[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Batman about to kill superman with kyptonite spear >Lois
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
>Batman about to kill superman with kyptonite spear
>Lois Lane: HE'S JUST TRYING TO SAVE HIS MOM
>Batman becomes insta besties with supes

this movie had so much potential.....utterly wasted...
>>
>>67676784
No to mention horrendous casting choices especially for Aquaman, flash and lex.
>>
>Bruce, listen to me, I don't want to fight you
>WHY DID YOU USE MACHINE GUNS ON ME I'M GOING TO THROW YOU THROUGH A BUILDING
>>
Reboot pls before its too late
New cast and director

Except for Afleck and Cavill they can stay
>>
>>67676933
I think Aquaman's a weird enough character and not that well known enough so that they could get away with Moam
>>
>>67677262
No. He needs to be removed
>>
>>67677300
I'd wait until we actually see him as the character before making assumptions.
>>
This just dawned on me.
Batmans fathers last words was "....Martha" as he was lying on the ground, about the die.
It was the same thing with Supes. That's why Batman went ballistic when he heard it. It's like poetry.
Literally capekino.
>>
>>67676784
'Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.

You have this shift from Batman falling into despair because 'he let his parents die' to turning that into a positive condition ("I failed him in life, I will not fail him in death"). The bat-symbol is fantastically reinterpreted to stand for a child being pulled from the darkness, from the perspective of someone still in it. (Of course, in the Nolan film this shot is referring to, it was Bruce's father who pulled him out. Snyder replaces the literal father with an ambivalent light, and has Bruce pushed up from beneath.)

The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face. It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.
>>
>>67676784
>What's the oldest lie on /tv/?

That Lex Luthor behaving like The Joker wasn't intentional.

The entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comics since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, and everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.

It compares Superman to Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, etc. Batman is compared with Ahab and Charles F. Kane. It compares Doomsday with a fire spouting dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, etc. So naturally it does the same with Lex (Zuckerberg). There are many comparisons with the Nolan trilogy. Because this film embraces it as part of the mythos too. For instance, the Batmobile scene ends up in him running into Superman, while in the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham football team's uniform is the same color in both films. Lois Lane and Rachel are dropped from a skyscraper.
It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.
The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face, the red graffiti on Superman's monument, and his slashed cheek, not to mention the nods to internet culture and memes. It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

The fact that not a single character behaved the way fanboys expected just proves the point that all this was intentional.
>>
An honest question for you guys no biased or anything.
Will justice league happen?
Does Bvs need to make more money or has this ship sailed or what?
Or does nobody know ...
>>
>>67677364
OP BTFO
P

B
T
F
O
>>
>>67677384
It starts filming next week.
>>
>I don't wanna fight you Bruce
>AAAAAUUUGG MACHINE GUNS! I'm going to beat your shit!

Why.
>>
File: 1450918858542.jpg (22 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
1450918858542.jpg
22 KB, 240x311
>>67676784
Will the R-Rated version have extended lovemaking scene with Amy Adams?
>>
>>67677421
Can still be canned you know.
>>
>>67677421
So without getting into was the movie good or bad shitfest they are going to just go along with it anyways, hopefully without snyder?
>>
>>67677300
he was great in stargate atlantis
>>
>>67677472
No, Snyder is in contract for the two JL movies.
>>
>>67677364
PRAISE SNYDER
>>
>>67677454
nigga it already made 500m from box office. people like to say ughhhhhhhhhh it needs to make 1b to make a profit, but no one fucking counts all the partnerships from coke to cornflakes to fucking airlines.
>>
>>67677427

There was a deleted scene where they go on a mini-cruise and Superman bangs Lois so hard that the boat itself keels over and becomes trapped in ice. The boat pulling scene is taken from that sequence, I guess they removed it because it was too racy.
>>
>>67677364
Fuck. ME. I did not look into this like that, im going again tomorrow, I heard theres quite a few mythological references too
>>
What's the release on justice league anyways?
2018 or something?
>>
>>67677353
I'm surprised more people didn't get that part. They literally show a flash back to him saying "Martha"

This is the point where Batman realises he has become the man on the other side of the gun that killed his parents.
>>
>>67677488
Are you for fucking real? Can they not just get rid of him anyways
>>
>>67677564
November 2017
>>
>>67677364
I wonder how many times this pasta has been posted here.
>>
>>67677515
all that cut the cost down to what you see now.
>>
>>67677602
2017? what the actual fuck, that seems way too short, BvS took 3 years right, or am i retarded idk
>>
>>67677515
I don't think that'll amount to hundreds of millions of dollars though. A Super Bowl ad amounts to about 4.5 million dollars per minute and that's probably the highest you'd ever have to pay for a commercial
>>
>>67677643
It did, but WB knows they are already very late, I mean, by the time WB releases their first Avengers, Infinity War will be a couple of months ahead anyway.
>>
>>67677669
So it's all a race then and the quality of the film doesn't matter, seems about right.

I do hope they get justice league done right, but i doubt it, it will just be another one of lifes little disappointments but hey stranger things have happend maybe it will be good.
>>
>>67677423
He wasn't going to stand there ans listen so he has to use force.
Or kill him just to save his mom since he only has 24 minutes(from that point) to find her.
>>
What people are forgetting when discussing the financial state of BATMAN V SUPERMAN is that the budget of the film wasn't just to set up BvS, but also to set up the Justice League movies.

The costumes, the sets, et all. The budget was for all of that.

That's why they're going to already film the first Justice League in a week.
>>
Does anybody have the flick cinema kino chart with all the superhero movies on it?
>>
File: trashing.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
trashing.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>>67676933
nice opinions
>>
>>67676933
Literally the only good parts of the entire film and you hated them lofuckingl
>>
>>67677427
>“maybe even some brief nudity,”
wewlad
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/batman-v-superman-r-rated-directors-cut-to-feature-additional-30-minutes-of-footage/
>>
>>67677515
The airlines commercial is so stupid.
Plane tickets are expensive enough, I'm not going to pay extra to fly with Turkish Airlines just because they had a batman commercial.
>>
>>67676784
Movie was fucked from beginning. Instant hate towards Superman turns into instant bromance after he says he did it for his mother. Visuals were nice and cast was decent ( would prefer a different Lex but that's a personal preference I guess) but the story was utter shit.
>>
>>67678330
You're just showing how people who hate this movie didn't get it, if you honestly didn't get why Batman and people hated Superman and why Batman reconciled with him.

Really, if you are too dumb to understand a superhero movie, don't breed.
>>
>>67676933
Aquaman is fine in itself but he should be Aryan, Flash is shit, Lex is shit,

Perry White has a shit casting choice, So does Lane.
>>
>>67677364
Capekino confirmed
>>
>>67677321
What is there to see? the guy can only do one rol.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.