[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best commentary tracks? My vote goes for any Kurt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: johnandkurt.jpg (18 KB, 640x463) Image search: [Google]
johnandkurt.jpg
18 KB, 640x463
What are the best commentary tracks?

My vote goes for any Kurt Russell and John Carpenter track. They're huge bros and just genuinely love the movies they made together and the trivia, and anecdotes they tell about the production are actually interesting and informative.
>>
File: flesh blood poster.jpg (572 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
flesh blood poster.jpg
572 KB, 1024x765
This one with Verhoeven is cool/funny.
>>
Tarantino's True Romance commentary was half Cringe and half Biography. Was weird stuff man.
>>
>>67698976
Verhoeven has GOAT commentary tracks.
The one he made with Ed Nuemier right after Starship Troopers is amazing because it's half Ed trying to talk about the movie, and the other half is Paul veering from bashing critics for their stupidity and going on and on about how certain effects were accomplished. Total Recall is great too.
>>
Any Arnie commentary is 10/10
>>
Orgazmo has great commentary. Everyone in the room starts to get haggard around the halfway point, taking shots and bong rips constantly throughout.
>>
>>67698782
The boogie nights one is really interesting, wahlberg is a huge douche but it's a lot of the cast
>>
Wish there was a torrent site for commentary tracks
>>
>>67699163
Cannibal The Musical's commentary was better.
>>
The Sopranos, a lot of the cast are pretty fun to listen to when they're shooting the shit. Steve Buscemi and David Chase elaborate a lot on the episodes they directed.
>>
Let the Right One In has great commentary from the director and the author.

That and the RLM commentaries are great.

I love commentary tracks but I wish bluray releases would start including audience reaction tracks too.
>>
>>67698782

Rosenbaum's commentary on Close-Up is god-tier
the Zodiac commentaries are fascinating
All Linklater commentaries are amazing as he is the biggest bro in the industry

good call though OP, their tracks are hilarious
>>
>>67698782
The Thing commentary is great, it's basically just Kurt Russell laughing over the movie
>>
>>67699162
Yep, Conn with him and Milius isnoff the chain.

Also Spinal Tap in character commentary
>>
>>67699306
>That and the RLM commentaries are great.
fuck off back to 2012
>>
>>67699695
But they weren't doing commentaries in 2012. Your comment makes no sense, anon.
>>
>>67699033
I love hearing him talk. Instead of cringe, I find it hilarious.
>>
File: 1459475978464.png (156 KB, 1023x619) Image search: [Google]
1459475978464.png
156 KB, 1023x619
>tfw no Galaxy Quest commentary with Alan Rickman
>>
The Austin Powers 1 & 2 commentary tracks are really comfy
>>
>kurt russell was basically cucked into being kate hudson's dad
didn't know this. kurt's still cool though
>>
File: jenniferjasonleighkurt.jpg (80 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
jenniferjasonleighkurt.jpg
80 KB, 435x580
>>67700201
Goldie cucked when?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.