[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Episode 1 Documentary >Everyone is fucking terrified of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17
File: gone too far.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gone too far.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>Episode 1 Documentary
>Everyone is fucking terrified of George
>Laugh nervously at his bad jokes
>Clearly bewildered at his retarded ideas
>George coloring in storyboards making people realize most of this movie will be made in a computer
>George never gets out of his fucking chair and just sits at the monitor the whole time
>actors have nothing to work with because almost the entire movie is filmed in green and blue screen
>Jar Jar is the key to all this, cus kids will love him
>everyone knows Jar Jar sucks but they're too afraid to speak up
>generally looks like everyone is having an awful time
>movie sucks

>Episode 7 Documentary
>Everyone fucking loves their work
>Creature designers working their asses off to make something cool enough to impress JJ so it can be shown on screen
>actual discussion of character motivations and how these characters will affect the story instead of just throwing them in to appease focus groups
>Sets being built painstakingly by dedicated craftsmen who grew up loving Star Wars and wanting to make it as authentic as possible
>Because of this authenticity, the actors feel as if they're actually in Star Wars and give it their all
>JJ is out there on the set actually DIRECTING
>Movie is great and clearly made with love

How the FUCK can people still defend George Lucas and pretend he was some kind of misunderstood auteur? It's a meme, right?
>>
>>67680508
Too deep for you kiddo
>>
I don't know if you realize this but /tv/ is filled with anyone who will have an opposite opinion just to go against the grain.

BvS is a worse movie than both TPM and TFA yet there's so many calling it great just to seem different
>>
>>67680566
>BvS is a worse movie than both TPM and TFA

really?
>>
File: lure-1024x463.jpg (55 KB, 1024x463) Image search: [Google]
lure-1024x463.jpg
55 KB, 1024x463
>>67680508
>>
>>67680566
BvS isn't even close to TPM's level.
>>
>>67680508

TFU did capture more Star Wars feeling than the prequels combined, but itself is still a bad movie. The screenplay is filled with fucking plot holes and the characters are very weak.

JJ is a talentless hack and I hope he retires soon.
>>
>>67680881
>The screenplay is filled with fucking plot holes and the characters are very weak.

You sound like you know next to jack shit about film and just parrot stuff you hear on this nerd website. Critics loved it.
>>
>>67680971

>You sound like you know next to jack shit about film

I do know jack shit about film but it is still a bad screenplay,
>>
>>67680683
This is what /co/fugees actuallyt believe yes
>>
>>67680508
>Episode 7 Documentary
>Everyone fucking loves their work
>Creature designers working their asses off to make something cool enough to impress JJ so it can be shown on screen, a difficult job because JJ has no actual imagination or flare for strong visuals other than the 'lens' variety
>Tentative discussion of character motivations descends into how these characters will affect the marketing and how much homolust/girl power they can throw in to appease focus groups without fully alienating the original fanbase (answer: dust off creaky old Harrison Ford)
>Sets being built painstakingly by dedicated craftsmen who grew up loving Star Wars and wanting to make it as authentic as possible, except when the film's out on location - it then descends to SyFy original movie-tier production values
>Because of this authenticity in at least half the scenes, the actors feel as if they're actually in Star Wars and give it their all except Daisy Ridley who clearly doesn't give a fuck as long as this makes her famous and keeps her in cocaine for the next 20 years, and Harrison Ford who just looks bored and old
>JJ is out there on the set actually DIRECTING like the incompetent middle-of-the-road genre television hack that he is
>Movie is joyless unwatchable corporate-sanctioned nostalgiawank and all the effort of the craftsmen was wasted by the Spielberg wannabe calling the shots

FTFY.
>>
Kubrick was a huge cunt and control freak too. So is James Cameron. Get your jewish hugbox and fuck otta here
>>
>>67680777
TPM at least pioneered special effects and had a good score
>>
>>67680732
you sure showed him
>>
>>67681182
the difference is that Kubrick and Cameron actually had talent

