[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Snoke is a nobody who rose to power Is this the general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1
File: snoke_72696f58.jpg (752 KB, 1272x636) Image search: [Google]
snoke_72696f58.jpg
752 KB, 1272x636
>Snoke is a nobody who rose to power

Is this the general consensus?
>>
>>67674418
JJ hasn't decided yet, so left it vague.
>>
>Supreme Leader Snoke

Star Wars is even lamer than capeshit
>>
snoke is ahsoka
>>
>>67674418
You could remove Snoke from the movie and it'd make no difference.
>>
>>67674481
>thinks everything is written by JJ
>>
>>67674481
>>67674752
Yup. This script is a piece of shit.
>>
He was Palpatine's accomplice or apprentice or something
>>
>>67674418
Nah, it's Plageuis. The music is all I need to convince me of that, and JJ saying it's not Plageuis means nothing to me.

1. He's probably going with the "when they change their religion they become a new person" crap, and
2. He lied about Cumberbatch being Khan.
>>
>>67674418

Snoke is probably Star War's equivalent to Asimov's The Mule, I can imagine them being very similar characters. Both rising from nothing with vast amount of powers which terrify people.
>>
>>67674758
Using the director is shorthand for the army of writers involved, idiot.
>>
>>67674418
Is Darth Bane and the rule of two still canon?

I know Vader sorta put an end to it killing his master and dying himself, but who knows what the fuck palpatine was up to, Vader could have even have had an apprentice which is one of the reasons Kylo is so up his ass.
>>
>>67674796
>tying in to the prequels
>tying in to one scene in the prequels of dubious canonicity as it's spoken by Darth Liesmuch
>inB4 'mah extended universe!!' It's gone.
It's not just unlikely, it's a boring idea to boot.
>>
>>67674799
that doesn't make any sense, you just made that up
>>
>>67674828
Yes, but his 'big guy' appearance is no longer canon. He still wears the mask though.

I'm being serious
>>
Basically

Based on old leaked concept he was almost definitely going to be Plagueis originally (like in Lucas's planned scripts), but they just replaced he with a generic "evil space wizard" character
>>
>>67674897
Every cunt does it, even professionally, referring to director as shorthand for the army of staff in the credits.
>>
>>67674910
What are you talking about?
References aside.
>>
>>67674828
Bane and the rule of 2 is still canon, just not the trilogy of Bane books that delve into his life(which is a shame).

And the old canon outright stated that Palpatine had other dark side users under him besides Vader, and also had a council of dark side users he consults with.
>>
>>67674418
Snoke was a girl in early concepts.
>>
>>67674796
but Snoke isn't even a muun
>>
>>67674947
Currently reading the Darth Plagueis book which is why I'm not totally up to date with what Palpatine was doing, but I don't really get what problems they would have with the Bane trilogy, was there something specific in them that caused problems for the new canon?
>>
>>67674880
>>tying in to the prequels
Why does this make it unlikely? They've already brought Ewan back and it seems like they're going to do Hayden as well.

>>tying in to one scene in the prequels of dubious canonicity as it's spoken by Darth Liesmuch
I never doubted its authenticity, seemed pretty obvious that Sheev was the apprentice in the story.

>>inB4 'mah extended universe!!' It's gone.
What? It didn't fade from existence, it just stopped being canon, and TFA took shitloads from the EU.

>It's not just unlikely, it's a boring idea to boot.
I won't disagree on how boring it is because that's obviously subjective but as far as likeliness I'm not convinced.

>>67674964
His race was never stated in the current canon so they can go with whatever they want. I mean hey I might be wrong but because of that music I thought it was Plageuis in the cinemas and nothing I've seen or heard since has changed my mind.
>>
>>67674964
Plagues isn't a muun either.
>>
>>67674964
He's talking about some derpy theory that Plagueis is a body snatching ghost.
>>
>Is this the general consensus?

