[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvelcucks get BTFO by NYPost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
http://nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/

"I wouldn’t call “Batman v Superman” the most coherent film of the year, but it’s pretty much the opposite of mindless entertainment, and some of the critical complaints sound a lot like, “Thinking makes my head hurt.”

Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe that’s not it at all. Maybe a wisecracking raccoon and Deadpool’s masturbation jokes are just a lot more interesting."
>>
>>67677745
Yep, pretty much this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv5zwps7cOE
>>
>>67677745
Kek, that's funny, I really want to see it because of how mindless the reaction was.

>I can't into movie that's not funny
>>
hehe, marvel drones

b t f o
t
f
o
>>
B T F O

Marvelkeks on suicide watch.

>M-MUH QUIPS
>MUH CHILDREN WHO LOVE MARVEL MOVIES
KEK
>>
I honestly thought /tv/ was only ironically calling people who didnt like BvS as Marveldrones/cucks.

Didnt even realize that normies would also do it, unironically.

dude it was bad. get it over it, try again
>>
>>67677777
Here we go
>>
Liking BvS is the new prequel love huh

I like it
>>
>be journalist
>call men dressing up in spandex "smart"
>become laughing stock amongst your adult colleagues

way to ruin your character nu-male chump
>>
Marvel will never recover
>>
*voice cracks* h-h-hey everyone!
>>
File: 1459212673668.png (351 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1459212673668.png
351 KB, 474x503
>>67677745
Haven't seen the movie yet since I hate theaters but that shot of the Batman lighting the batsignal looks more filmlike than everything from every marvel movie I've seen.
>>
Does anybody have the flick cinema kino chart with some of the superhero movies on it?
>>
File: 1455942225177.png (117 KB, 400x667) Image search: [Google]
1455942225177.png
117 KB, 400x667
>mfw

Marvelfags BTFO
>>
File: Man-with-No-Name-Trilogy.jpg (14 KB, 302x291) Image search: [Google]
Man-with-No-Name-Trilogy.jpg
14 KB, 302x291
>>67677853
Yeah. It is as dumb as grown men cosplaying cowboys and shooting blanks at each other.
>>
>>67677921
His speech in that scene has more depth than any line read in a marvel or Nolan movie.
>>
>>67677921
>looks more filmlike
Explain what this means
>>
>>67677777
Damn pewdiepie has pretty good taste
>>
File: U2CrFPD.png (221 KB, 640x267) Image search: [Google]
U2CrFPD.png
221 KB, 640x267
>>67677745
>Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe that’s not it at all. Maybe a wisecracking raccoon and Deadpool’s masturbation jokes are just a lot more interesting."
go back to /v/, you mindless pleb.

TFW this scene is more intellectual and emotionally devastating than ANYTHING DC has EVER done. Nolanshit included.
>>
>>67677745
>>67677745
The movie sucks. Fuck off.
>>
>>67678002
He touched the shiney stone and saw his mom. Wow.
>>
>>67677745
I enjoy the butthurt the reviews have caused.
>>
>>67678002
Was that before or after the meme off?
>>
>>67678002
>Take my hand, Jimbo. Take my haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.
>>
File: 1417143670004.png (64 KB, 395x578) Image search: [Google]
1417143670004.png
64 KB, 395x578
>>67677745
>mfw all the meltdown the capeshitters are having due to all this
>>
wisecracking raccoon and deadpool is a lot more interesting than BvS yes.
>>
>>67678002

Please fucking kill yourself.

GOTG wasn't that bad but FUCK you're reaching hard.
>>
>>67678002
What's intellectual about it?

The guy lost his mom and gets a flashback when Gamora says: "Take my hand."

So deep.

topkek
>>
>>67677777
Pretty much what I think too. Aggregate sites just prompt more groupthink, and critics as a whole aren't much more educated than the laymen.

Also nice get
>>
This movie was easy to understand. It's a typical popcorn flick. The thing is that it its a bad movie in many many ways.
>>
>>67677745
>Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe that’s not it at all. Maybe a wisecracking raccoon and Deadpool’s masturbation jokes are just a lot more interesting.
They honestly were, and that's saying something.
>>
File: 1448859294319.jpg (65 KB, 592x698) Image search: [Google]
1448859294319.jpg
65 KB, 592x698
>BvS gets blasted by most critics
>MARVEL PAYOFFS!!! CRITICS ARE OUT OF TOUCH!
>BvS receives a positive review from a critic
>HAHAHA MARVELDRONES BTFO CRITICS CONFIRM
>>
Calling this movie intelligent is pretty much an instant indicator of your complete and utter lack of knowledge in regards to film. I guarantee the people who think this movie is anything but a mess are the same people who hail Nolan and Tarantino as "geniuses", probably scoff at the idea of watching a movie made before 1960, and call themselves "film buffs".

