[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It hurts that i will never experience The Dark Knight for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: The_Dark_Knight.jpg (127 KB, 1232x720) Image search: [Google]
The_Dark_Knight.jpg
127 KB, 1232x720
>>
File: 1.jpg (27 KB, 690x1126) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27 KB, 690x1126
That quipman 3 poster in the background
>>
>>67681253

>Gotham went from gritty and comic-book like to le realism basically NYC

Only thing I dislike about TDK. Begins had a great look to Gotham.
>>
>>67681870
>not Chicago

Well the way I see it is Batman + dent cleaned that shit up, hence why the joker stepped in. Plus it looks like heat which is fresh.
>>
File: plebeians.jpg (179 KB, 466x512) Image search: [Google]
plebeians.jpg
179 KB, 466x512
>I made another capeshit thread
>>
>>67681870
Yup, i watched the behind the scenes stuff for begins, and they built all the gotham stuff. Cept for helicopter shots, the whole movie was shot on the gotham sets they built.
>>
>>67681870
Gotham looks like an entirely different city in each movie

>BB Gotham is heavily stylized and gritty NYC
>TDK Gotham is realistic Chicago
>TDKR Gotham is Pittsburgh

there is absolutely no consistency, it's made even more egregious by the numerous skyline shots.
>>
>>67681253
>when you realize that payday is literally written in this shot
>>
i actually hated the TDK when it first came out since you never see the joker kill people

he did dumb shit like that smoke grenade.

Then I watched Inception and Prestige and Nolan grew on me. Now I recognize the fucking brilliance of his craft
>>
>>67682199
>i actually hated the TDK when it first came out since you never see the joker kill people

What? He kills that dude with the pencil, he slashes Gambol's throat (not shown directly cuz PG-13 lmao), he shoots that cop with his shotgun, etc
>>
>>67682016
It's a big city.
>>
>>67682199
I hated it when it first came out because it was a half hour longer than it needed to be and Ledger was overrated as fuck.
>>
>>6768226
>>67682199

He kills the bus driver in the first scene of the movie. Lights him up in plain sight. He shoots that cop guarding Dent. And my personal favorite, he sets Lau on fire on top of a huge pile of money, while Lau is still alive. I think a lot of people forget, or over look this. That scene opens with the Joker playfully slapping him around on top of the mountain of cash, then he slides down. But Lau stays up there. And his goons douse the money with gas. And Joker lights it up. And Lau is up there roasting a live.
>>
>>67681954
TDK doesn't deserve to be grouped together with your average capetrash
>>
>>67682604
>This turd doesn't stink so much like shit!
>>
>>67681253
>ywn be 16 again and think it's the best movie ever

I still like it but it's flaws become apparent on repeated viewings
>>
Yes, once the novelty of Ledger's Joker wore off, this became quite a slog to rewatch. Sad that young millenials count this mediocre mess of a film as amongst their favorite theater experiences.

>>67682199
>Now I recognize the fucking brilliance of his craft
His only brilliance lies within convincing a broad audience that he's a talented director.
>>
>>67683290
>tfw senior about to graduate high school when TDK came out
>in just a few years the sentimentalizes and ideologies with the Joker struck such a chord with me, dovetailing perfectly with my own personal beliefs after spending a lot of time looking around
>tfw thought Nolan, specifically Ledger, was like a shaman or something

So many facets of the Joker blew my mind at the time, some still do. I remember once during a stoned haze it occurred to me that the Joker was little more than Tyler Durden, only a Durden who'd won his battle with Jack and turned Project Mayhem into literally his own army, like the Joker's army of psychos.

Simpler times.
>>
>>67681253
>you will never watch tdkr opening for the first time again
>>
>>67681253
It holds up well
>>
>>67683496
Wow you seem fucking insufferable
>>
>>67681253
was I the only one very disappointed the first time I saw this?
>>
File: end_my_life_seinfeld.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
end_my_life_seinfeld.png
137 KB, 526x436
>>67682199
You know that the OP made this thread a a false flag to bait retards like you, right?
Or are you b8ing me right now?
>>
>>67683458
>I'm a twentysomething struggling to distinguish myself: the post
>>
>>67681870
It's Chicago. In fact, if you've ever been to Chicago, it's *clearly* Chicago. Chicago is a very Chicago-y city.
>>
>>67682751
I'm all for not liking capeshit but let's be real for a moment, you're a fucking contrarian teen and you know it.
>>
>>67685208
>let's be real: you're not a normal person, you're a strawman that I need to exist to validate my stale and below average taste
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.