[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>liking superhero films past age 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1456069730295.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1456069730295.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>liking superhero films past age 13
>>
>>67694906
b-b-but im a nostalgia babby and if i d-don't hang on to my childhood f-fantasies it will destroy my p-p-personality and everyone loves that i like superhero movies
>kills self
>>
>liking movies
>"enjoying" things like a plebshit
>not just relentlessly analyzing and discussing them
>>
File: capeshitters.jpg (448 KB, 2000x1134) Image search: [Google]
capeshitters.jpg
448 KB, 2000x1134
>>67694906
Capeshitters are cancer that desperately needs to be purged from this board.
>>
i can't imagine the mental age of someone who watches batman v superman and thinks its in any way deep because it has lofty dialogue
>>
>>67695624
>enjoying anything in life
i guess i'm just not a mindless idiot and find it hard to watch a "turn your brain off and get hypnotized" movie
>>
>>67694906
There is a term called "manchildren"
>>
>>67695647
>thinking it's deep

This is how I watch Fast and the Furious movies. I try to deconstruct them. It would just be dumb to sit there and enjoy it for what it is in terms of visual eye candy.
>>
yeah I can't even find the time for this shit. I can barely keep up with decent TV, politics, and video games.
>yet another spiderman/superman/batman flick

and then the marvel people are all literally whos. Like that guy who shoots a bow, who cares? a talking tree?
>>
File: BigBen2.jpg (44 KB, 297x316) Image search: [Google]
BigBen2.jpg
44 KB, 297x316
>>67695624

This is the kind of logic I would expect from capeshit fans.
>>
The people that complain about plebs liking capeshit are more annoying than the plebs that just watch capeshit.
>>
>>67695637
the more you try and stop me the more i will waste my day and just post about shit i barely give a fuck about.
>>
>>67695844
>>67695849
these
>>
>>67695844
Ah yes the classic nolan pleb pretending to be in the middle fence
A cute but play tactic
>>
>>67695844
It's called being pretentious. It's synonymous with being a hipster.
>>
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

Join the cause >>>/qa/482474
>>
>>67694906
Rick Grimes a pretty motherfucker
>>
>>67695989
oh my god fucking finally i knew /tv/ would pull together with their hatred towards capeshit
>can't wait for the new capeshit memes that will get shitposted here on the daily
>>
>>67694906
>liking things
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>67695990
This should be a Rickpreciation thread.
>>
>>67695916
You don't know what either of those terms mean.
>>
>>67696079
>being THIS new
I can't believe the rumors are true
>>
>>67696079
Fuck off back to plebbit holy shit
>>
i dont get it either. how do adults enjoy this garbage?

even as a kid i ALWAYS hated capeshit, i could never understand it. its gay as fuck and stupid on so many levels.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.