If your cinematic vocabulary hits it's limits at the words "cinematography" and "pacing", you're a fucking pleb through and through, and your opinion should be discarded.
>>
File: 1364074351001.gif (1 MB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1364074351001.gif
1 MB, 160x160
>>67678050
>>67678071
>>67678083
>>67678096
>>67678102
>DCucks are so mad they can't take the time to recognize stale baits

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/iul9LhMIAAPnh-4_NIWQpw/
>>
File: 1447209417875.jpg (18 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1447209417875.jpg
18 KB, 245x204
>>67677745
Fuck that. The movie makes no sense. Maybe Zack's DC will make more sense but right now it's:

>i hate u superman (this makes sense, admittedly)
>superman must be controlled! (again, makes sense)
>u bettr do wut i say or i kil ur mum m8
>die supermun
>but my mom's name is martha too
>oh okay then
>i give you your doomsday bwahahahahahaha
>Dr. Batman, I'm wonderwoman
>noise noise noise noise (is that Aquaman?!) noise noise noise
>spear to the heart
>he was a good friend
>>
It's reached a point where i can't tell if people are seriously defending this turd or if it's just shitposting
>>
>>67678002
DUDE DADROCK LMAO
>>
>>67678002
>>
>>67677777
>Zack Snyder crafts story of a technologically advanced civilization that goes to war on foreign soil all for the goal of "protecting [their] people", completely outclassing the natives and killing them without discrimination -- using specific imagery such as the elaborate first person views evocative of drone strikes
>American critics pan him
>Zack Snyder releases a natural followup where in the crusade of the soldier is realistically presented as brutal, efficient, and lethal instead of the glossy and glamorized depiction of the troops "fighting the good fight" and that American society perpetuates everywhere but errant dirty Oscar bait war flicks about the good ol boy in forced moral conflict. Zack shows that the line isnt crossed, in war the line never existed.
>American critics pan him again

Meanwhile the ""political thriller"" Captain America 2, drops its modern themes of domestic security and surveillance halfway through in favor of punching more Nazis ........ and critics love it and call it a more 'mature' Marvel film.

Coincidence?
>>
>>67678136
What if it's both?
>>
>>67677850
marvel movies suck giant dick even the first iron man, they are all the same stupid shit
>>
>>67678161
Sure, Zack can't build coherent and cohesive plots.
The entire fucking movie is an unorganized mess.
>>
>>67678002
>girl you wanna fuck turns into your mom
>fuck her anyways

deep
>>
>>67677745
>Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe that’s not it at all. Maybe a wisecracking raccoon and Deadpool’s masturbation jokes are just a lot more interesting.
>dude tries to pick out the worst aspects of the Marvel movies and still lists things that were approximately as interesting as BvS
Either this guy didn't get paid much to shill this movie or he's gonna get fired from the shill squad.
>>
>>67678126
>If your cinematic vocabulary hits it's limits at the words "cinematography" and "pacing", you're a fucking pleb through and through, and your opinion should be discarded.

Funny you'd say that. Most critics didn't even bother to use those words.
>>
>>67678002
Holy fuck marvel fans confirmed for being completely tastless and plebian. you can throw in the towel now on marvel
>>
>>67677745
>it’s pretty much the opposite of mindless entertainment
He has to be trolling, the third act of the movie is mindless CGI filled violence.
>>
File: 1459393915586.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1459393915586.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>67678176
>DCuck tears
>>
>>67677777
Started off strong, then went straight /pol/

Disappointing desu
>>
>>67678002
Does his mom's head look like a penis on purpose.
>>
>>67678220
nope i dontt even care about any superhero movies but the best one is captain america the first avengers. everything else is mediocre to poor
>>
>>67678228
>went straight /pol/

how so pledditfriend?
>>
>>67678176

This movie has your typical muggifin (kryptonite. In future films it will be motherboxes). And it has your typical buildup to a big cgi fest fight at the end.

Nothing new to see here.
>>
>>67678134
That's because most of them are confirmed tourists from the website that gets you banned if you call them out

I'm not even joking
They're spamming pastas about problem child 2 with all the things changed to fit BvS whilst thinking its all real
>>
The DC shills are really running rampant. I saw BvS, and it was horrible.

If you actually like competent directing, writing and acting, then don't see this film.
>>
https://youtu.be/LLyqFFR9kPE

This scene from Birdman sums up the critical response of BvS perfectly.
>>
>>67677745
Precisely people are shitting on it because it promised to be something more and ended up being the same average capeshit, but with worse cohesion and CGI quality than usual.
>>
>>67678251
acknowledging there's a progressive agenda makes you a nazi who turns jews into soap and lamp shades
>>
>>67678268
You seem like a real expert on said site.
>>
>>67678311
>main argument is that changing in comics is okay
>goes on side tirade about how marvel changing things in comics is bad
>meanwhile DC is already has more diverse casting than Marvel in 2 movies

he dont making much sense
>>
>>67678002
but was her name Citizen Moby Dick
>>
>>67678268
>uses terms like confirmed tourist
>knows what's going on in redditland

go back to plebbit red, your vagina is showing
>>
File: Check 'em.jpg (60 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
Check 'em.jpg
60 KB, 948x711
>>67678311
Exactly what I thought, the Nazis would have loved Batman vs Superman
>>
>What's the oldest lie on /tv/?

That Lex Luthor behaving like The Joker wasn't intentional.

The entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comics since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, and everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.

