[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who's going to win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 488x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 488x302
So who's going to win?
>>
Kayako isn't fighting Samara you fucking image faggot
>>
Kayako all day.

You could pass the ring tape to literally anyone and save yourself

You could pass the grudge to literally anyone just by being in close proximity with them
>>
Kayako is over powered as fuck and would win in a straight fight against Sadako, but the writers are gonna nerf the fuck out of her otherwise the movie would be over in 5 seconds.
>>
>>67675765
There's a fucking trailer
>>
>>67675936
Yeah, and it's not called Samara vs Kayako
>>
>>67675960
Like I read moonrunes, weaboo.
>>
http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/videos/trailer-sadako-vs-kayako-crossover-ringu-ju-132822
>>
>>67676005
Being able to read Japanese has no bearing on what you're we're talking about. I still don't think you even understand what I'm criticizing you about.
>>
>>67676107
Cry into your hug pillow.
>>
>>67676135
You're the one wanting to talk about this film
>>
>>67676177
Am I?
>>
>>67675477
Who's that goblin on the left?
>>
>>67676207
She's the girl in The Exorcist
>>
File: kayako.webm (28 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
kayako.webm
28 KB, 480x270
>>67675477
kayako
>>
>>67675477
A ghost versus the ghost of a half-sea ogre. The latter clearly has more magical powers.
>>
>>67675477

>did you stick your big toe through the front door of kayako's house
>ye-
>you're fucked.

What a bullshit monster
>>
>>67677281
>Did you know someone who used to live in the same neighborhood as the house once
>you're fucked

She's a fucking angry ghost. By the way, the first movie in the two part recent reboot is actually pretty enjoyable. What they change is actually pretty interesting, but they fucked up and changed the way Toshio and now he's not scary. They also fucked up the bed scare, but overall I liked it.
The next year sequel sucked despite having the same staff.
>>
>>67677451
Toshio was never really that scary imo.
Have only seen the first though:
>>
Saw the American remakes of both a long time ago. Are the originals worth it?
>>
>>67677451
Without spoilers what's the deal with Ju-On 3? Is it a remake of the first Ju-On? A sequel to Ju-On 2? Although I don't really see it being a sequel since Kayako was reborn as that little girl at the end of Ju-On 2. So I guess it's a reboot / remake with The Final Curse continuing the story? I know the end of Final Curse ends with someone watching the Sadako videotape in the Saeki house. Does Sadako 3D 2 have a tie-in at the end of it? Is the Sadako 3D series canon at all or is it being ignored? I haven't even seen the Sadako 3D movies yet but don't they involve Sadako's curse moving onto the internet or something?
>>
>>67675765
Yes she is you fucking weeb
>>
>>67675771

Pretty sure Kayako will kill you no matter what you do. And she finds ways to get to your bros even after you're dead.
>>
>>67675477
how many version of ju-on are there?

i think i've seen the main movie, then a made for tv movie?, then ju-on 2, there are more?
>>
i've seen the movies, but why do you remember their names? fucking weeaboo faggots
>>
>>67677620
True. He was creepy in a cute way.

>>67677700
>Ju-On 3
You mean The Beginning of the End? It and the Final Curse are part of a reboot series. The Final Curse doesn't end that way either.
>>
>>67677811
>>
>>67677451
imdb link?
>>
>>67677736
the three american remakes
>>
>>67677854
What the fuck happened
>>
>>67677696
Well they're pretty much the exact same story but the Japanese ones tend to be spookier. The language barrier makes everything seem a lot more distant and unnerving. And the stereotype of American horror movies have a lot of loud dumb unnecessary jump scares is very true with the Grudge movies. Ju-On barely has any jump scares and the movie is obviously a lot more effective with it. The atmosphere of Ju-On is a lot more intense, not only due to the lack of American actors but because of the music. The music in The Grudge is stereotypical spooky horror music while the music for Ju-On is a lot more unconventional. Not only that if you can recall most of the scares in The Grudge were done with CGI. Something as simple as Kayako appearing on the other side of a fucking doorway was CGI, apparently getting the actress to stand on the other side of a doorway was way too much effort so they had to greenscreen her in. Shit is fucking ridiculous.

Funnily enough, the story of American Grudge movies is actually unquestionably superior. In the American Grudge movies the characters are actively trying to find ways to stop the curse. In The Ju-On movies the characters get infected by the curse, just wander about and before they can find out what's going on they die. There's no conflict, no hope, the characters get infected by the curse and die. I know everyone eventually ends up dying in the Grudge movies but at the least there's some intrigue in the story because you're convinced that there's a slim chance they might be able to stop the curse. Not only that Grudge 3 introduces a new ghost which is really spooky. Although the story of the Ju-On movies is practically non-existent I still prefer them solely for the atmosphere and scares.
>>
Honestly the grudge could do without toshio, he does literally nothing but act as a harbinger for kayako, you see him, you see his mother.

