[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So he was going to murder his fucking family, right??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: Michael-douglas-as-D-FENS.jpg (43 KB, 430x325) Image search: [Google]
Michael-douglas-as-D-FENS.jpg
43 KB, 430x325
So he was going to murder his fucking family, right??
>>
Michael Douglas? probably
>>
Pls
>>
File: michael-douglas.png (271 KB, 290x654) Image search: [Google]
michael-douglas.png
271 KB, 290x654
>>67666002
D R O P P E D
>>
>>67666002
what movie?
>>
Probably, dude was already insane when he shot up the burger place
>>
>>67666362
problem child 2
>>
He just wanted to give her that faggot snowball thing.
>>
Were we supposed to sympathize with him going around town being a general dick?
>>
>>67666362
g*d bless am*rica
>>
>get told this movie is le redpilled XD
>doesn't kill the fucking gangmembers that murdered many people in a drive by shooting
>instead kills the fucking homophobic neo Nazi small business owner
>>
>>67666780

Yes, soda is too expensive and fast food should look like how it does in the commercials. Also he rekt those gang members and beat up a korean and racist man.
>>
>>67666780

The movie was about more than an man going around being dick.
He was supposed to embody white american society during the mid 90's.

Feeling angry, powerless, and wanting to lash out.

So yeah, we were supposed to sympathise with him
>>
>>67666002
No
>>
>>67666831
>Yes, soda is too expensive and fast food should look like how it does in the commercials
This is the scene that stuck out most for me. Sure he's frustrated with the shitty policies of fast food restaurants but he was taking it out on some minimum wage workers and people just trying to have lunch, all of whom probably have real problems to deal with. I can't help but think the rich jews writing this scene thought it was funnier than it was.
>>
They need to remake/re-imagine this movie in current times for all you anxious angry cracker cucks out there. The timing is perfect.
>>
Which wife was worse. Michael Douglas' bitch ex wife that filed a restraining order, took his house, and won't let him see his kid
Or Robert Duvall obsessive needy bitch wife that makes him move cities, change jobs, and needs a lullaby to calm her down?

>>67666942
You're white so this comment is really fucking weird. And if you're not you're probably some Mad Thad tier faggot

>>67666837
His weird comments to the family that was using the plastic surgeons pool as well as the spooky phone call he made to his ex wife when he was a block away alluded to it
>>
>>67667041
I think he was probably gonna kill himself. All he really wanted was to spend one last moment with his daughter.
>>
>>67666826
> Nazi douchebag "was right" meme
Never change pol
>>
>>67667121
He was the 3rd most innocent character after the store keep and the McDonalds restaurant.

He shoots that guy in cold blood but doesn't do shit to people that murdered probably 5 people in a driveby shooting?
>>
>>67666826
What movie did you watch he clearly killed those gang members
>>
>>67666002
No, he just wanted to see his daughter.
>>
>>67666835
>He was supposed to embody white american society during the mid 90's.

First of all, him being white has nothing to do with it.

Second, some nutcase who flips his shit and goes on a rampage is supposed to embody me? I hope you consider this a comedy, then.

Schumacher is a shit director, and this movie is no exception. At first it wants to be a character study, but about halfway through it changes to your typical good cop chasing bad guy flick.
>>
>>67667212
>First of all, him being white has nothing to do with it.
It has a lot to do with it.

>Second, some nutcase who flips his shit and goes on a rampage is supposed to embody me?
Good goy
>>
>>67667184
No he didn't. They got in a car accident that he had nothing to do with.
>>
>>67666826
the "nazi" was a closet homo rapist IIRC
>>
>>67667241
>It has a lot to do with it.
It literally doesn't.