It compares Superman to Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, etc. Batman is compared with Ahab and Charles F. Kane. It compares Doomsday with a fire spouting dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, etc. So naturally it does the same with Lex (Zuckerberg). There are many comparisons with the Nolan trilogy because this film embraces it as part of the mythos too. For instance, the Batmobile scene ends up in him running into Superman, while in the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham football team's uniform is the same color in both films. Lois Lane and Rachel are dropped from a skyscraper.
It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.
The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face, the red graffiti on Superman's monument, and his slashed cheek, not to mention the nods to internet culture and memes. It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

The fact that not a single character behaved the way fanboys expected just proves the point that all this was intentional.
>>
>>67678176
What you said is true but it has nothing to do with the post you replied to
>>
File: 4745813-1580223503-chris.jpg (21 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
4745813-1580223503-chris.jpg
21 KB, 360x360
>>67678161
Watching Winter Soldier for the first time was when I started to realize that the MCU films are mediocre at best but people are tricked into thinking they're smart and well-crafted

>Friends have seen it and want to watch it again
>Okay might as well see it since I haven't yet
>Cap mourning Bucky in the museum
>"lol that's obviously the Winter Soldier"
>"chill dude that's not even the big twist"
>get to the bunker
>"oh cool supersmart AI that directs politics it's like MGS2 dumbed down"
>chill dude it's about how you can't trust the government it's smart just watch"
>hour and a half of action scenes follow
>"damn wasn't that good man?"
>mfw
>>
>>67678290
>thor
>thor 2
>the incredible hulk
>avengers
>avengers 2
>iron man
>iron man 2
>ironcman 3
>guardians of the galaxy
>ant man
>soon to be shit war
>black widow
>dr. strange
>infinity warrrrrrrrrrrr
>competent directing writing and acting
only ones you can argue are iron man 1 and 2 everything else is a phoned in product
>>
>>67678456
theres more political intrigue in the harry potter movies about wizards than all the marvel films
>>
>>67678321
Of course. 4 years of watching your kind slowly take over this art board teaches you quite a bit
>>
>>67678491
Why WAS Malfoy meeting Fudge down by the court room instead of Fudge's office?
>>
>>67678537
>dude you guys aren't cool enough to be here lmao

Haha make better use of the Internet your parents pay for.
>>
>>67678458

See

>>67678261

Dc is just coping how marvel does their movies. Are you too stupid to see this?
The worst part is they are rushing. Nobody gives a shit about superman or batman as characters because they have done an awful job of developing these characters.. And now they want to shove all these other characters in your face, all while copying marvel.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>"Marvel is shit!"
>"No DC is shit!"
>>
>>67678458
Seriously, and even the first iron man ends pretty fucking pathetically
Iron man 2 is trash though

Captain America 2 is a 7/10

Everything else is inarguably bad
>>
>>67678161
>>
>>67678593
probably because the minister was about to go inside the courtroom, they also changed the time of the hearing, so the minister might have been doing what have you beforehand. malfoy knows he will be at the courtoom a couple of minutes before the start of the hearing so thats where he decides to be
>>
>>67678682
But it's after the hearing.
>>
>>67677921
Crédit where credit is due, the movie does look good. The editing, story, everything else is what sucks balls
>>
>>67678601
It's not about ""cool""" you lack the cinematic knowledge to be here
>>
>>67678695
no it was before, i just checked
>>
>>67678704
The story isn't bad.

The only bad thing about the movie is the editing. Acting, story, etc, are pretty good.
Some choreography are silly, but that's a given in capeshit.
>>
>>67678726
>lack the cinematic knowledge to be here.

I felt like hot shit the first time I saw taxi driver too.
>>
thb senpai the most concerning thing about all of this is how millenial males have allowed consumer brands to compose such a large part of their identity that they're willing to get super belligerent and literally take sides over this shit.
>>
>>67677804
Jokes on you, Suicide Squad is undergoing reshoots to make it quipier.
>>
>>67678810
>taxi driver is his go to movie as a response
Just more proof you are a low cinema IQ ape
>>
>>67678849
at this point im not watching any capeshit in theaters. unless one that obviously isnt deadpool tier is rated r
>>
>>67677745
Fucking Prometheus all over again.
>Everyone who hates it is too stupid to understand it.

Yeah, okay. Weird how this movie is only "understood" by people who have DC bedsheets and a Batman buttplug.
>>
>>67678849

They should also fix it if the plot pacing and shitty storytelling resembles BvS
>>
>>67677745
DCucks ITT:
>WE FINALLY GOT A POSITIVE REVIEW.
>>
>>67678935
people that use the term dccuck have to be the most vile in the nation next to niggers
>>
>>67678931
I actually have a flicker of hope because of the director. But I fucking hate Jared Leto so much.
>>
>>67678762
>“So what will you have to do about the toilet?” Harry asked, grinning. Everything suddenly seemed five times funnier than usual. It was starting to sink in: He was cleared, he was going back to Hogwarts.
>“Oh, it’s a simple enough anti-jinx,” said Mr. Weasley as they mounted the stairs, “but it’s not so much having to repair the damage, it’s more the attitude behind the vandalism, Harry. Muggle-baiting might strike some wizards as funny, but it’s an expression of some-thing much deeper and nastier, and I for one —”
>Mr. Weasley broke off in mid-sent
ence. They had just reached the ninth-level corridor, and Cornelius Fudge was standing a few feet away from them, talking quietly to a tall man with sleek blond hair and a pointed, pale face.
>The second man turned at the sound of their footsteps. He too
broke off in mid-conversation, his cold gray eyes narrowed and fixed upon Harry’s face.
>“Well, well, well . . . Patronus Potter,” said Lucius Malfoy coolly.
>Harry felt winded, as though he had just walked into something heavy. He had last seen those cool gray eyes through slits in a Death Eater’s hood, and last heard that ma
n’s voice jeering in a dark graveyard while Lord Voldemort tortured him. He could not believe that Lucius Malfoy dared look him in the
face; he could not believe that he was here, in the Ministry of Magic, or that Cornelius Fudge was talk-ing to him, when Harry had told Fudge mere weeks ago that Malfoy was a Death Eater.
>“The Minister was just telling me about your lucky escape, Potter,” drawled Mr. Malfoy.
>>
>>67678971
>people that
people who

And no one says dccuck.
>>
>>67678849
Who or what is the main villain for the Suicide Squad movie
>>
The plebs can't handle the capekino
>>
>>67678974

Kek. SS is literally a tour de force of actors who deserve to be punched in the face.
>>
File: ootp1.jpg (110 KB, 1200x696) Image search: [Google]
ootp1.jpg
110 KB, 1200x696
>>67678980
>book
this is /tv/ holy shit
>>
File: images (5).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>67677777
QUINTS CONFIRMED
>>
>>67678456
are you the friend that calls out obvious things during movies, thinking you are smart?

