[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good or does it belong in the trash? It's written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: the-newsroom-banner.jpg (78 KB, 1264x711) Image search: [Google]
the-newsroom-banner.jpg
78 KB, 1264x711
Is this good or does it belong in the trash? It's written by based Sorkin so it must be good in a way... Right?
>>
if you can get through the opening sequence you can get through the whole show

I thought that opening was so awkward and forced I couldn't bear watching anymore of it. Whatever few episodes I saw after that were just as bad.
>>
>>67691008
I liked it. The last episode was great but im not sure why Sorkin pulled the plug.
>>
>Sorkin
>Based
top kek
>>
It absolutely belongs in the trash. I'm European, so way liberal by American standards, and I couldn't stand how much of it was just blatant leftist propaganda. I found it insulting and pandering and that's coming from someone who generally agrees with the politics they're pushing, if you disagree it must just be infuriating.
>>
It's Sorking jerking off in the mirror and telling everyone how someone as smart as he is would've instantly handled those events from 2 years ago

>>67691479
Because he did it for awards and praise, but critics hated and laughed at it and it didn't win shit outside of one Emmy for Daniels that everyone hated as well. So he threw a fit and pulled the plug despite great ratings
>>
>>67691479
he wanted to do Steve Jobs. TV is too big a commitment and critics were too mixed on Newsroom for him to care about it. He also bore the brunt of a few too many controversies that were pretty amusing.

>dismissing that interviewer as an "Internet Girl"
>firing the writer who berated him about it publicly
>people finding out one of the characters in the show was based on a real woman he had a relationship with
>critics calling him out for capitalising on tragedies for corny plotlines

it never ended.
>>
Absolute, utter trash
>>
>>67692984
don't forget that one plotline where Olivia Munn's character got into a photo "leak" scandal just like her, to try and pander on that event as well.
>>
>>67691008
It belongs in the trash
>>
>>67692984
>people finding out one of the characters in the show was based on a real woman he had a relationship with
but that was already in Studio 60?

>dismissing that interviewer as an "Internet Girl"
that was less controversy and more people just laughing at him, it's been obvious that he doesn't understand internet and is probably afraid of it since that WW episode 15 years ago
>>
>>67692684
This right here. Pandering and insults the intelligence. You'd have to be insecure about being a left partisan democrat in order to enjoy this at all.
>>
>>67693157
nah, some of the zingers are witty. That's all you really need for a Sorkin show.
>>
>>67691008
It's Sorkin winning his own strawman arguments. At least the West Wing had something else.
>>
>>67693263
Once any character got in front of a camera on the show they instantly became the same character which was a mouthpiece for Sorkin.
>>
Sorkin NEEDS a good director to work with, the one who can restrain him and that's when he truly shines. They gave him free reigns on this one and Studio 60 and it ended in disaster
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.