Lucas was a business executive who had delusions of being an auteur filmmaker
>>
>>67681182
>comparing Georce Lucas to Stanley fucking Kubrick

Anon, I have never said this to anyone even after visiting this website for over 6 years, but you should honestly kill yourself.
>>
>>67681237
The point is, your 'hurrr everyone's having a great time' argument is retarded and you should choke on a black penis
>>
>>67681141
best post on tv in a while
>>
File: 1399913466879.jpg (95 KB, 1262x694) Image search: [Google]
1399913466879.jpg
95 KB, 1262x694
>>
Is there a torrent for the behind the scenes TFA stuff?
>>
>>67681141
the issues with TFA, even to the harshest critics, are just script and editing related

so it seems you're mostly butthurt in some way
>>
>>67681237
Lucas literally was an auteur. He had total creative control - the exact thing you're criticizing. That's the meaning of the word.

Did you think it meant "arthouse director" or "the kino of directors" or something?
>>
>>67680508
Episode VII BTS torrent where?
>>
File: 1440179822513.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1440179822513.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>
>>
Lucas created the source material you love so much.
He's a competent ideas guy, if only that.
>>
>>67680566
>BvS is a worse movie than both TPM and TFA

But it's clearly better than both of them
>>
>>67681378
MARA JADE IS NOT CANON
>>
>>67680508

George was flawed, but he was quite literally a misunderstood auteur. He was misunderstood because his vision exceeded his judgement. Your OP pic sums it up completely. Throw in the fact that he was held too high aloft by fame and complete creative control, and you have a recipe for a cringe-inducing disaster.

Yet despite all of this, I prefer the catastrophically disappointing prequels over the only mildly disappointing Episode VII. This is because the prequels still had redeeming (sometimes strongly redeeming) qualities despite being bad. Episode VIII was mediocre, almost uncomfortably so, with nothing special about it.

But even if you think the prequels can not be apologized for, it's a sad irony that Episode VIII will fly by unscathed by mass criticism simply because it wasn't The Phantom Menace.
>>
>>67680508

>James Cameron film
>everyone is constantly hurrying around without chatting
>Jim strides the set wielding a cat 'o nine tails
>all recoil before his looming shadow
>vegan diet is mandatory
>mobile phone usage is punishable by disembowellment
>female actors walk bowlegged from punitive hatefucking
>gross of resultant film is numbered in the 10s of billions and brings about peace in the Middle East, solves climate change

because Art is worth it, you pussy
>>
>>67681344
It seems you're mostly an obnoxious Star Wars fanboy cuckold/Disney corporate shill in some way.

TFA was the cinematic equivalent of uncanny valley. It nearly looked like the old Star Wars films, it nearly felt like the old Star Wars films - but like CGI from a discount Indian studio filled with schoolboy meshing and rigging errors, it fell just short enough of the mark to feel oddly repellant and artificial. One of the worst films I've seen in a very long time.
>>
>>67681378

What's going on here?
>>
>>67681382
>created the source material

He created the very basic idea, the final product had huge input from people like Francis Ford Coppola, Alan Dean Foster, and Brian de Palma
>>
>>67681378
Is it staged? The guy could've sued the shit out of Lucas
>>
>>67681378
>IF YOU DON'T SHARE OUR ENTHUSIASM AND CARE FOR THE VISION OF THIS COMPANY
>>
>>67680971
Cries someone doesn't know what they are talking about

Appeals to authority of the critics
>>
>>67680971

"Critics" are fanboys.
>>
>>67681189
The score to TFA is the best in the Star Wars series and one of the best in blockbuster scores in general.

It's just too advanced and complex for slow retards like you to comprehend. You need catchy pop-music structured muh imperial march to like it.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (156 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
156 KB, 373x327
>>67681468
>whaaaaa Disney financed the movie so it's bad!

please tell me more about the evils of corporations and capitalism and how I should feel le bern xD
>>
>>67681382

Yeah, he created it any for this we praise him. But he sucks at writing and he sucks at directing.