>that kid with the scar is Harry Potter. This movie is dumb, it's obviously him.

>The Revenant has Indians, huh? Just like Dances with Wolves except with muh pelts

I bet you're also the type of person that thinks Macready put gasoline in the whiskey bottle, which proves Childs is a Thing.
>>
>>67678980
another reason why the movies are better than the books, makes more sense malfoys meeting him before the hearing

malfoy whispers something like 'minister we must to do the right thing' and the minister mutters yes but we must be...'
>>
>rewatch Guardians of the Galaxy, a film I enjoyed the first time
>Realize it's quippy pleb fodder, start getting distracted and wonder what else is on

Have I grown out of Marvel movies guys?
>>
>>67677745
>people actually saying BvS was deep and thought provoking

Is this a meme? Don't get me wrong Marvel movies aren't thought provoking either but at least they don't pretend they are. BvS was just as mind numbing as any Marvel movie except for the fact that it's also less coherent. Its clear that the whole "BvS is too deep for Marveldrones" was a meme started by DCucks to try and make up for the fact that the movie was shit but are people actually taking it seriously now?
>>
>>67679181
welcome to the world of capekino
>>
>>67679181
>film
You're a a pleb through and through
Please do the actual cinema fans here a favor and stay on /v/ or /co/
>>
File: turblossom.jpg (434 KB, 1154x542) Image search: [Google]
turblossom.jpg
434 KB, 1154x542
Batman v Superman fix'd

>RT score 92%
>>
>>67679181
gotg is bad, the force awakens is literally oscar tier compared to it, not that the oscars mean anything but you know what i mean
>>
>>67679196
Lots of plot points go over people's head, so people don't understand the plot and call it shit.

Not saying the movie is deep, but apparently the average capeshitter can't think and needs exposition with the character saying "MY PLAN IS THIS THIS AND THAT!" like Marvel garbage does.
>>
>>67679252
/thread
>>
>>67678641
Captain, while a great many of DCucks are fine with watching terrible movies with shitty direction and editing,

there are some critics on rotten tomatoes who prefer to watch competently made movies that are enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>67679024
Joker I guess.
>>
>>67679024
zombies
>>
>>67679252
You win. GG. WP.
>>
>>67679264
There's a difference between "going over your head" and "convoluted". BvS had nothing going over my head except my dick in WW scenes
>>
>>67679024
They havent said, but Tattooed Man
>>
>>67677997
Marvel movies almost all look like episodes of Star Trek TNG with much larger special effects budgets.

Batman V Superman, like the Nolan movies and Man of Steel before it, actually looks like a FILM.
>>
>>67679264
How did any plot point from BvS go over anyone's head? It was clear from the trailers exactly what the plot points were and any idiot can figure it out. It seems more likely to me that because the movie recieved such a horrible score from critics, contrarians saw it as a perfect opportunity to come out and say how great it was and try to make themselves seem like they are geniuses for spotting the "brilliance" of this movie that all the plebs could not. Its only because BvS scored a 28 on RT that these threads even exist. If it scored a 60 everyone here would just call it dumb capeshit.
>>
>>67679469
BB, TDK, TDKR looked like film you tasteless videogame sensibility
BvS and MoS looked like videogame cut scene tier trash
>>
>>67679469
this desu fampai
>>
File: overmyhead.jpg (24 KB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
overmyhead.jpg
24 KB, 460x258
>>67679404
>quips to hide his blatant stupidity
>>
>>67679503
Snyder is one of the worst narrative directors alive but I will be damned if someone is going to sit here and lie and say that he cant do action scenes and that the CGI and effects in MoS and BvS werent great
>>
>>67679500
Not really.

People bash on BvS plot because they can't understand Lex's motivation, or Bruce's hate towards Supes, or Bruce then becoming buddies with Supes.

If people don't understand that, then they are really stupid.
They say "why? why? why?" when the movie tells you why in a subtle way, not in a blatant exposition.
>>
>>67678002
i actually did like this scene and it was plenty deeper than MARTHA and batman not letting us forget his parents are dead

at least this had some tact to it
>>
>>67679469
>actually looks like a FILM
>looks like a FILM
>looks

Looks can be deceiving
>>
>>67678002
Look at the cinematic depth in this shot
I can't fucking believe it

this is literally parajanov tier
>>
>>67679503
Putting aside the lack of colour and Dragonball Z-esque ending, Man of Steel was a visually-stunning film. Don't even try and deny it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ciuisg2RNA
>>
>>67679503
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>67679603
And then they all joined hands and all started glowing, then Chris Pratt said the title of the movie.
>>
>>67679500

>being able to follow a narrative and actually understanding what a movie is saying are the same thing

Also I genuinely enjoyed it regardless of what people said before or after.
>>
>>67679600
Well by that logic I can call you stupid. If those people are stupid for not understanding simple plot points, I'll say you are stupid for thinking they were subtle. As far as I'm concerned the plot points were thrown right in your face.
>>
>>67678002
"Mommy dying of cancer is tragic."

