[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think that great shows that are starting to go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 600x600
Why do people think that great shows that are starting to go downhill should just end so they don't "taint your memory of the show"? I've always thought that a show should stay on the air as long as the network lets them because even if the new seasons as a whole aren't that good they will always have a couple more gems that will be loved for years. When the show goes off the air I'm not gonna think "wow I fucking hate that show now since the last episodes sucked" I'm gonna think "wow that show was fucking awesome even if it wasn't that great in the end" I guess my point here is why do you guys want to miss out on potential gold just because a few episodes might suck? Pic related is a show that people keep saying should end because "it sucks now" even though this last season had a couple 8/10 episodes. And if it's something like the wire that has a continuing story I understand you want the ending to be just as good but I'm specifically talking about shows that don't.
>>
>"couple 8/10 episodes"
>implying 2 of them werent 10/10

Get out
>>
Because it sucks and MOST of it isn't funny anymore, so whats the point of it? Sure there's a few funny episodes, but most are just mediocre or just plain bad, so watching it is a waste of time. Sunny should've ended at season 9, everything after has either been decent at best or bad. Really depressing when you're watching the newest episode, nothings funny and I can re-watch older seasons and STILL laugh my ass off. Just end it
>>
>>67683677
Which two? Because I don't remember any legitimate 10/10's. Maybe one or two where I finished it and immediately thought wow 10/10 but then rewatched and realized it had flaws.
>>
>>67683794
And my whole point is even if MOST of it isn't good why the fuck do you guys want to miss out on potentially golden episodes because "muh tainted memory" if you don't like the new episodes then don't fucking rewatch them watch the ones you like.
>>
>>67683893
I shouldn't be watching a comedy show and be thinking "this sucks". Frankly it doesn't have the same "feel" as the older episodes, its too redone and rehashed, they don't bring any good variety to it. Almost feels like watching an entirely different show.

Always Sunny had a really good run but its shit now and I don't care about it, I only watch because I've seen all of it. Like I said, rewatching older seasons more then once, they always make me laugh, now it barely makes me chuckle.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 243x200
>>67684182
Holy shit you are entirely missing my fucking point. For one I'm not talking just about this show I'm talking about all shows that people bitch about how "this should just end already it sucks now". And for two my whole point is even if the show as a whole isn't great anymore they can still come out with golden episodes here and there that are fucking great, like sunny did this season. So why the fuck do people want to miss out on great episodes just because all of them aren't great anymore? I will repeat once again, you do not have to rewatch the shitty ones and "taint your memory" of the show. Just fucking watch the ones you like.
>>
>>67683827
Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs

Really enjoyed that rising sense of claustrophobic hilarity. Also nailed Dennis' obligatory 'at-least-once-per-season' full psycho moment without straying into the danger zone of predictability/flanderisation like they did in the finale. Not only a 10/10 but a personal top 10 too.

Stop being such a contrarian, they only way IASIP would be considered flagging is by its own crazy high standards. Look, everyone agrees that Frasier went downhill after Niles and Daphne got together, but 12 years later its still widely seen as the best American sitcom of its generation
>>
>>67684437
When was I ever being a contrarian? I never said I didn't like the show anymore I used that as an example. I literally said there were a couple 8/10's that episode actually being one of them, it was definitely my favorite out of the season. There were still flaws in that episode though and if you are aware of what 10/10 means you would know it can't have a single flaw.
>>
>>67684437
>flanderisation
Glad someone else feels this way. People claim that the characters are developing, but really it's just lazy writing with a convenient excuse. It used to be funny when things were just hinted at, but now they're fully blown and in your face.
>>
>>67685512
It's a combination of flanderisation and character development. They even said when the show started that they were gonna fall deeper and deeper into degeneracy, which is happening, but they're relying a little too much on callbacks now.
>>
>>67683611
I marathoned (actually) this entire series from season 1 episode 1 to the end of the most recent season in less than one week recently and I pretty much enjoyed all of it, I'm glad I finally got around to watching it

didn't read your gay ass post tho
>>
reminder that Season 1 is not canon
>>
Didn't read the responses, but these guys are wasted their career on this show. They could have all been stars, even if they ended it at season 5 or 6 they could have gone on to all star in great movies.

I say this as a huge fan and someone who hated the most recent season.
>>
File: implying.png (69 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
69 KB, 1200x800
>>67683794
>>
>>67683611
I used to think that about Sunny but changed my mind maybe last season.