General Consensus is in another platoon.
>>
>>67675019
>derpy theory

Hardly when it actually happening beforehand is canon, even Palpatine was scared he'd do it to him after he killed him.
>>
>>67674418
snope is the "emperor" character. That's it. TFA is the very definition of recycled, designed-by-committee trash.
>>
>>67675005
Here's another reason it won't be plagueis;
We already gussed it.
So if that ever was the intent, it'll be changed now to something equally boring.
>>
If he's just some rando with no relation to existing lore than that would be pretty weak.
>>
>>67675051
Canon where?
In the EU?
That's gone.
>>
>>67675085
Yeah, that's actually a pretty fair point. I would hope, though, that they go the GRRM route of just staying the course instead of sacrificing the integrity of the plot map but I mean it's fucking Disney so who knows.

Or just stay true to Abrams' history and lie through their teeth and keep it as is.
>>
>>67675076
Thematically, yes.
>>67675096
Whatever he's revealed to be will be less interesting than the speculation.
>>
>>67674982
No, nothing specific and it was weird to me too because it takes place so many years before what they're doing now. I think they just wanted to wipe out all non movie canon and not leave any questions.

Then in the star wars cartoon(clone wars I think last episode has Yoda meet the spirit of Bane and mentions the rule of 2. Bane looks nothing like his previous appearance and has more in common with pre-kotor sith.

How is the plagueis book? I've been looking at picking it up and can't decide between it and the Revan book.
>>
>>67675019
>He's talking about some derpy theory that Plagueis is a body snatching ghost.
I really wasn't, I don't know much about the EU I'm just going off the movies and Williams' leitmotif.
I don't read up on whatever theory is prevalent, I'm just saying this is what I got from TFA and a quick rewatch of the Plageuis scene on YouTube to confirm that I was remembering the music correctly.
>>
Snake+Smoke. GET IT? AHAHAHHAHAA
>>
>>67675130
The whole JJ mystery shit grates now IMO.

Snokes was just deliberate and cynical debate fodder. Whatever the reveal, it will fall flat as a Shymalan Twist, I guarantee.
>>
>>67674941
He's canon but looks physically different.
>>
>>67674418
Plagueis = Jar Jar except that all went out the window when the nerds lost their shit at him as a character without giving the story a chance to play out.
>>
Snoke is Kylo Ren from the future

First of many facial deformities from the saber fight in TFA

Screen cap this post
>>
>>67674418
wrath maul
gluttony sidious
pride vader
greed tyrannus
sloth snoke
evny kylo
lust rey
>>
>>67675168
That is kinda weird, for a series with such a rich lore you'd think they want to keep what they could in tact, especially something as old as when Bane was around.

Also it's really good, it's much more of a political take on the Sith, due to the whole book really being about Sidious rise to a Sith lord than much to do with Plagueis.
I was in a similar position, I was going to move on to Reven but I heard this was only one book so I picked this up first rather than start another trilogy, highly recommend it.
>>
>>67675289
SW 'Canon' was such a mess it came in tiers. The only reason to keep it was royalties.
>>
>>67675289
>political take on the sith
Sounds right up my alley. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>67675274
Vader is lust
>>
>>67675269
'Hey, past me, go to Jakku and kill a random scavenger, then kill this trooper.'

Yeah, no.
>>
>>67675348
wants to rule the galaxy with his son by his side...not prideful
>>
>>67675348
>>67675413
from his point of view the jedi are evil.
>lust
>not pride
>>
>>67675413
Fall to darkness because clunge, not lust. Wanted power, not greed. Never bothered to keep duel wielding sabres, not apathy. ET FUCKING CETERA
>>
>>67674752
you could remove sheev from the empire script and it would make no difference
>>
>>67674941
He showed up in an episode of The Clone Wars but he looked different. He has been canonized but is now kind of a darth vader looking guy who wears a mask, instead of a big guy like before.
>>
>>67674418
Yes.

And all you need to know is that if anyone tries to tell you he is Plagueis you can dismiss them as retarded.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.