Really? I have learned something today.... fuck off.
>>
File: image.png (371 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
371 KB, 640x360
>>67678121
They do that with RT too.
>Marvel gets a bad review
>BTFO MARVELKEKS
>DC gets a bad review
>NO ONE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT RT XDD
>>
>>67679654
>Man of Steel was a visually-stunning film.
The cinematic knowledge of an embryo everyone
>>
>>67679654
God i fucking enjoy this movie on so many levels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEH-Itx73A
>>
>>67678136
whereas we all know you are the one shitposting pretending to hate shitposting
>>
>>67678002

What PS3 game is this?
>>
>>67679683
>>67679820

no no you guys are right. MARTHA was miles more deep and poignant between to edgy grown men in costumes
>>
>>67679696
>being able to follow a narrative and actually understanding what a movie is saying are the same thing

They are not the same thing but both were easy to understand
>>
>>67678190
No, it's the exact opposite. nice shitposting/meme
>>
>>67679816
Apparently they were subtle. What else would explain people not understanding it?
>>
>>67677745
>incoherent pretentious mess is somehow worse than mindless entertainment
>not realizing that both are terrible, and the race to the bottom of mainstream movie quality is shitting up how we talk about movies

also, yes. deadpool is definitely a better movie than bvs. philosophy-wise and entertainment-wise.
>>
File: 1455220380384.gif (163 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455220380384.gif
163 KB, 640x640
>My children movie is better than your children movie

Kill yourself capechildren
>>
>>67679901
You've gazed into the abyss too long, friend.
>>
>>67678161

But I thought saying Winter Soldier is good was one of those memes you guys keep rambling about. I mean, it's objective shit and much worse than BvS
>>
>>67678261
learn what a macguffin is (and the spelling)

>In fiction, a MacGuffin (sometimes McGuffin or maguffin) is a plot device in the form of some goal, desired object, or other motivator that the protagonist pursues, often with little or no narrative explanation. The specific nature of a MacGuffin is typically unimportant to the overall plot.
>>
>>67679895
Well it's like >>67679600
said. People who didn't understand it are stupid
>>
>>67679654
>man of steel
>visually stunning ""film""
nebraska, the great beauty, blue, under the skin, only god forgives are visually stunning films from that year
>>
>>67678413
So you're saying these character have no character and need to be rhinoplastied with a bunch of other unrelated bullshit to be made interesting.
>>
>>67679123
>uses two shit movies as an example to defend a shit franchise
never change MCUck
>>
>>67679024
Magic Tattoo Joker
>>
>>67677745
I really feel bad for the dccucks
I mean it,
for the longest time all they had was MoS and they had to try and defend that, imagine trying to defend that turd.
Then they finally get a chance at a real movie. But instead of just being excited about it and discussing it they instead went full autist and shitposted for literally months on end how it was going to be the marvel killer, and how it was going to be the best capeshit ever made.
So when it didnt blow the entire world away they had to slink back here and attempt to defend it while marvelshits got to just lean back and shitpost with the greatest of ease.

i mean its their own fault. but still its like watching that retarded kid attack an anthill with his bare hands.
>>
>>67680097
>tried to defend MoS
MoS was actually good though
>>
>>67679878
nice meme/shitposting
Martha was set up in the film's opening scene and paid off when the name gave Bruce an epiphany, defusing his rage and redeeming him. Superman is the saviour who redeems Batman and sets him back on the right path.
>>
>>67679895
lying/memeing/shitposting for attention?
>>
>>67679993

Do you really think a mongrel that calls superman visually stunning has seen actual art?
>>
>>67679196

BvS was about a Sun God taking human.
The übermensch elevationg himself to struggle with god
And a scientist, using promethean fire to create life.
The movie is deep, that doesnt mean it was well directed.
The movie starts with Bruce's dream. After he loses his parents the Bat Totem Elevate hims over other mortals. It's the classic story of a greek hero, now enforced by a übermensch that doubts his legacy.
>>
>>67680097
>watching that retarded kid attack an anthill with his bare hands
nice meme. That is literally you.
>>
>>67680198
tfw if supermans mommy wasnt the same name as batflecks mommy he would have straight up murdered superman
>TI,,TIFFANY
stab
>>
>>67680115

Oops I forgot the wink*wink*.gif in my post
>>
>>67680097

The film is more ambitious than anything marvel has ever done and we want it that way. It just hasn't paid off yet, but the source material is infinitely better and they have the heart in the right place. Being a marvelcuck who pays to see the same flick over and over is more embarrasing than defending the idea that blockbusters can be artistic
>>
>>67677745
>Maybe a wisecracking raccoon and Deadpool’s masturbation jokes are just a lot more interesting
That actually is true, that's how bad BvS was.
>>
>>67680198
set up and payoff doesn't work when the payoff is fucking stupid.
>>
>>67677745
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
>>67680275
>i know you are but what am i
nice defense kid,

>>67680115
dude that was less then a minute later
are you that quick the defend that movie?
>>
>>67680306
hey man whatever you have to tell yourself, even if its
> so what if the movie sucked, it was trying to be something
a piece of shit trying to be a flower is still a piece of shit
>>
>>67680306

Can you explain what was different other than the tone from a marvel movie or any other popcorn flick?