Just rewatched this last season and its pretty damn good.

In my opinion, season 5 is top tier. Mac and Dennis breakup, Kitten Mittens. Sometimes its the little things that make an episode great. simple gestures or lines.

But i've still enjoyed all the other seasons for sure. This is a show i will never stop watching as long as they keep going.

Did they sign on for anymore seasons? i thought maybe one more at least then who knows. I thought they were gonna give it up after 10 but maybe since they dont seem to be doing a whole lot outside the show i could be wrong.

I know charlie had horrible bosses and pacific rim, robs gonna direct an animated movie for disney right? obviously devito doesnt need to do shit anymore but kaitlin and glenn idk what theyve been up to.
>>
>>67686337
Not true. In "The Gang Misses the Boat", Frank talks about how he missed out on the underage drinking scam.
>>
How is it that literally everyone missed the whole fucking point of this thread? When I made it I figured a few autists would but I didn't think every single person that replied would.
>>
>>67688739
Let the thread die. You're tainting the memory it.
>>
File: 1443560112914.png (143 KB, 502x716) Image search: [Google]
1443560112914.png
143 KB, 502x716
>>67688739
>thread image is more interesting than the post itself
You did this to yourself.
>>
>>67688872
What is another recent show that would be an example of what I'm talking about then, besides the Simpsons? And I couldn't have used that either because people refuse to believe there are good episodes after season 11
>>
>>67688998
Trailer Park Boys
>>
>>67688998
I don't know, South Park?
>>
>>67689020
>implying that season 10 wasn't still good even if some thinks in it were kinda bad
And besides the new season just came out 3 days ago people would have just started talking about that.
>>
>>67689055
But season 19 was great. My only complaint was that PC principal didn't get rekt but he turned out to be the good guy so it's fine.
>>
>>67688508
Glenn very nearly got the role of Star Lord in GotG, but they switched to Pratt at the last minute. Hopefully Marvel feel guilty for cucking him an will give him something else major in the MCU

Not wanting to stereotype him as a narcissistic psychopath or anything, but I think he'd make a good Bullseye
>>
File: jokerdontknow.jpg (55 KB, 624x376) Image search: [Google]
jokerdontknow.jpg
55 KB, 624x376
>>67683611
Always Sunny Season 11 was still pretty good. That was some shitty stuff. It's also gotten a bit too reliant on callbacks to earlier episodes. Still had some quality shit like "The Gang Hits the Slopes", "Charlie Work", "Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs", and "Charlie Catches a Leprechaun."

That said, the finale was shit all around. "Frank Falls Out the Window" was annoying in its retreading of season 2, while "Dee Made a Smut Film" has a crappy A-plot with wasted potential (should've been focused just on Dennis filming his erotic memoirs), while the B-plot was mediocre aside from Frank's part in it.

I also found "McPoyle vs Ponderosa: Trial of the Century" to be pretty stupid, but I generally dislike the McPoyles or any reference to that "bird law" shit.
>>
>>67689180
So far gone from the episodes with Chef and the other shenanigans of old.
>>
>>67689348
Well South Park switched from "wacky absurd comedy with pop culture elements" to "current events lampooning" somewhere around season 6
>>
>>67689348
That would be a problem if they were still trying to do that and fucking it up, but they went a completely different way with the show over 10 years ago and it's worked out great.
>>
>>67688284
Is that one lonely little fucker down there at 7~ish Frank's Brother?
It wasn't really that much worse than other lackluster episodes though they did severely under-use the great guest-actors which was a shame.
>>
>>67686337
>canon
always sunny expanded universe when
>>
>>67690669
THIS. I need rickety cricket and mcpoyle spin-offs. Also a show about zee would be GOAT.
>>
>>67689269
He should've been Kilgrave.

Tennant was the best part of that show but I still want my Dennis-Purple Man casting to come true.
>>
>>67683611
familiarity breeds contempt, law of diminishing returns, etc.

i was one of the people you describe with the walking dead as my subject of hate until recently. my reason was because i had hope that every episode would be great and introduce something new but they never were and i was getting annoyed. yet i still kept watching. it's a lack of willpower thing.
>>
brevity is the soul of wit
>>
>>67691252
Well something like the walking dead I can understand because it has complete continuity, it doesn't start out with a blank slate every episode.
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (100 KB, 975x460) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
100 KB, 975x460
>>67683611
Always Sunny should continue until Glenn dies.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.