The most pointless deaths are deaths where Toshie is doing the haunting, that shit aint creepy at all
>>
>>67677696
Ringu is much better than The Ring, and the american Grudge is about as good as the 2002 japanese one unless you really hate Sarah Michelle Gellar or something.
>>
>>67677766
I literally just typed ring girl in google images hoping to rub one out and stumbled across this and image
>>
>>67677952
was it ring or ringu that had the boat scene with blood bubbling up from the back
>>
>>67677926
I remember seeing The Grudge (2004) back when I was a kid, honestly scared the shit out of me, kayako particularly, not because of hte jumpscares or the story or the atmosphere, but because of kayako herself (doesnt matter if japanese version, one actress played her in both).

The way she twitches and croak was haunting, I would stay up at night and be scared as fuck, I would even avoid going to the bathroom because I was crapping my pants for almost a week.

Man, do I miss that feeling, where you're just too fucking immersed to the movie that the ghost would not stop haunting after the movie ends, but I guess that came with age, Looking back at the franchise now.. it honestly.. sucks
>>
>>67677736
Ju-On: The Curse 1 & 2, both were made-for-TV movies. The studios saw the potential and had them remade for a theatrical release: Ju-On: The Grudge. There was an immediate sequel: Ju-On: The Grudge 2. The theatrical releases are actually superior. A lot of the scares in the made-for-TV movies fall flat on their face or are simply laughable due to the low budget.

After Ju-On: The Grudge 2 there were two spin-offs, Ju-On: Black Ghost and Ju-On: White Ghost. Neither of them feature the Saeki curse or ghosts, they are completely irrelevant to the main series, they don't feature any locations, characters or ghosts from the Ju-On series.

The American series has three films, simply titled The Grudge 1 - 3.

More recently they made Ju-On: The Beginning of the End and Ju-On: The Final Curse. Begiing of the End is a reboot of the series, with Final Curse being a direct continuation. Final Curse ends on a cliffhanger that ties directly into Sadako vs Kayako, much like how Jason Goes To Hell ended with a teaser to Freddy vs Jason.
>>
>>67677952
I seem to remember thinking the actual tape from the American version was a lot scarier
>>
>>67678086
whats the movie where there were hundreds of kayakos in a school haunting one girl?
>>
>>67678086
American Grudge 3 is definitely in the same tier of bad as the japanese tv movies.
>>
>>67678065
>because of kayako herself (doesnt matter if japanese version, one actress played her in both).
Yes, you found her frightening because it was the first movie you saw with an Onryō. Had you seen the Ju-On movies first, even at that age, you'd be like what the fuck is this shit? It is the same actress portraying her (for the first two movies of both series) but the make-up is noticeably different. In The Grudge her make-up and hair is too clean and Hollywood looking. And I'm not just saying this, her make-up is genuinely different in both series. Not to mention you never see her drenched in blood in the American series like you do in Ju-On. Not to mention the atmosphere makes her appearances infinitely more frightening.
>>
>>67678127
The made-for-TV movies. Ju-On: The Curse. Not sure if it was part 1 or part 2, cant remember. But yeah, that's the one.
>>
>>67678224
What is up with these onryos man? I swear to god they're the only type of ghosts that would still give me the chills, I found insidious' demons and ghosts funny, basically any other ghosts who resembles a human being.

But these long haired fucking shits still manage to keep me on guard
>>
>>67678282
Watch the original Shutter, mane.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF6iVTBvgu0
This is the ending. Mark my words.
>>
>>67678324
I've watched most of them already, Ringu/Ring/Grudge/ju-on/shutter will always be my big 3.