Everything that happened in the film was a build up to a big cgi fest cartoon battle. Just like every other blockbuster. Just it looked worst that any marvel movie.
They even had the item they had to get. The kryptonite.
>>
>>67680306
>smash your two most successful stories of both characters together and hope for the best
>ambitious
They played it as safe as goddamn possible.
>>
i cant believe people are calling this movie smart?

really? smart?
>>
I love how this movie turned everyone into aspiring cinephiles

Looking at these threads is like looking at toddlers playing with a jigsaw puzzle

I can't wait until the pseudo intellectual manchildren starts ripping apart classics to justify their weirdo attraction to garbage
>>
>>67677777
quints of truth
>>
>>67680260
All of that is fine but it's no different from the comics.
>>
>>67680362
shitty meme mate
>>
File: BVS-FP-0331r[1].jpg (129 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
BVS-FP-0331r[1].jpg
129 KB, 950x534
>INSTEAD OF TRYING TO REASON WITH MY OPPONENT AND EXPLAINING THE SITUATION COHERENTLY, I WILL JUST THROW SOME VAGUE EXPLANATION FOR 2 MILISECONDS BEFORE I START KICKING THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. THAT IS A GREAT PLAN
>>
File: 1459390685717.jpg (265 KB, 1372x1211) Image search: [Google]
1459390685717.jpg
265 KB, 1372x1211
>>
>>67680434

It tried to depict how it would be to have an omnipotent being alive on earth, even if that being was good. People without power would praise to it and people with power would try to kill it, some people would blame it for their problems. They thought it out at least, what happens in one movie it's not inconsequential to the next
>>
>IM THE WORLDS GREATEST DETECTIVE, BUT INSTEAD OF DOING A BACKROUND CHECK ON MY OPPONENT, AND I WILL JUST SPENT MY TIME BEING MANIPULATED BY THE BIGGEST FAGGOT IN EXISTENCE. I HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF KILLING MY OPPONENT, UNLESS HIS MOTHERS NAME IS MARTHA. IM SO SMART
>>
>>67677745
top kek
it's the most cliche CGI ridden typical flick..

I like DC heroes etc but come on, this movie was terribly casted and directed. It was your run of the mill popcorn flick x10
>>
I HATE THIS MAN FOR NO REASON AND I WILL DEVOTE ALL MY LIFE AND MY RESOURCES TO DESTROY HIM. THAT INCLUDES DEAD ALIENS, FOOLING TWO IDIOTS INTO FIGHTING FOR OBVIOUS BAIT REASONS, A PISS OF JAR AND OF COURSE THE DESTRUCTION OF THE PLANET IM SUPOSSEDLY PROTECTING AGAINST HIM. LEL IM A TRUE GENIUS
>>
>>67680858
I hate Zack Synder.
>>
>>67680811
>They thought it out at least
No they fucking didn't. They barely took it beyond:
>People without power would praise to it and people with power would try to kill it, some people would blame it for their problems.

All it really amounted to was a bunch of shots of people going "YAY/BOO SUPERMAN!" and then Superman looking sad or whatever. It was one of the only interesting ideas in the movie and they did fucking nothing with it. Just like everything else in this garbage heap, it was empty and meaningless.
>>
>>67680858

What background check? He's Superman, an alien. The entire world is constantly watching his moves. Batman has no reason to think there's something hidden about him.
>>
>>67680946
THEN I WILL CREATE THE LOGOS OF THESE OTHER SUPERHEROES AND RANDOMLY TALK TO SATAN
>>
>>67680858
this isnt your shitty comics
>>
>>67680946

This is how i know you're an idiot. Lex Luthor doesn't care about other people much more about the planet Earth. In no moment the movie showed Lex saying he cared about other people.
>>
>>67681001

Dude the fucking motivation of the bad guy is that fucking superman didn't stop his abusive father from raping his boipussy, that's a little bit more than "YAY/BOO". You need to pay attention when you watch kinos
>>
File: 1445629339526.jpg (77 KB, 639x640) Image search: [Google]
1445629339526.jpg
77 KB, 639x640
>>67677745
>>>/co/

Fuck off with your corporate wankery. Nobody with a brain cell cares.
>>
File: jar of peepee.png (483 KB, 1280x527) Image search: [Google]
jar of peepee.png
483 KB, 1280x527
The only good part of this movie was the scene where Holly Hunter drinks Lex Luther's piss and then Lex blows up a double amputee's wheelchair
>>
File: bvsclark-161576.jpg (140 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
bvsclark-161576.jpg
140 KB, 655x380
>>67680858
>I DON'T TRUST THIS BAT VIGILANTE BECAUSE OF ONE SENSATIONALIZED NEWS REPORT AND A FEW RANDOM POLAROIDS THAT ARE CLEARLY MEANT TO MANIPULATE ME INTO NOT TRUSTING HIM
>>
>>67678176
>being THIS contrarian
Even here where people absolutely fucking despise capeshit the first iron man gets praise, and so do both of the captain America movies, especially winter soldier. And I've seen so little bashing of the avengers that I'm convinced the people bitching were just shitposting.
TLDR you're fucking retarded even most contrarians don't hate all marvel movies.
>>
>>67680946
He hates him because he reminds him of everything he's not: handsome, muscular, all-powerful, grew up having a happy childhood. He is basically r9k and /pol/ rolled into one. Perfectly believable as a character
>>
>>67681115
The Avengers is terrible though.
>>
>>67681107

The news reports and the polaroides were all fucking real. Batman became fucking brutal.