Episode V is the best one and he neither directed nor has written the screenplay.
>>
>>67681507
stop that
>>
>>67681478
>>67681493
It's a joke, it's a skit they did for Robot Chicken.

Lucas actually has a pretty functional sense of humour, he absolutely adores Robot Chicken's Star Wars parodies by all accounts and even voiced himself in a couple of them.
>>
>>67680566
fuck off, Phantom menace is unwatchable today if you are over the age of 7
>>
>>67681507
I don't why you replied to me, my comment praised both TFA and TPM.
>>
>>67680566
>BvS is a worse movie than both TPM
You're 12 years old aren't you?
>>
>>67681468
exactly, so you're a butthurt pleb

you keep describing how it "felt" and how the graphics "are artificial"

while the OP talks about acting and craftmanship

so you're a bit confused, maybe someone hurt you recently?
>>
>>67681507
I like the part with staccato strings that goes DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM and then plays a flourish from the main theme. I'm sure you know the specific bit I mean.
>>
>>67681478
>>67681493

Yeah it is. It was a funny clip on some DVD extra
>>
It's because TFA has a forced political message and it promotes white genocide
>>
>>67681519
Trying to paint me as the left-wing crypto-Marxist for criticising Disney - the MASTERS of Cultural Marxist propaganda? Now that's what I call forum sliding.

Fear not, Herschel - the RWDS will be coming for your kind very soon.
>>
>>67681478
>>67681493

Every time I see this posted I hear it was staged. I think it was actually shot for the sake of Robot Chicken? I don't recall.
>>
>>67680566
Worse than TFA I could see, but not TPM.

I think TFA is better on a technical level, but if you don't credit it for all the things it lent from A New Hope (fucking 50% of what it does practically) then TFA looks terrible.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (419 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
419 KB, 1200x1000
>>67681603
>whaaaaa the protagonists were a woman and a black man le eeeeevil cultural marxism propaganda

I may have misjudged your political leanings, but you're still hating the movie based on your own agenda, not because of the actual quality of the film.
>>
File: bazinga1.jpg (59 KB, 900x746) Image search: [Google]
bazinga1.jpg
59 KB, 900x746
>Jew Jew trench run 2
>none of the POC pilots die only the Aliens
did anyone else notice this
>>
>>67681189
Yeah but TPM retroactively damaged the original trilogy, whereas BvS is just a plain old stinker.
>>
>>67681560
You need to improve your reading comprehension.

I'm not saying the 'graphics' are artificial. I'm saying the FILM is artificial, as a failure of craftsmanship on the part of the director and producers, the foremost links in the creative chain.

Watching TFA was the cinematic equivalent of being spoonfed synthetic strawberry flavouring and told it was real strawberry. A poor, cynical effort guided by a corporate hack who has some inveigled his way into a position of Hollywood power at recreating the magic of a film series initially helmed by a series of talented auteurs well outside of the conventional Hollywood system.

And no, ad hominem does not discredit my points. Come up with something better in your next reply.
>>
it's gonna be great it's gonna be great it's gonna be great it's gonna be great it's gonna be great it's gonna be great it's gonna be great it's gonna be great it's gonna be great
>>
>>67681774
You definitely got wronged in some way very recently. Do you need to talk to someone? Even if you don't know me, I'd be glad to lend an ear to hear your problems.

Maybe your wife's son insulted you? Or your mom is dating a jew?
>>
>>67681654
I loved Mad Max: Fury Road. My personal politics don't affect whether a film is good or not by an objective standard.

Disney's agenda peddling/filmmaking by committee on the other hand, hurt TFA greatly. Their desire to appeal to/mollify the modern feminist/SJW clickbait press led to them turning Rey into the worst kind of 'empowered female character' cliche, completely defying any sense of consistent logic established in the previous films regarding the acquisition and mastery of Force-based abilities. The manner in which Boyega's character was written and presented suggested that the character as originally envisioned and cast for a white lead (Jesse Plemons) had a much less significant role and they'd struggled to find new dialogue and relevance to give his character on the fly. His lexicon was completely incongruent with the tone of the previous Star Wars movies.

