[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Main villain has no real motivation or plan. Black Widow can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: avengers.png (176 KB, 739x276) Image search: [Google]
avengers.png
176 KB, 739x276
Main villain has no real motivation or plan.

Black Widow can be erased from the movie and you wouldn't miss a thing, same with Hawkeye.

They don't want to work together until Coulson dies. Nobody in that team except for Tony knew who he was and even him didn't really care for him all that much.

The finale was literally a ripoff from Independence Day.

It's not even that funny. The only 2 moments that are genuinely funny are cartoon level humor.

The cinematography is dull and uninspired.

And people consider this some of the best capeshit why?
>>
>And people consider this some of the best capeshit why?

Because manchildren gonna manchildren.
>>
Yes it's garbage DCkek

But it doesn't make your garbage "capekino" any better

Grow up and spend you money on something that is not capeshit
>>
>>67671631
It was really just an event movie that rode purely off of the hype of having a team up of characters from previous movies and following that continuity.
It isn't a good movie however.
>>
Every day the same thread
It's because it was the first time seeing that many superheroes on screen together, hence the hype and the ratings
>>
novelty.

it's all capeshit, though.
>>
>>67671684
I'm not a DCkek.
Just wondering why critics loved this shit.

>>67671668
So all these critics are manchildren?
>>
>>67671710
"professional" critics seemed to think it was a good movie
>>
> Main villain has no real motivation or plan

He's taking over earth to take revenge on his brother, because he believes he should be king. He made a deal with a warlord for the warlord's army in exchange for the tesseract and leverage over Asgard.

> Black Widow can be erased from the movie and you wouldn't miss a thing, same with Hawkeye.

They're a main character's PoV of the dichotomy between superheros and just really good 'normal' heros.

> They don't want to work together until Coulson dies. Nobody in that team except for Tony knew who he was and even him didn't really care for him all that much.

They all knew him. Captain America felt more responsible for him than most because of Coulson's undiluted praise for him (set up AND USED in the movie), Tony we know, Thor Coulson was the one protecting the hammer and hired Erik Selvig. He then kept Thor's gf safe while Loki was trying to get revenge (also set up IN THE MOVIE VERY EXPLICITLY).

As a major agent in Shield he has history with Hawkeye/Black Widow (worked with both in previous films and can be assumed by relation anyway).

> The finale was literally a ripoff from Independence Day.

THe finale was a really well filmed 'ripoff' in that case. Just because of the trope of a nuclear bomb blowing up the alien spacecraft doesn't make it a ripoff. There were tons of other elements. It wasn't the most original concept (fight off an alien invasion) but it didn't directly rip off much and was very well done regardless.

It's as much of a rip off as most action films are of anything else.

> It's not even that funny. The only 2 moments that are genuinely funny are cartoon level humor.

Might be shocking to you that a film that is directed like a living comic book comes off as cartoonish, but really? That's your criticism?

I felt there were more than 2 but that's subjective. There were only 2 in BvS and they were wildly inappropriate and contributed to the tone deafness of the film itself.
>>
>>67671721
Nah, just being "open minded".
>>
>>67671903

cont.

> The cinematography is dull and uninspired.

Are you fucking kidding me? At least this had establishing shots compared to the tripe that was BvS.

What it lacked in pure cinematography it made up for in pure creativity (i.e. the panorama in the final fight, for example) and the point of it's reserved cinematography is the recognition that comic books were always character-driven rather than event or story driven. It took a very personal route with it's camerawork as a result. It felt much more like a comic book on film as a result.
>>
>>67671746
The fact that a movie like The Avengers is rated so highly is very telling of that facet of journalism.
>>
>>67671947
>At least this had establishing shots compared to the tripe that was BvS
>Comparing a heap of shit with a failed abortion
>>
>>67671947
>establishing shots

About the tenth time I've read these words here since the RLM review on BvS where they say the exact same thing.

Are you people really that pathetic? You really don't know how to form an opinion on your own?
>>
>>67671992

Nice ad hominem. Might as well call them out for repeating Moviebob's review where he also said it.

It's a common criticism because it's oh so basic and has been an issue with Snyder since he stopped directly using graphic novels (Watchmen, 300) as storyboards.