Why are people this dumb?
>>
>>67681160
The first one? I didn't necessarily love it but it was definitely done right. The second one sucked ass though. I liked it the first time but only because I was on drugs.
>>
>>67681107

Batman went full vigilante after Robin died or did he? :S so everything he believes is true. What makes no sense is that when Batman crashes the batcar or whatever into him, he didn't pull him out and took him to the police, but whatevs
>>
>>67678190
No it fucking isn't you dickhead
>>
File: 1451491054278.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
1451491054278.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
>>67681180
There was no evidence that he had killed anybody at that time though, he just chained up a criminal and branded him. This was the reason for Clark thinking that Batman was undermining the safety of Gotham.
>>
File: jayce.png (110 KB, 200x337) Image search: [Google]
jayce.png
110 KB, 200x337
>>67680946
I bet you got really mad when you didn't understand why the joker was doing random shit and batman wasn't killing him in TDK too
go back to plebbit
>>
>>67681333

The people he branded ended up dead because of the branding.

The movie show that Batman had retired and then come back way more brutal. That's why Clark wanted to do an article on it.

He probably thought that Batman coming back like that would fuck things worse for himself, but that's me thinking about it.
>>
>>67681394
>The movie show that Batman had retired and then come back way more brutal.

He hadn't retired, he just got more brutal
>>
File: 1458928823783.jpg (1 MB, 4601x2365) Image search: [Google]
1458928823783.jpg
1 MB, 4601x2365
>>67677777
>intelectual deductions about the world
>>
>>67681446

He retired. The newsman said it.
>>
File: 1459185359479.jpg (188 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1459185359479.jpg
188 KB, 1462x1462
>>67677816
>>67677850
>>67677909
>>67677853

[INCREASINGLY NERVOUS MARVELSHILL]
>>
>>67677777
>he's not like a black transgender woman; perfect in every way

kek
>>
>>67679941
Nice deflection DCuck
>>
>>67679196
People think symbolism=deep. However in the case of bvs, Snyder tried to cram symbolism everywhere at the cost of the movie, and it goes from a subtle touch to full on self masturbatory. Knowing what he was going for doesn't change the fact that he made several pointless scenes and made half the characters brainless and forced into a role they weren't meant to fulfill. His hard on for symbolism basically ruined what was supposed to be a simple movie with a simple premise, and the complex things he threw in have absolutely no pay off, yet he wants you to pay attention to everything he presents like a spoiled kid playing with building blocks. By doing this he fails to provide a thought provoking movie worth mulling over, and a brain dead action flick.
>>
>Batman Begins and The Dark Knight get praised
>Batman v. Superman got shat on
What the hell is it so hard for you DCucks to understand. Batman v. Superman is just a bad movie, it doesn't do the seriousness and darkness right. Regardless of what /tv/ thinks of Nolan they can agree that he's a far better director than Zack ever was. Now fuck off
>>
>>67681480

Disappearing from the public eye seems like it makes more sense, Bruce going on a vision quest or some shit before returning meaner than before. I mean at best that dude is guessing.

When was that scene though with the newsguy?
>>
However cheap and shallow Marvelshits are, at least the movies are made adequately in terms of movie craft. Snyder thinks that since he's got a few interesting ideas, people will forget all the problems in terms of pacing, editing, sound design and character development.

I never left the cinema after watching a marvelshit thinking that the movie was a mess from the cinematography standpoint. Better or worse, they're always competent.
>>
marvel and its who-roes is finished
>>
>>67682261

>who-roes
>>
>>67681604
I agree and I think that's the major downfall. Its one thing to take a movie about superheroes and make it serious but you should never try to make it something it's not. It's like going paintballing. It's a game for people to enjoy but that doesn't mean you can't take it seriously. However, if you show up there decked out in camo, paintball guns that look like military issued weapons, combat boots, and refer to your teammates as your "squadron" or whatever you just look foolish and suck the enjoyment right out of it. It makes me ask the question. If Snyder is so determined to make art, why does he use something like "capeshit" to be his foundation for it? It's like trying to make a hilarious comedy based around Schindler's List.
>>
>>67677745
>capeshit-is-too-smart-for-capeshit-fans
>>
>>67677745
does anyone buy into this kind of talk? its as idiotic as saying batman is the most interesting superhero in a way because he is the most human"
>>
>>67678161

>MUH THEMATICS DEPTHS

Just because something is slightly deeper than a puddle of piss doesn't mean it's actually good.
>>
>>67678456
marvel event movies are the big bang theory of film.
>>
>>67678458
I liked thor, it was comfy.
>iron man
was also good
>dr. strange
hyped
>>
File: Comic-3-and-Lucky-Charms.jpg (91 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Comic-3-and-Lucky-Charms.jpg
91 KB, 600x400
my nephew keeps asking me to take him to batman v superman and I keep telling him that it's not for him it's for super serious adults like me

while I eat my lucky charms cereal

its actually a true story
>>
>>67682174
desu, Marvel is often shit but Snyder has his head too far up his own ass. both are underwhelming but at least you enjoy marvel the same way you did transformers (if you liked transformers on a big screen)
>>
>>67677777
>it needs to have some faggot
>it needs to have something
>it needs to have something to sell

>addressing recent comics race shit
that boy going in
>>
I liked batman forever more than this movie.
>>
>>67678135
Luthors entire plan with Batman was to get Superman away from the ship while Doomsday was being made.
He spent two years creating a one hour distraction because Superman would have otherwise done everything possible to stop him in the ship before Doomsday came out.
That is how far Luthor will go to win, that's how he plays chess, a million moves ahead of everyone.
The only reason Batman stopped was that Superman was willing to die as long as Batman saved his mother making Batman realise that Superman wasn't that 1% chance of annihilation that he had to take as an absolute. Because with his last breath he wanted to save his family which Batman understood because he lost his parents and couldn't do anything to help them.
Luthor likely figured that even after the fight was over Superman would waste time finding his mother.