>Good goy
And you have no argument. If you feel bad for being called out as an idiot, good.
>>
>>67667281
That's another thing that's shit about this movie. It tries so hard to tip-toe the line of portraying him as both a hero and villain, that nearly all the people he conveniently comes across are, in their own way, evil.
>>
He was a fucking retard, when he watches the old family videos he realizes he was an edgy neurotic asshole.
>that scene where the two cops question his ex and they almost laugh at her
Imagine if this movie was released these days
>>
>>67666002

No, he knew the police would catch up with him eventually, he just wanted to see his daughter one last time before he got himself shot so they can cash in on his life insurance.
>>
>>67667448
It would get boycotted and shut down.
>>
>>67667041
Holy shit the white cuck anxiety is real. WHERE IS FALLING DOWN 2016
>>
>>67667432
Well it was directed by Joel "batnipples" Schumacher.
>>
>>67666826
he's also the ultimate cuck
the whole movie is built up to generate anger towards an unjust society, and then he doesn't go all-out. leaves you with a feeling of helplessness, doesn't it?

"even if you tried to attack the many issues we have, it would be pointless" is basically what it's saying
>>
>"Falling down" off the pier at the end

Really.....
>>
>>67667487
Here's a you, Thad
>>
So is anyone with me on the theory that this movie is the prequel to Black Swan?

Hershey reprising her role.
>>
>>67667541
I'm convinced the only people who say they like this movie only vaguely remember watching it a decade or two ago, and only remember the first and last scenes (getting out of his car on the highway, and the cringy "I'm the bad guy?" line).
>>
>>67667606
Doesn't mean the movie was bad
>>
>>67667212

The film was made only a few years after the LA riots, and its set in the exact same part of the country as well

That wasn't a coincidence.
The film was trying to capture the frustration and cynicism of that era
>>
this was also a time when all the aerospace jobs were leaving the greater LA basin which meant wealthy but not rich Republican aerospace engineers got a pink slip and a severance and a trip out of the city.

I think they all went to Idaho, no joke
>>
>>67666002
One of those movies where the character did nothing wrong.

Hell he even murdered that nazi fuck. He shud be rated a hero
>>
>>67667713
What? There's nothing in the movie that comes even close to tying it to the LA riots. It's simply about a guy who is having a bad day and snaps. Throw in a couple clichés (cop on his last day before retirement, evil white supremacist getting his comeuppance, etc.) and you have a one dimensional flick that people like to pretend symbolizes more than it does.
>>
literally white boi power fantasy: the kino
>>
its a white collar fantasy
so yeah
>>
>>67667933
Well there is no 'socially acceptable' equivalent to blacklivesmatter or Baltimore for whites. We can't just go out and destroy things in the real world without consequences while pretending to be the wronged party.
>>
>>67668230
>nobody got arrested in Baltimore
>>
File: oetG0Ax.jpg (562 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
oetG0Ax.jpg
562 KB, 2000x2000
>>67668299
Well I'm sure all the marauding looters got their just punishment. What's that? Most of them got released without charges? The black mayor and black DA declined to further prodsecute all but the worst offenders?

Sounds like justice to me!
>>
File: 1425989148240.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1425989148240.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>67666826
how is it redpilled? you don't sympathise with the guy, he's the antagonist, he's clinically insane and goes around killing people, and gets killed at the end

it would be like calling Apocalypse Now pro-war, or calling This is England pro-nationalist
>>
>>67668230
>'socially acceptable' equivalent to blacklivesmatter or Baltimore for whites
what makes you think white people need, warrant, or deserve such a thing??
>>
>>67668385
You try to figure out the individual charges on 486 people (the number arrested), sorting out exactly who looted and threw bottles, and go through the proper procedures.