coming soon is a close second tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmdJxKtNLKM
>>
>>67678324
Shutter is not very good at all. Plebs convince themselves it's good just because it's Japanese and DUDE JAPANESE HORROR MOVIES ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN AMERICAN MOVIES LMAO. I know Shutter is Thai but the mentality remains the same. If Shutter was American it would be shat on like crazy. The scares are predictable as fuck and it has way more fucking jump scares than the typical American horror movie. An insulting amount. The only good part is the ending and the car scare. The rest is fucking trash.
>>
its asian horror movie
oh look its scaaaary pale girl with black hair and big eyes
so scary
>>
>>67678224
The bed scare is the easiest way to illustrate the differences between versions.
>>
>>67675477
*tsk* and white women wonder why white guys prefer asians [:- I]---<-----<
>>
>>67675477
who fucking cares?
>>
File: 1456481408208.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1456481408208.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>67678468
>western horror movie
>LOOK THEY HAVE ROTTEN SKIN OOOooooOOO
>>
i have fantasies of the grudge girl haunting me. not because she wants to kill me, but instead to fuck me.
>>
>>67677926
there is a huge difference in context between American horror and Japanese horror, which is why the "victims" respond so differently.
American horror is based on fear of the "different" and so is based more on conflict.
Japanese (contemporary) horror is based more on societal ills and isolation, so the people respond in a less pro-active way.
>>
>>67678710
the tropes apply even with american movies adapting foreign ones, things are altered to fit the expected model.
>>
>>67677926
I bet you greatly dislike Kairo.
>>
>>67678507
please tell me theres jav equivelent of this
>>
File: 8.jpg (8 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
8 KB, 240x180
>>67678866
fucking japs man
>>
Is there any specific reason why Youtube never takes down J-horror movies?
>>
>>67678384
you clearly don't know ringu
>>
File: 960.jpg (41 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
41 KB, 960x540
>>67678586
>>
File: tomie-e1329752230704.jpg (28 KB, 450x298) Image search: [Google]
tomie-e1329752230704.jpg
28 KB, 450x298
Kayako v. Sadako: Dawn of Unkempt Hair

But who tricked them into fighting each other?
Was it Tomie?
>>
File: The Grudge.jpg (58 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
The Grudge.jpg
58 KB, 500x667
>>67675477
Kayako would win since she doesn't have any limits imposed on her powers like Sadako does. Also, where Sadako is a psuedo-science fiction character being a dead psychic girl's residual psychic energy combined with small pox, Kayako is just a straight up supernatural entity. As if that wasn't enough, Kayako doesn't work alone. Kayako would win.
>>
>>67680980
the girl brought the video home
her home was the haunted house
>>
>>67679381
The jews don't own them.
>>
>>67679381
for the same reason most western copyrighted material manages to stay up on nicovideo
>>
>>67678224
I own them all and I can assure you that this was one instance where the American remake is better than the original. Ju-on and especially Ju-on 2 are laughable at best.
>>
File: Vomit.jpg (148 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
Vomit.jpg
148 KB, 1333x1000
>>67675765
>Samara
>>
File: 2o8_250.gif (1 MB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
2o8_250.gif
1 MB, 245x138
>its real

Holy fuck why?
>>
>>67682452
sadako 3d and 3d 2 was a success
>>
>>67682188
You are fucking deluded. Watch them again you oblivious cretin. If you're referring to Ju-On THE CURSE and not Ju-On The Grudge then sure, whatever, but there's no way in hell the American series is better than Ju-On The Grudge.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>67675765
>image.jpg

does this seriously trigger you faggots?

im going to have to start renaming everything image then xD
>>
>>67682667
I was referring to Ju-on The Grudge. I'm sorry for your shit taste. :^)
>>
>>67675960
>Samara
>Samara
Get off my 4chan you filthy dub fag
>>
>>67678586
J-Horror owes everything to The Exorcist.
>>
>>67682711
Just ignore them and maybe they'll fuck off back to /a/
>>
File: 1459028914895.jpg (16 KB, 425x336) Image search: [Google]
1459028914895.jpg
16 KB, 425x336
>>67678065
>tfw no one commented on the batrhoom thing because we're all guilty of it
>>
>>67685050
Guilty. I must admit, I saw the American remake in theaters when it came out and it traumatized me for years.
>>
All i know is that this movie will be my fap material for weeks.
>>
>>67685860
I was just about to say that. Ghost girls are best girls.
Kayako > Sadako to be real with you m8
>>
>>67685968
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=969663
>>
Whoever does

WE LOSE
>>
>>67686041
I have jacked it so many times to this picture.
>>
>>67686204
>>67685860
>>
Be honest with me niggas
http://strawpoll.me/7240930
>>
File: My Fetish.gif (2 MB, 290x188) Image search: [Google]
My Fetish.gif
2 MB, 290x188
>>67686463
>>
>>67678065
>Man, do I miss that feeling, where you're just too fucking immersed to the movie that the ghost would not stop haunting after the movie ends, but I guess that came with age
I would kill to be able to feel that again.
>>
Isn't Sadako like, the demon daughter of a sea deity? How is Kayako more powerful?
>>
>>67687249
Kayako can time travel and teleport, she can also send her victims to any exact date and time she wishes. She has also had a 100% fatality rate, no survivors.
>>
>>67687249
nah, she's just a powerful psychic
>>
>>67687329
>She has also had a 100% fatality rate, no survivors.
BANE?
>>
>>67687525
GRUDGE?
>>
>>67675477

This is either the best or worst thing to happen. Im terrified of Kayako and lesser so of Sadako, but damn if this movie happens it could either help me get over the Grudge series, or it could make me lose sleep for weeks to come.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.