Only thing missing is what Luthors plan for post-Superman/post-Doomsday was. Doomsday would have killed him, without Wonder Woman and Batman, but in a world with Doomsday could Luthor have controlled him? Maybe with his DNA or something(would have been nice if they'd indicated something along those lines).

I don't see how this was hard for anyone to follow at all.
>>
File: supes coffee.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
supes coffee.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>67677745
>it’s pretty much the opposite of mindless entertainment
Well the movie's definitely the opposite of entertainment, I'll give it that much.
>>
>>67677777
[batman] >he's not like a black person, perfect in every way
>like a black transgendered woman
>he's not like that, strong powerful and emancipated

ayyyy
>>
>>67678135
"I'll write it in greentext with the linguo of a 12 years old kid with ADHD, that will show them"

Nope. Write like a normal adult person and I'll reply.
>>
>>67677777
>ghostbusters will get a pity score from critics and a bad score from audience
>these people can't see past their ideologies
he's still going in
>>
>>67677745
based NY POST
BvS will be remembered as Citizen Kane of capeshit
>>
>>67683383
if you werent entertained, you probably went in wanting to hate the movie.
>>
>>67677745
>look guys, shit is better than bigger shit
who cares about fucking capeshit, comparing bvs to marvel doesn't make bvs any less shitty
>>
>>67677777
>do you think vox would have a problem if superman was black? would it be a crime against comic book readers?
>>
>>67678161
>>67678456
>Thinking they put ALL THE FAULT ON THE NAZIS in Winter Soldier.
Who started this meme?
>>
>>67682548
I think the simplest word that describes Snyder and what he attempted with bvs is pretentious. People call him a hack, but I think he's being such a tryhard that he inadvertently flips to the other side of the scale to a complete shitter.
>>
>>67683614
t. >>67681071
>>
>>67680800
kewl
>>
>>67683614
like boring pretentious shit?
>>
>>67680946
Did you not understand what was going on at all in this film? Lex Jr. is a misotheist, and he views superman as a proxy for all the Gods that humanity has believed in at one time or another. He says as much.

He states "Either God is not all-powerful, or he is not all-benevolent..." Luthor then goes on to play out this argument on the grandest stage possible, with Superman acting as the proxy for God. If Superman loses and is killed by Batman, then he is not all-powerful. If he wins, then he kills Batman on orders from Luthor, and as such cannot be all-benevolent.

That's far from no reason, but it was probably 3deep5u.
>>
>>67678002
>>>/wsg/951657
>>
>>67684587
This, unfortunately the quipgeneration has to be spoonfed everything and cannot form a single coherent thought.
>>
>/tv/ actually recognizing the greatness instead of just shitposting about how boring it was
>>
>>67684587
>If he wins, then he kills Batman on orders from Luthor, and as such cannot be all-benevolent.
Why can't he win and not kill Batman?
>>
>>67684707
Watch the movie and find out.
>>
>>67684707
Because Luthor told Superman that if he didn't kill Batman then Luthor was going to kill MARTHA/ .
>>
>>67683568
>Write like a normal adult person and I'll reply.
you already replied stupid faggot.
>>
File: joker stare 84300.jpg (37 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
joker stare 84300.jpg
37 KB, 576x432
> NY Post
>>
>>67684871
>Xenos
>joker stare 84300.jpg
>>
File: again.jpg (10 KB, 172x232) Image search: [Google]
again.jpg
10 KB, 172x232
I have been out of the loop for quite some time and dont know what /tv/ consenus is

Did /tv/ already go full contrarian and started loving it yet?

because i genuinely loved it and would like to see someone not shitting on it once in a while ;_;
>>
File: 1459455548364.jpg (78 KB, 750x535) Image search: [Google]
1459455548364.jpg
78 KB, 750x535
>>67685028
/tv/ is fighting about it still
>>
>>67685028
authentic /tv/ considers it trash
plebs from /v/ and /co/ and twitter love it
>>
>>67685056
Well marvelcucks form a sizeable population here but i am sure even they can get wrecked

>>67685088
upvoted
>>
>>67684587
Okay but superman is literally not a God

So Lex is just crazy

This subtext is lost
>>
>>67685133
>Okay but superman is literally not a God
Not him but were you paying literally any attention to the film?
>>
>>67684707
Because Batman would never give up
He'd fight to the last breath

Humanity fuck yeah
>>
>>67685121
>upvoted
No surprise outsider. Your kind has been exposed >>67681071
>>
>>67677777
WOW will you look at those digits
>>
>>67685028
I liked it.
>>
>>67685088
/v/, /co/ and reddit hates this movie you retard. But maybe you should go back to those places and jerk each other off.
>>
Is this movie better or worse than MoS?

Because I refuse to believe it can be better.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.