Well, they did their best in the short time they could, and 82 were released, approximately 1/5th. OMG LUDICRACY!!!
>>
>>67668531
Whites are being genocided in their own countries and forbidden to speak out against in. White men are public enemy #1 for virtually all special interest groups; there is not a single demographic of people more hated, vilified, and openly discriminated against.
>>
File: 1428288172798.jpg (23 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1428288172798.jpg
23 KB, 240x251
>>67668561
>Whites are being genocided in their own countries
cry me a fucking river, holy shit
>>
>>67668494
for many people apocalypse now is pro-war, because the only things they remember are "that awesome helicopter attack", "that cool seargeant", the fascinating setting and the ridiculous idea that there are profound insights to be found in war.

same goes for falling down: people will mostly remember it for being one of the very very few exceptions to even touch the theme of whitey standing up against thugs and (even if just for a second) gaining the upper hand against corruption and crime.

don't confuse the intended message of a movie with its actual influence on people. it's mostly about what images/ideas are most memorable, and in the case of falling down its definitely not his defeat - it's his uprising.
>>
>>67668561
>and without a hint of irony
>>
>>67667121
He never killed anyone and pay taxes, much better than the negro.
>>
>>67666316
You're not a jew through your father, he's not a jew.
>>
>>67668601
>>67668687
Holy smokes, the plebbitors are out this morning that's for sure
>>
>>67668601
35000 white girls raped each year by negros
0 cases of black girls raped by whites
Also.
Do you know what's the most dangerous job?
White farmer in South Africa.
And don't tell me South Africa is theirs cause the bantu people came after the first european settlers.
>>
>>67668980
Negro I've been here the last 15 hours
>>
>>67669172
I've been banging ur mom for the last 15 hours
>>
>>67669200
The only time you've banged anything is your head when you fell out of your mom's cunt. Cry more about South Africa.
>>
>>67669266
Not the same person, dumbfuck.
>>
>>67669076
>Do you know what's the most dangerous job?
>White farmer in South Africa.
I wonder if that might have something to do with tension surrounding a century of increasing racial wealth inequality and the fact that 90% of the wealth in that 80% black post-apartheid country is still owned by whites.

What am I thinking, surely the two facts are unrelated.
>>
>>67669506
Zimbawe was the breadbasket of africa when the farms were white owned, they were kicked out and now are owned by blacks.
Now there's a massive famine and the have to rely on UN AID.

What am I thinking, surely the two facts are unrelated.
>>
>>67668682
It has nothing to do with white supremacy, he even kills an actual white supremacist. Just because people watch the movie and are sympathetic to the lead character and the frustrations he has and the observations he makes doesn't mean it's about race. He has conflicts like the one I've just mentioned and shows sympathy for the "not economically viable" guy who is a black man which takes race completely out of it.
>>
>>67669571
>shown to be in error on the subject of one country
>immediately jumps to the next
I'm sure this would be fun but I must sleep
>>
>>67669702
Are you a fucking retard?
It's the same fucking subject.
White farmers in black countries.
Do you even now where Zimbawe is?
>>
>>67669702
>>shown to be in error on the subject of one country
What error? That they owned more?
Of course they did, what shouldn't they? It was their country.
>>
File: ishygddt homer.jpg (60 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt homer.jpg
60 KB, 400x381
>>67667212
>First of all, him being white has nothing to do with it.

did you watch the movie?
>>
>>67669818
>disagrees with and ends up killing a white supremacist

Did you?
>>
>>67667556
>"I guess I was falling down this while time"

Really unessesary
>>
Where had he been eating his lunch /tv/?
>>
File: homers bbc.jpg (39 KB, 489x488) Image search: [Google]
homers bbc.jpg
39 KB, 489x488
>>67669846

You mean the guy who immediately saw him as an ally because of his skin color?
>>
>>67666002
lmao no. He hated that bitch ex wife but loved his daughter.
>>
File: Special Task Force.webm (3 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Special Task Force.webm
3 MB, 450x450
>>67669506
>>67669702
>>
>>67669871
Yes
>>
File: 1458643081570.jpg (32 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
1458643081570.jpg
32 KB, 567x642
>>67669945
>>
>>67669506
>Whites should have all of their wealth taken from them
SJW logic
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.