Are you so pathetic you only know of opinions within the last week or so? Snyder criticism is well done already and he keeps repeating the same mistakes.
>>
/tv/ still getting off on capeshit. OK.
>>
>>67672103
Not /tv/, just several greasy fucks than crawl into every god damn thread and express what a work of art DC or Marvel is.
Here is the fun part though, they both claim that their favorite company is better than the other, while in fact both companies are irredeemable shit tier.
>>
>>67672175
After a week of non-stop shitposting it's pretty clear that the userbase of this board contains underage kids and basement dweller manchildren

I doubt they saw more than 50 movies in their entire life
They feast on capeshit and summer blockbusters
>>
File: kill urself.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
kill urself.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1500
>>67672103
>>67672175
>>67672231
>>67671684
>>67671668
>guize i hate capeshit im cool like you!!!
>>
>>67672296
It's okay manchildren keep consuming that tasty shit

I hope you booked your tickets for the upcoming 146 comicbook movies
>>
>>67672314
name something better than the state of comic book films we have. I'll wait
>>
>>67672231
somebody sit this hot head down so he can make the bongs tea!
>>
>>67672231
Bear with it anon, capeshit is dying and their tears are delicious
>How dare the critics rip apart batman vs superman!
>>67672296
>implying anyone outside the US and China enjoys capeshit

>>67672337
Any thing is better for me anon, capeshit was too uninspired for me, even when I was 9 I kept thinking that this is some real dumb shit.
>>
>>67672398
do all euros watch 3 hour erotic dramas with long takes and shit
>>
>>67672398
>claims to be too smart for capeshit
>can't stop saying "shit" which makes them sound like a stoned teenager
wew
>>
>>67671631
t. buttblasted >muh gritty DC capeshit supporter
>>
>>67672465
>claims to be too smart for capeshit
I never claimed that autismo, I just don't understand the appeal of watching some guy play dress up then punching people in the dick at night time.
>>
>>67671903
Let's take movie making seriously for just a moment and consider that movies should work on their own.

>He's taking over earth to take revenge on his brother, because he believes he should be king. He made a deal with a warlord for the warlord's army in exchange for the tesseract and leverage over Asgard.

The movie tells you he's taking over earth. The revenge part and the king part you learn in Thor.

>He made a deal with a warlord for the warlord's army in exchange for the tesseract and leverage over Asgard.

Why is Loki the best choice for getting back the Tesseract? The movie tells us he's the best choice because he knows how to use the scepter. The movie never explains why the scepter is important to get the tesseract. Makes no sense.

>They're a main character's PoV of the dichotomy between superheros and just really good 'normal' heros.

Hawkeye is mindcontrolled for 75% of the movie and literally serves no purpose.

Black Widow can be used to explore the dichotomy between superheros and just really good 'normal' heros but the movie never really goes there. It totally makes no sense why she as a normal human being would be there.

The trailer of the new Cap movie where she stands next to Iron Man and all the other superheroes makes it totally clear that she should have an Iron Man suit by now.

Lucky she's just there to fight Hawkeye. Again, proves that these two have no real place in this movie.

>They all knew him. Captain America felt more responsible for him than most because of Coulson's undiluted praise for him (set up AND USED in the movie),

Cap literally just met him. Cap feels sorry because he had some Cap cards from when he was a kid. It's as stupid as the "Martha" scene in BvS. And I can't see Thor nor Hulk giving a single fuck. At least not in the course of the movie except for the script that tells them to be sad.
>>
>>67672479
Has nothing to do with DC. BvS was total garbage.

Just watched this movie last night because it was playing on TV and it was crap. Went online to see what the consensus was and people actually praise this crap.
>>
File: oh.jpg (35 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
35 KB, 576x432
>>67672479
I have a great way of the year and the only one that has a great way of the year and the only one that has a great way of life and death in a while
>>
>>67672519
>Captain America felt more responsible for him than most because of Coulson's undiluted praise for him (set up AND USED in the movie),

If you go to a celebrity and say you're their biggest fan and you get killed. You think they are going to care?

topkek
>>
>>67672427
no only the ones with taste
>>
Age of Ultron is the most forgettable movie I've ever watched. I don't remember anything about it.
>>
>>67673328
Tony makes a murderbot that clones himself a bunch of times.
>>
>>67671947
>character-driven rather than event or story driven
Lad what are you doing, a character is a narrative technique like all the other ones that are used to compose the story. Every story is 'story-driven' and having to word it like that is pointlessly redundant. I hope you're just baiting.
>>
>>67673366
goddamn. i forgot about Ultron being in it, that's really fucking forgettable
>>
>>67673526
But it's called Age of ULTRON.
>>
>>67673659
That's how forgettable the film was for me
>>
>>67671684
DC and Marvel are both shit you cock eating faggot.
>>
>>67672719
If said celebrity is Captain America? Yeah
Dude is a fucking saint.

Tony Stark? Would probably get drunk to forget his daddy issues and puke on your grave
>>
>>67671684
It's the plebby normies who can't figure out how to download stuff on their computers that fund the neverending stream of capeshit.
I doubt the majority of /tv/ have been to the cinema or bought a dvd for years.
>>
>>67671631

It's a fun movie. But 92% and 8/10 is seriously retarded. It never deserved it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.