[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"When the Planet was founded it stood for something"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: clark-kent-man-of-steel.png (143 KB, 326x243) Image search: [Google]
clark-kent-man-of-steel.png
143 KB, 326x243
>"So could you if it was 1938, but it is not 1938!"

>1938 was the year Superman debuted in the comics
>journalism now sells because people want darker and grittier stories about violence, not "doing the right thing" or standing for something
>Superman now is darker and grittier, he doesn't stand for something, he is not a symbol of hope anymore

>"nobody cares about Clark Kent taking on the Batman"

Snyder is kino as fuck.
>>
>>67673898
>>"When the Planet was founded it stood for something"
>>"So could you if it was 1938, but it is not 1938!"
>>1938 was the year Superman debuted in the comics
Please don't tell me you actually found this subtle.
>>
No one actually wants darker/grittier comic book adapations though.

The comics themselves tried that in the 90s and stopped because it wasn't working.
>>
>>67673931
They're fine if they say something, and BvS said something. So I liked it.
>>
This movie went over so many people's heads.
>>
>>67673922
Didn't say it was subtle.
>>
>>67673931
I want darker. I hate campy bane meme shit
>>
>>67673931
>No one actually wants darker/grittier comic book adapations
i do
also
>adapations
learn to spell
>>
>>67673922
It's not subtle, just interesting. I like how you could take it to literally mean the planet, making the statement about society as a whole.
>>
>>67673999
Because most who saw it was just thinking of the bvs fight. If they went into the theatre with more of an open mind then they would hav payed more attention and enjoyed it more
>>
>>67673898

Why the fuck did he say that? Clark only worked as a journalist for a year. The fuck does he know?
>>
>>67673999
you must be soo clever
>>
>>67673898
>1938 was the year Superman debuted in the comics
>journalism now sells because people want darker and grittier stories about violence, not "doing the right thing" or standing for something
>Superman now is darker and grittier, he doesn't stand for something, he is not a symbol of hope anymore

Perry sent him to do a report about a local sports team. That's not a darker and grittier story.
>>
>>67674036
>people wanted a BvS fight in a movie called batman vs. superman

yeah and instead we got some embarrassing 'clever' moments like the one in OP, or that stupid fucking moby dick imagery. someone post the picture of the whale
>>
>>67674059
I hope your baiting. Employees need to know the history of the company they work on you stupid fuck.
>>
>>67673898
>mental gymnastics
>>
>>67673898
>people are defending the trite references, on the nose symbolism and shallow as a puddle politics of BvS as being signs of some deeper intelligence

It's ok, I wanted to like it too. It's a real shame
>>
>>67674181
You would've said that for literally any bit of imagery you'd have explained to you (instead of noticing it on your own).
>>
snyder focussed so hard on Kino he forgot the fucking narrative
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.