everything aligned perfectly, you would lose alot of visual information, making it hard to follow what's going on.

Hong Kong action did this all the time to underline a kick or a punch.
>>
OP, in films most shots are not 100% perfect match-on-action. When one shot cuts to another, in many cases the second shot does not continue immediately, but actually includes a small portion of the action where the previous shot ended. This is to act as a transition of sorts and ease the viewer into the new shot more gently. I read before that shots where the actions are match perfectly can confuse some people and they won't recognize it as a continuation of the previous shot. Of course if you try to compensate with too much of the previous shot's action then it will look dumb.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.