[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sopranos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Tonysoprano.jpg (26 KB, 374x373) Image search: [Google]
Tonysoprano.jpg
26 KB, 374x373
How come this show's never criticized on /tv/ for being 80% filler?
>>
Bait.obfuscatedexploit.png
>>
It's time for random sopranos scenes.

Because there are no bad ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSUCDnFuKeE
>>
>>67667316
>filler
Go back to /v/, it was about the characters not about "muh plot", fuck you I'm taking the bait, I can imagine your faggot ass complaining about Mad Men next, " it's a soap opera lmao" or about any show that isn't Br Ba levels of ACTION and MEMES

I'm upset
>>
>>67667364
Didn't mean to reply senpai
>>
>>67667316
Not even baiting.

The shows is littered with story lines that only exists whithin their episode and is never again mentioned when the episode ends.

The most obvious example is that whole season opener that's 50 minutes of the feds placing a bug inside Tonys house that never amounts to anything.
>>
>>67667168
I hated The Sopranos at first because the plot went in circles and it was packed with filler. I was expecting another Breaking Bad.

But upon a rewatch I realized all the filler was valuable. It gives so much more character to the cast since you see them doing their own shit and they're not just cogs in a plot.

In fact I'm downloading the whole show again right now. 28GB down, just 100 or so more to go. Fuck my shitty internet.

It's for this reason that The Sopranos is infinitely more rewatchable than many other shows.
>>
>>67667398
Come back after your 5th or 6th watch through when you actually start realizing the over arcing themes of ancient curses and spirits.

Which the bug in the basement is definitely a part of.

>>67667354
seconded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhgh41a7hPQ
>>
>>67667168

Because real life is 80% filler.
>>
>>67667354

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Tj8F3aJgs
>>
Does anyone have a link to that interview or whatever it was where David Cage talks about how he made the characters talk over each other and what not, since that's how people behave IRL?
>>
>>67667354
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3J2Yj-K3ps

I fucking loved all of this stuff.

Dwight missing the old Soprano's gang being so obvious.

How tsundere.
>>
>>67667549
Fuck I meant David Chase*
>>
>>67667510
is chase a 2deep4u edgelord?
>>
who can we ask to please close the door, /tv/?
>>
>>67667880
not carmela
>>
OP never had the makings of a varsity athlete.
>>
>>67667549
how do you even write screenplays where characters are talking over the top of each other? do you have to stipulate in the scene description that they are or just keep doing interruptions? this is how id do dialogue
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.