The actual quality of the film is execrable, personal politics simply become a matter of semantics weighed against that fact.
>>
>>67681871
Looking for more Club Disney points, Moisch?
>>
>>67682008
No, just worried about a fellow anon, since someone who gets this angry at a film or a person's opinion can't be normal.
>>
>>67680508
>Running a business like a fucking college fraternity

Grow up
>>
>>67681975
>le ess jay double you boogeyman

So you're upset John Boyega was cast over a white man and that the protagonist is a woman? Got it
>>
>>67682032
>If you don't like a thing and can articulate why you aren't normal!
>Just turn off your brain and enjoy our products, go-I mean guys!

Nice try Chaim. I know you people lose money whenever you get called on on forum shilling, I hope your superiors see this shameful attempt at infiltration gone wrong and fire you.
>>
>>67682076
There's a difference between 'upset' and 'dispassionately examining how this may have affected the quality of the film in question'.
>>
File: 1448831090713.jpg (129 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1448831090713.jpg
129 KB, 600x772
>>67682159
Use whatever mental gymnastics you want to try to justify it, at the end of the day you're still just mad the movie stars a woman and a black man instead of a white dude
>>
>>67682127
Not what I meant. You can criticize something in an objective manner and point out all its flaws. That's normal. I understand a person thinking the movie is bad and telling others not to waste their time on it.

But insulting a piece of fiction so passionately and being so offended by it that you have to call it curse words is probably a sign of something much deeper in your personality.
>>
File: 1439890602996.png (315 KB, 564x354) Image search: [Google]
1439890602996.png
315 KB, 564x354
pic related obligatory
>>
File: 1430769952102.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1430769952102.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>67681704
Anyone else notice that the empire was 90% white men and 10% white women? And the only people in the rebellion were "multicultural"
>>
File: 1430426218709.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1430426218709.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>67682342
There was a black girl in the Starkiller Base control room and a couple of the First Order's senior staff during Hux's speech were black guys

The Stormtroopers were actually quite diverse in both gender and race, you just can't really tell because they're wearing helmets and bulky armor.
>>
File: TWO NINE.jpg (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
TWO NINE.jpg
20 KB, 200x200
>>67680566
This
>>
File: 1459300187837.jpg (41 KB, 496x444) Image search: [Google]
1459300187837.jpg
41 KB, 496x444
>>67682303
>I spent 6 months drawing all this shit and now this asshole is coloring all over it

I feel bad for all those guys
>>
>>67682303
Who is that guy. What's his name. Has anyone ever asked him about it
>>
File: 1425048704525.jpg (63 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1425048704525.jpg
63 KB, 500x385
>>67682340
hahahahhaha
>>
>>67681141
Make this man a mod
>>
>>67680508
Yeah, people were afraid of Kubrick too.

George is a cinematic genius literally more than a decade ahead of his time and his prequels are now finally being appreciated for what they are.
>>
>>67681141
10/10 post
>>
File: 1436037817908.jpg (42 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1436037817908.jpg
42 KB, 430x430
>>67682440
Were there any non-humans in the first order? How are my friends Xir and Xie supposed to feel when they can't identify with anyone in a strong, Nazi inspired military junta in a space opera universe?
>>
>>67683082
It seems like the First Order loves all humans equally but more or less continues the xenophobia of the Empire. Snoke appears to be some kind of alien but I guess they made an exception for him since powerful dark siders must be a rarity in the universe
>>
>>67680508
>Episode 7
I don't know what kind of a person you need to be to call this steril, heartlless, uncreative movie great.
>>
>>67682250
What, do big boy words equal passion and rage to you or something?

You're revealing quite a bit about your double-digit IQ and shit-tier personality yourself here.
>>
TFA was completely shallow and pedantic
>>
>>67680508
maybe they're all happy that all they have to do is copy props/cinematography and not actually do any work?

desu, the cgi people are probably the only people working hard here.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.